Wedding preps

Joy Sanctuary


Sungmin smile when she saw herself in the mirror. "Wow.. not bad!" she commented, turning around in her wedding gown in the bridal shop. She was trying a gown which she couldn't take her eyes off, which is an A-line gown, a halfway point between sheath style and ball gown, with a subtle floral design which is nicely covered by the tulle overskirt of this sleeveless, ethereal gown. It is made of lace, with pretty beaded floral embroidery and with a flowing english net from her waist down. It essentuated her figure nicely, but she wasn't sure if Kyuhyun would approve it as the upper gown showed a bit of her cleavage.

Victoria poke her face in between the curtain, then she went inside fully "Ohmygod, you look so stunning!!! This is a really good choice!!! I didn't expect it to look so good on you!! Wait wait, I have a headpiece and veil in mind!!" Victoria disappeared in a second before Sungmin could utter anything.

And she came back with an excited face and quickly put the floral headpiece and veil on Sungmin. Even with little makeup, Sungmin looked so pretty! "Let's show you to Kyuhyun!! He is ready with his gorgeous gray suit!".

"I'm not sure if this is ok with him, though, coz can see my clevage and...." Sungmin looked down and wasn't sure if she is ready for Kyuhyun to see.

"Don't worry, he'll be speechless!! Come, I will open the curtain. Just stand here, alright!" and Victoria disappeared again.

Sungmin was nervous, she wasn't sure why. She took a few deep breaths as the curtain started opening slowly. Kyuhyun was talking something to Victoria and he turned around when the curtain started opening. 

"Ohmygod Sungmin!! Is that you? You look so stunning!!!" Kyuhyun was genuinely at awe, at how pretty his precious girl is! 

"Do I look ok?" Sungmin said, stepping forward towards Kyuhyun. 

"You are more than ok and so so beautiful in this gown!!!!!!" Kyuhyun put out his hand to help Sungmin stepped down the two steps. 

"But... errr... the neckline, it showed my clevage..." Sungmin used her hand to cover her in-between area. 

Kyuhyun concentrated on that area and removed her hand "Hmm, it's not too revealing, but I'm ok with it because those are mine" and then "Ouch... what's that for?!!!" and laughed because Sungmin pinched him. "Really, Min, you look so beautiful!!! Haiz, how am I supposed to wait till our wedding day..." Kyuhyun joked and bend forward to kiss her briefly. 

"Heyyy lovebirds, let me take some photos!!" Victoria said, and added "Seriously, you two look so good!! I never had such a good looking couple so far!!! It's like a match made in heaven!! Come, look at the camera!" 

And Kyuhyun couldn't let go of Sungmin. His hands were everywhere, her back, her waist, her face, and he even carried her, kissed her, hugged her, and just looking closely at her, making Sungmin giggled cutely. Victoria captured them all!! She used their handphone to take their photos too. 

"Sungmin-ssi, I think I won't bun up your hair, maybe curl them a bit and just let them fall on your shoulders. It will be a garden wedding?" Victoria asked both of them, while arranging Sungmin's veil to the back so that she could decide on her hairstyle. 

"Yup, at my Sanctuary. So it will be slightly windy, Vic" Kyuhyun said, guiding Sungmin to sit at the corner seats for their discussion. 

"Yes, so a free-fall hair would be better, but I need to use hair spray  and curls to make your hair intact. You have a beautiful shoulder and the dress is really appropriate!!!" Victoria praised Sungmin honestly. Sungmin smile and thanked Victoria. 

"Ohh, Victoria-ssi, let me show you the wedding venue" Sungmin got up and walked towards her bag on the sofa. She took out her design printout. 

"You finished amending the design?" Kyuhyun asked, reaching out to help Sungmin to sit again. 

"Yes, after your amendments, I finished it last night" Sungmin smile at Kyuhyun.  Over the week, they had several discussions on the design and Kyuhyun being Kyuhyun, kept amending it to suits his taste, but to be fair, he kept to Sungmin's original idea. She loved their fruitful discussions as she valued Kyuhyun's opinion, eventhough Kyuhyun constantly interrupted it with kisses and hugging and more kisses. 

"Wow, not only you two are a match made in heaven, you two are a match in work area as well!!!" Victoria laughingly shook her head, took the design and study it.  

"Hmmm, so it will be quite a long walk from the sanctuary for Sungmin. So we won't be using the wedding trailer, ok? Else you will have problem with it getting caught with ground leaves" Vic turned to Sungmin for her concurrence, which she nodded understandingly. "And, presumably the aisle' path to the dias are lined with children showering you with flowers, I suggest you move the chairs a little bit away from the aisle, in case you or your father bump against these kids along the way"

"Ahhh, yes, you are right. Okay, I'll amend it to have a slightly wider walk path. But can you still bring along the trailing veil, in case it rains and we will move the wedding into the hall? The hall design is similar, just that it has shorter walks" Sungmin reached for her design and showed Victoria the next printout.

"Yeah Vic, we will have the hall as backup, and if the garden wedding goes as plan, some of my staff will rearrange the hall seats into wedding bouquet for the dinner" Kyuhyun explained.

"Okay sure!" Victoria nodded and jotted some notes in her ipad mini.

They proceed to discuss more details about the wedding gowns, like alterations, the date for studio photo and outdoor photo taking, and when to collect the dress and the suit, and Victoria added jokingly "And Sungmin-ssi, try not to put on weight, else you couldn't fit into this dress!"

"I will make sure she don't put on weight!!" Kyuhyun reached over to put his arm around Sungmin's waist and pull her closer, making Sungmin and Victoria laughed.

They changed back to their attire and bid Victoria goodbye. They have a lot of things to settle, so before they hop on to the next place of their 'errand list', they dropped by a cafe for lunch.

"Min, I think we go to my aunt's shop first to settle the flowers for the wedding area. Should be nearby here, then we go to the cake shop. Your mum has informed her friend that we are coming over?" Kyuhyun asked Sungmin. Mrs Lee has suggested to engage her friend for the wedding cake and for the wedding banquet desserts.

"Yeah, she did. Wait, aunt Tina sent me some pictures of her wedding cakes..." Sungmin took her phone and browse to the photos. "Here, those cakes looks so awesome! But she did say we can have our own design and let her know, and she will try to accommodate" Sungmin smile while showing the cake photos to Kyuhyun.

"Wow, those cakes look amazing! Hmmm, but I was thinking if she can do a house-like design? It can be a little house on the last tier of the cake" Kyuhyun said. He wants the house to symbolise their own home together.

"I think she should be able to do it. Want me to sketch something?" Sungmin took out her ipad and using one of the 3-tier cake photo, she added a house on the top tier. "Something like this?" he showed it to Kyuhyun.

"Min, you are awesome! Yeah something like that. Ok saved it so that we can show it later" Kyuhyun said, finishing his meal. Then, thinking that it would be a good time to discuss what has been in his mind, he said "Min, how about you quit your job and be my full time designer? It is more convenient as we can work together and you can go overseas with me for my business trips" he raised his eyebrows and waited for Sungmin's reaction.

Sungmin looked at him "I.... don't know if my boss will let me go. I enjoy working there and Mr Kim is a great boss..."

"You mean I won't be a great boss and a great husband?" Kyuhyun .

"I don't mean it like that... Let me think about it?..."

"We can work at home and don't worry too much if I don't agree on your designs. We can always discuss and you can amend it anytime. I'll be a good boss, I promise" Kyuhyun lifted up his palm to show Sungmin that he swear by what he said!

"Kyu, I know you are a great architect and you are a great person to work with. But after our marriage, I want to be a good wife and come back from work to be with you. I want to feel missing you and look forward to be with you after a long day at work".

"But I did say you should stop work when you are pregnant. So why don't you just work for me and be my designer full time?"

Sungmin was quiet and looked down. She couldn't decide yet and knew that Kyuhyun was just being fair and thinking about their future together. Why is she so reluctant to work for her own husband?

"Just think about it, ok? I'm not forcing you but I do hope that you can be with me all the time" Kyuhyun took her hand and squeezed it. He hope Sungmin didn't see him as being possessive, but he really want her to be with him wherever he goes.

"You'll get tired of me..." Sungmin said smiling.

"Never! I can't get enough of you as it is and my life is not complete without you..."

"I'll think about it ok. Give me some time..."

"Sure my love..." and he lifted her hand and kiss it. He knew he should not force her and need to give her some space.

They finished their lunch and went to the flower shop. All the flower arrangements done and paid for, and so they proceed to the cake shop.

After discussing what was on their mind, Mrs Han said, "Hmm, it might be too heavy to put a cake house on the 3rd tier" she was thinking while explaining. "How about the Cake House is the 3rd tier itself? We can put a base and decorate the house surroundings with flowers, mini trees, and cars"

"Wow yes! That will be awesome!" Kyuhyun nodded, smiling happily.

Sungmin agreed too! She quickly sketch something and googled for some home garden pictures, and incorporate it into her sketch "Like this?" and showed it to Mrs Han and Kyuhyun.

"Yes, that's the idea. I can make these for the 3rd tier and maybe for the 1st and 2nd tier, I decorate it with flowers too, to compliment the 3rd tier?" Mrs Han suggested.

"Great, but make the 3rd tier the highlight? I want it to symbolise our marriage and we are building a home together" Kyuhyun said smilingly glancing at Sungmin.

"Sure, okayy will do. Sungminnie, can I have a copy of that design? You design so well! I must compliment your mother!!" Mrs Han praised her.

"Haha.. I'm just a normal designer. But thank you for you compliment!! What's your email address? I send the design to you now" Sungmin said, saving her design and toggled to her email.

They finalised the cake design and Kyuhyun paid a deposit. He turned down Sungmin's plea to share the cost and kissed her whenever she talk about cost sharing, in the car.

"Kyu, let me share, for the wedding gown, the flowers and the cake, it's our wedding"

"You design everything for free, that is enough for me and I am so grateful!!"

"But..." 

"Ok, we look for your shoes and you pay for it. How about that?" 

Nodding her head, Sungmin said "Okayy. Hand over your wallet to me" Sungmin held out her hand. 

"Why, I thought you will be paying!" 

"Yes, so I will hold your wallet, else you will pay" 

"I will let you pay. I swear!" Kyuhyun refused to hand over his wallet. 

"I don't trust you when it come to paying" Sungmin laughingly try to put her hand into Kyuhyun's pants' pocket. 

Laughing and trying to move her hand away, Kyuhyun said "What are you trying to do?!!! You will and I will blame you for that!!" 

Still laughing, Sungmin said "Then, give me your wallet!!" and she tried to put her hand into his pocket again. 

Laughingly trying to move away an inch, in his car, Kyuhyun teasingly warned her "Min!! If I'm turn on, I gonna make love to you right here in this car, I swear!" 

And Kyuhyun unbuckled his seat belt and lurged forward towards her, teasing her that he is going to make love to her in his car, with Sungmin still laughing and trying to push him away...