Bloom

Joy Sanctuary

Sungmin was still stunned even after she has walked into her apartment and recalled how Kyuhyun reached over and kissed her. Though surprised, it was pleasant and sweet, and she could tell that Kyuhyun was equally stunned by his own action. But he recovered quickly and smile and bid her goodbye.

Was it a good thing in their relationship? Honestly, she couldn't think. He has been a joyful companion, caring and friendly, but eversince she got to know that he was KH Cho, the architect whom she feared working with, she somehow became cautious, because there's an element of respect and her responsibility to finish the job up to his satisfaction, so she felt that there should be a gap there.

But Kyuhyun's actions so far was pointing towards a closer relationship. Seems like he does like her for real, even after finding out that she was Lee Sungmin who handled designing his Sanctuary. In fact, it seemed like this revelation made him cared for her more. Sungmin touched her lips and couldn't help smiling. Kyuhyun was really a romantic guy! How could such a gorgeously handsome man was still single all these while?

On Friday, Sungmin packed her things and hurriedly said goodbye to Donghae and rushed off. Donghae, who had wanted to say goodbye, but by the time he looked up from his laptop, she was gone! He wondered whether Sungmin did say goodbye to him or a ghost said that? Shivering suddenly, he packed up as well and messaged his boyfriend the place to meet for dinner, and then he too, went off. 

Sungmin had texted Kyuhyun her full address and said that dinner should be ready by 8pm. Kyuhyun replied with a "See you" with a smiley emoticon. 

Sungmin started baking her apple pies as soon as she had taken her shower and had brought out her apples mix from her fridge. She had done the apples mix this morning before she left home. She had mixed sugar, flour, cinnamon, nutmeg and salt in large bowl and stir in her cut apples, and covered the mixture with plastic wrap and left it in the fridge. She started heating her oven and now she started preparing the double-crust pastry. She rolled the other round of pastry to cover the mixture and folded the edges and cut slits so steam can escape. Once done, she baked it for 40 minutes and monitor until the crust turned brown and juice begins to bubble through slits in crust.

While the apple pie was baking in the oven, she started preparing spaghetti for dinner and laid her tables neatly with 2 sets of dining plates and napkin. 

The whole house was smelling a delicious pastry smell when Sungmin opened her door after Kyuhyun rang the bell twice. A smiling Kyuhyun was looking so handsome with beige sweater, a bouquet of pink roses in one hand, and a wine bottle in his other hand. 

"Wow, it smells so good!! What are you baking??" Kyuhyun said as he stepped in, "and this is for you" he passed the bouquet to Sungmin and put the wine bottle on the dining table. 

"Ohh thank you! It's apple pie. I hope it turn out well" Sungmin said, chuckling. "Get yourself comfortable first, i get our dinner ready" she ushered him her sofa seat. 

"Need any help?" 

"No need, it's done, I just need to scoop the pasta". 

Sungmin's apartment was small yet cosy and homely. And mostly pink! Her curtains were in light pink, her cushion covers were in bright pink, her side table light was on pink lilac, her dining table cloth was also in pink, well actually white with large pink cherry blossoms, and she herself was in a similar sweater as Kyuhyun himself, but in light pink! 

"You really like pink! Thank God I chose pink roses bouquet!" Kyuhyun said smiling. 

"Haha yeah, I love pink. And I was about to ask you how come you know I like pink?" 

"Hmmm, maybe I'm beginning to get to know what you like and dislike..." Kyuhyun said while walking back to the dining table. 

Sungmin looked at him wondering what he meant. 

He walked towards her and took her hands, and said slowly, "Be my girlfriend, Sungmin" 

"Kyu, we only know each other for a while. And you are our client" 

"I know that I like you very much, and I don't care that I'm your company's client. It doesn't matter to me" 

"How......." but Kyuhyun put a finger on her lips to stop her from talking. 

"You don't have to answer now. Let's eat ok. I hope I didn't spoil your appetite" Kyuhyun smile and walked away to wash his hands at the sink. He noticed the apple pie "Wow, so this the delicious smelling thingy that I have been smelling. Can I try one first, Min?" 

"I thought you want to eat first" 

"I change my mind!" 

Smiling, Sungmin went to take a plate and standing next to Kyuhyun, she scooped out a piece which she has cut, and turned around to pass the plate to him. 

"Feed me?" 

"Sit down and eat it yourself... " 

"No, feed me, ahhhhh" and Kyuhyun opened his mouth. He looked cute though, waiting there with his mouth opened. Kyuhyun is so handsome up close and he smell nice too. Chuckling, Sungmin cut the triangle end to feed him. 

"Hmmm ohmygod, this is so nice!!!" Kyuhyun honestly praised her apple pie. He ate another piece which Sungmin fed him and finished up the rest on his own. "Min, this is so good!!! The crust is not too hard, not too crumbsy, the apples are delicious and overall, this is the nicest apple pie that I've ever taste!!" 

"Thank you, glad that it turned out well".  After they started eating the spaghetti, Sungmin continued "by the way, Kyu, I was planning to start teaching your students baking cupcakes because they are easy to bake and they can use their imagination to decorate the cream top" 

"Fantastic! Oh yes, want to go with me to see the oven tomorrow? Ryeowook got the supplier address already and made appointment for me to view the big oven for the baking class". 

"Oh really? That's great. What time tomorrow?" 

"10.30am. We can go for breakfast first and then go to the supplier warehouse". 

"Ms Ryeowook not coming with you?" 

"No, Saturdays she is off. Are you ok to go?" 

"Yup, ok" 

"I pick you up at 8.30am? Or do you want to cook breakfast for me?" Kyuhyun said jokingly. 

"Do you like scones?" 

"Min, I was just joking. You don't have to trouble yourself. We can have breakfast outside" Kyuhyun laughed. 

"Ok, I will make scones for you next time" Sungmin smile at him. 

"Wow, it's so tempting..." 

"Next time! So we go for breakfast tomorrow" Sungmin decided. And seeing that Kyuhyun's plate was clean, she took his plate and brought the apple pies to the dining table and put 2 clean desert plates. She took 2 wine glasses too.

Kyuhyun took the wine that he brought and said "Luckily I brought this wine! It goes well with the apple pie!! This is Moscato d'Asti. To end our meal on a lighter note, this is the right one, the Moscato d'Asti, a low-alcohol, sweet, fizzy wine from Italy that's filled with notes of fruit blossoms and happiness!" and he poured into their glasses. 

"Wow, you got it from Italy?" 

"Hmhmmm.. when I was in Rome attending a conference on how buildings can help save the environment. Come, try it" he gave Sungmin her glass. 

"Hmmm, it's nice.. And you are right, it goes well with the apple pie!" 

"Min, I really love your apple pie. One day, can you bake this again? I want to let my mum try it" Kyuhyun said after finishing the last piece. 

"Sure!" Sungmin smile sweetly and took the empty plates to put in the sink. "Kyu, bring the wine to the sofa set. It's more windy there" she said while washing the plates. 

They had a wonderful time sipping the wine, and after a while, Kyuhyun sat closer and held her hand. 

"Min, I like you a lot. And I'm really serious when I ask you to be my girlfriend. Can you please consider it seriously?" 

Sungmin looked at him. She saw his sincerity and the hopeful look on his gorgeous face. How would any girls not melt with that look! 

"Kyu, you are KH Cho. Even if we are in a relationship, that doesn't change the fact that you are our client. One day you might scold me or get upset with my designing works and  that will put a strain in our relationship". 

"Is that what's holding you back? That, because of work, we might be at loggerheads? Min, am I that bad in your eyes?" 

"No, that's not what I mean" 

"Then..?" 

"I.. what if Heechul expect you to always give us the job since I am your girlfriend? What if you are not happy with my design, and so you are not happy with me? What if I get too upset with you and don't want to talk to you?" 

"Anymore...?" Kyuhyun said teasing her.

Sungmin looked down. She would love to be Kyuhyun's girlfriend but she didn't want people to talk behind their back that Kyuhyun favoured Heechul's company because his girlfriend is there..? 

Kyuhyun reached over and kissed her. Holding her head because she had wanted to pull back, he deepened his kiss. 

Sungmin gave up struggling and became lost in the sensuous kiss. She never knew how to kiss properly until this moment. And it was sweet and lovely. She was just melting. 

Kyuhyun held her close to his heart after they stopped kissing. He has fallen in love with her which only now he realised it. He never felt like this before and he definitely wouldn't want to lose her. 

Sungmin stayed in Kyuhyun's arms and somehow she felt calm, she felt wanted, she felt peace, and she felt home. Is this where she was supposed to be? In his arms? 

She moved a bit to look at his face. Yes, she likes him. In fact she has fallen in love with him. When did that happened? But she shouldn't tell him yet. She should take one step at a time. 

"Min, please, give me a chance to prove to you that our relationship can work... please?" 

Ohhh, she's melting again... 
Smiling, she said "Yes, Kyu, I will be your girlfriend. 

Kyuhyun pulled her and hugged her tightly. 

​​​​​​