Unexpected meeting

Joy Sanctuary

Kyuhyun was alarmed when that impatient lady fainted and instantly caught her before she hit the ground. Another staff from the supermarket ran to her too, and then told Kyuhyun that he could carry her to their office to put her on the sofa. She thanked him and told him that she was calling an ambulance.

Kyuhyun felt bad that he told her off when they were in the queue. Probably this lady was really in a hurry or maybe she was anaemic or something. "She should have just go to Macdonalds or something to get some fast food" Kyuhyun told himself. He stayed there accompanying her while waiting for the ambulance, eventhough the staff said that she would handle the situation.

He had dropped by the supermarket to buy bread and eggs for his own apartment in the city. For the orphanage, he has already made arrangements for supplies of bread and other meals stuff to be delivered directly to the sanctuary, including his parents and staff meals. He would stay in his own apartment in the city if he has late meetings with clients or has an early meeting the next morning.

"Sir, you can leave her here, we will wait for the paramedics" the supermarket staff, which he saw her name tag as 'Sunny Lee' said.

"Alright, can you let me know if she is ok? Here is my business card" Kyuhyun fished out his card and gave the supermarket staff.

"Thank you, I will update you" Ms Sunny Lee accepted his business card and bowed to him.

He then took his groceries again and paid for them and left the supermarket. While driving back to his apartment, he was still feeling bad. "Aisshhh, maybe the next time I saw her, I will just apologise" Kyuhyun told himself.

The next morning, Kyuhyun went to SJ Designs Inc to discuss with Heechul regarding the changes that he requested. Heechul has texted him that his staff has already did the amendments and he wanted to send the design to Kyuhyun, but Kyuhyun told him that he would drop by his office instead. 

In his car, he saw that he has a message which was sent late last night. 

"Mr Cho, this is Sunny Lee from Homeplus Supermarket. We have taken Ms Lee to the hospital and she is in a stable condition but has not regain consciousness. Doctor diagnosed as acute anaemic, but he would give a more accurate diagnosis after the blood test. Our supermarket will bear all her hospital cost. Thank you for helping".

"Oh so that impatient lady is Ms Lee" Kyuhyun said to himself and then started driving to Heechul's office. 

"Heyyy, good morning, Kyuhyun-ssi! You have a meeting with our boss?" Donghae greeted Kyuhyun as soon as Kyuhyun stepped in their office. Donghae was on his way to his seat from their office pantry. 

"Morning Hae! Told you already don't have to be formal with me!" He patted Donghae's shoulder and smile warmly. 

"Kim Kyu!!!! Good morning!! Come in come in!" Heechul greeted him at his office door. He had just arrived too, and bought 2 coffees for them. 

"Morning hyung! Is that one for me?" Kyuhyun pointed at the two drinks. 

"Yup!!" 

"Woohoo thank you!!!" 

"Do you need breakfast? I can get my staff to buy" 

"No need thanks. I ate bread at my apartment already. Is the design ready?" Kyuhyun sipped his coffee and sat comfortably. 

"Yup, let me open it on my laptop. Ohh, hold on a minute" Heechul got up and called up to Donghae "Hae, where's Sungmin?" 

"Boss, she's on medical leave. She just called me from the hospital" Donghae walked up to him and told him his conversation with Sungmin. 

"Ohh because of her anaemia I guessed" Heechul said softly and scratched her head. Guessed he has to deal with Kyuhyun without Sungmin. 

"Kim Kyu, sorry, Sungmin is on medical leave. I will let her know if you need some more changes" Heechul said while returning back to his seat. 

"Hmmm, the revised design seemed alright. I do prefer the magazines rack to be next to the door, but it's ok, I can rearrange it later. Ok so, I will use this design, hyung"

"Great. How about the classrooms? Final? Or you need to amend anything?" 

"Ah yes, minor changes only. I want to use whiteboard for all the classes, and need a projector. So she just need to change the board, and cater for a projector hanging from the ceiling. That's it" 

"Alright but those can wait right? Coz Sungmin is on MC. I get her to amend once she is back"

"Can she do it by end of next week?" 

"Yup, can. I update you once the classroom amendments are done, ok?" 

"Thanks hyung. By the way, I was planning to have an indoor playroom, but currently still subject to floor plan approval. It will be at the back of the existing classroom. Do you think Miss Sungmin can handle?" 

"Let me see. Currently she has your project, and 3 small jobs for public bathhouse. She should be able to handle your playroom. Or do you prefer another staff to handle?" 

"No, Ms Sungmin is fine. It just that she need to broaden her mind, open her eyes, go to design exhibitions more, so that she gain more experience" Kyuhyun said, and stood up to made his move "I make a move first, hyung. See you again". 

"Alright, thanks Kim Kyu. See you again! "

On the way to his car, Kyuhyun called Ms Sunny Lee. "Ms Sunny Lee? Hi, I'm Kyuhyun. Thank you for updating me about Miss Lee. Do you have her ward nbr? No, no, I just want to send her flowers. Ok then, you text me? Alright, thank you"

Kyuhyun got the text just when he entered his car. He called a florist to arrange for bouquet of flowers with a basket of fruits to Miss Lee and he provided the ward number and the message that he wanted to sent along with the flowers. 

Sungmin was resting on her hospital bed. She had just off the line with her boss, Heechul, who updated her about the meeting with Mr Cho. She breathed a sigh of relief because Mr Cho accepted her revised design, and he even wanted Sungmin to continue designing the propose Indoor Playroom.

She was about to turn around to sleep when she heard a nurse calling her name. A delivery guy gave her a bouquet of beautiful pink roses and a basket of fruits and asked her to sign for acceptance.

"Wow, so lovely!! Is it from the office? Ohh there's a card" Sungmin opened the card, and was confused that it was from "Kyuhyun".

"Kyuhyun? Who is Kyuhyun?" and she read the message "To Miss Lee, get well soon and I apologise for saying something that I shouldn't have. Take care. From Kyuhyun (the guy who was in front of you in the supermarket queue)". 

"Ohhh, and he was also the guy who helped carry me to the supermarket office. That was what Ms Sunny Lee told me. I am the one who should say thank you"

She called Ms Sunny Lee to ask for Kyuhyun's nbr. Once gotten his nbr, she texted him.

"Hi Kyuhyun-ssi. Thank you for the beautiful flowers and the fruit basket. Apologies accepted but please accept my gratitude for carrying me to that office and ensure that I was safe. Thank you very much from the bottom of my heart. From Minnie".

Kyuhyun smiled. "Minnie. Cute". He saved her number as "Impatient Lady" and got out of his car.

Sungmin went back to office on the next day eventhough she was still on hospitalisation medical leave, and got nagged by Donghae.

"Minnie Min, why don't you rest at home until you are better? Doctors don't give you medical leave for nothing you know! Work can wait but health is more important!" 

"I'm alright, Hae. I promise I will eat, ok. That night I was too engrossed to finish the work that I forgot to buy something to eat until it was too late" 

"I should just got you something before I left!" 

"It was not your fault. Anyway, I feel fine, and boss said Mr Cho wanted to add some more things for the classrooms, so I better get down to it'

"Oh yes, he was here yesterday" 

"Oh really? And I was not here" Sungmin wished that she could discussed face to face with Mr Cho himself. 

"You will get to meet him, don't worry. Maybe God is great, you only meet him when he's no longer angry with you" Donghae chuckled, and added excitedly "Heyyy, you never tell me about that hunk who caught you when you fell and carried you to the admin office!!" 

"Well, he was the same guy that I saw when I was on the way to Joy Sanctuary" and she proceeded to tell him what happened on that day and during the queue at the supermarket. "And I guess he was feeling apologetic, so he sent me a bouquet of flowers and a fruit basket" 

"Wow!! Such a romantic guy!!! Did you saved his number?" 

"Yes, but I don't think I will meet him again. It was just coincidence and on both occasions, and worst of all, I was being impatient! I didn't make a good impression" Sungmin laughed. He must have hated her and only feeling apologetic because she fainted. 

"Anyway Hae, I better see boss now and get on with the classroom amendments" Sungmin got up to walk to Heechul's office. 

It was a cool autumn day. Sungmin bought her sandwich and was on her way back to her office when she saw an architectural exhibition happening at one venue that she walked passed. She entered it and was mesmerised by the beautiful architectural designs which won awards and accreditations for the past years. She stopped at one of the best award design, and was surprised that the architect was KH Cho. "Ohh, this must be the one Hae was talking about" Sungmin was telling herself. 

"Minnie-ssi? Surprised to see you here!" a voice spoke to her from behind. 

She turned around and was surprised as well "Kyuhyun-ssi, right? Hello! Nice to meet you" and Sungmin gave out her hand for a handshake. 

Kyuhyun accepted her hand "Nice to meet you too! How are you?" 

"I am fine, thank you. And thank you for the beautiful pink roses ad the fruit basket! And thank you for carrying me! I must be heavy" Sungmin shyly smile and looked down. 

"You are not heavy at all! Do you work around here?" 

"Yes, about two blocks from here. I was walking back after buying a sandwich, when I saw this exhibition. You brought the kids to this exhibition too?" 

"Kids?" for a moment, Kyuhyun couldn't catch what she meant. 

"Ahh, I mean those kids that you were helping to get on the bus" 

"Ohhh, I see" Kyuhyun laughed, and continued "No, not today. Actually I was thinking of bringing them to watch a movie, but haven't think of any nice one" 

"You can bring them to watch 'Downsizing', it's a comedy and science fiction kind of movie. I read the reviews that it was about a man who realizes he would have a better life if he were to shrink himself to five inches tall, allowing him to live in wealth and splendor". 

"Hmm, that's interesting. Have you watch it?". 

"No, I just read the reviews only" 

"Want to watch it together? Then I can decide whether to bring the kids to watch it at another time" 

Sungmin was surprised. She didn't expect Kyuhyun would want to watch the movie with her! 

"Errr, if your boyfriend would mind you watching with me, then it's alright" Kyuhyun thought that her hesitation was because she has a boyfriend. 

"No, no, I don't have a boyfriend, I was just surprised that you want to watch it with me" 

"Why not, treat it as my way to apologise to you" 

"Kyuhyun-ssi, you don't have to apologise. Anyway, yes, why not, let's watch it together!" Sungmin smile. 

"Great!! Will this Friday night be ok? I will text you the time? I still have your number" Kyuhyun smile and praised himself for having the guts to ask a girl out! 

"Alright. Nice meeting you, Kyuhyun-ssi. See you this Friday night" Sungmin bowed and waved at him. 

"Wow! She accepted it! Yes!!" Kyuhyun was smiling happily and felt jubilant that he would be watching the movie with her.