Visit to the Sanctuary

Joy Sanctuary

As Sungmin still wanted to conduct the baking class, Kyuhyun fetched her early and drove her to the Sanctuary. Since the Lees would also be visiting the Sanctuary to discuss the wedding venue, Kyuhyun has given the address to them and told them to call him if they lost their way.

Sungmin taught the students to bake pumpkin pie, and the class session was so roudy because all the kids were very excited to learn to bake the pumpkin pie, and Ryeowook, who joined the class to learn too, has to multi-task to help the kids to divide the pumpkin among themselves.

Mrs Cho was happy to see that the baking class was successful and went back to her kitchen to continue preparing lunch for her guests. Kyuhyun went to help his mum too after ensuring that Sungmin was okay in the class. 

"Sungmin is such a talented girl, Kyu. I'm so happy that she will be part of our family" Mrs Cho was praising her soon to be daughter-in-law. 

Kyuhyun smile, but remembering what Sungmin told him, he said "I actually want her to stop work once she is pregnant, Omma, but she told me that she don't want to have kids so soon. She wants to continue working..." 

Mrs Cho smile at him "She's a career woman, Kyu. You cannot force her to do something that she didn't want. I know you will want to start a family soon and me too, I am looking forward to have grandchildren, but let nature takes it's course. Let it happen naturally. Once she knows that she is pregnant, she might change her mind. I know you have her best interest in your heart, but just go with the flow, let her decide for herself". 

"I know Omma, but you know her, once she works on something, she will forget to rest and even forget to eat. That was what happened previously, she fainted in that supermarket because of no food. That's why I don't want that to happen, especially if she's pregnant". 

"How about she helps you full time with your architectural work, since she loves this designing work? She can be with you and she still do what she enjoy doing". 

"I don't think she wants to leave Heechul-hyung's company..."

"Try asking her. If she left her current company and join you as your designer, it's a win-win situation, right? You can keep an eye on her, and give her less work when she's expecting, so that she can rest".

"Thanks, Omma, seems like a good plan. I'll take up your advice" Kyuhyun smile appreciatively at his mother. Yes, he agreed that it was a good plan, provided that he could persuade Sungmin to leave hyung's company.

"Kyu, I can finish up here, you go and see the new lobby? The workers had completed the work yesterday, and they are supposed to come back today to tidy up. You check if they have completed? At least the new lobby will not be messy and we can show Sungmin's family that she did the designing work! And, oh yes, ask your dad to help set the dining table" Mrs Cho instructed after looking at the wall clock. Kyuhyun said okay, and walked towards the new lobby after washing his hands. The Lees should be here soon and Mrs Cho needed to get everything done.

And the Lees arrived just when Mrs Cho had just changed to a more presentable attire. She gave them a warm welcome, and Kyuhyun happily ashured them in. He told them that Sungmin would be finishing her baking class soon, and he brought Mrs Lee to the class to show his mother-in-law how successful the baking class was.

Happy that her mother was there, Sungmin introduced her to the class and Ryeowook even let her try a piece of her pie and waited anxiously of what Mrs Lee think. When Mrs Lee showed a thumbs up, not only Ryeowook was clapping her hands, but the whole class too!!

After Mrs Lee and Sungmin rejoined back with the rest, Kyuhyun showed them around their new lobby, Sungmin's accident site, the library, the classrooms, their music room, the kids rooms, as well as their mini farm where the kids did their farming. The Lees were impressed that the sanctuary is self-sufficient even for home-grown vegetables, fruits and variety of herbs. 

"Hanna, how did you manage to take care of all these?!" Mrs Lee was so impressed!!

"I have all the help that I need!! I am so blessed! We are like one big happy family!!" Mrs Cho was smiling happily while walking back with Mrs Lee to their dining room in the left wing.

Their parents were walking ahead, talking and Kyuhyun and Sungmin were walking behind them. Noticing that Sungmin beginning to limp slightly, the concerned fiance quickly held her arm. "Are you okay?" Kyuhyun asked worriedly. 

"Just slight cramp, maybe I stand too long. I'm okay, don't worry Kyu". And then "Ufffff... Kyu I can walk!!" Sungmin said with surprised as Kyuhyun scooped her up in his arms. 

"No, you are not okay. I know you wouldn't limp if it's only a slight pain. It must be very painful making the stubborn you to start limping". 

"So now I'm stubborn" Sungmin . 

"Yes, you are. But I'm going to change that stubbornness of yours" 

"Like how, may I ask, my dear fiance...?" 

"Secret..." Kyuhyun looked ahead with a straight face. 

Sungmin started tickling him making him laughed, and their parents looked back and smile happily seeing them so happy together. 

"Kyu, seriously, put me down. I can walk..." 

"Nope, not until we reach the dining room. You need to rest your leg, so just relax and enjoy yourself in my arms" 

"I'm heavy..." Sungmin said, resting her head against Kyuhyun's shoulder and neck. 

"I can still carry you..." Kyuhyun gave her a quick peck on her forehead. He only put her down when they reached the dining room. He removed her shoes and put on a pair of room slippers. 

The parents were smiling happily seeing how caring Kyuhyun is towards Sungmin. Lunch was served and they have a great time chit-chatting about the sanctuary, the mini farm, and also the wedding date. 

"We'll show you the sanctuary main garden area on the right wing later. See if you are okay to hold the wedding banquet there" Mrs Cho told Mrs Lee happily. 

"I'm sure it is a beautiful place, Hanna. If Sungmin and you all are okay with it, we are okay too" Mrs Lee said. 

After lunch, Mrs Cho showed them their garden area, which was so pretty, with flower beds, shaddy  trees, and the Lees could also see a few apple trees. The land area was quite spacious, and with some decorations, it would be a really superb wedding venue. 

"Sungminnie, this place is so pretty!! You are okay to hold your wedding here, right?" Mrs Lee asked her daughter. They were happily admiring some roses and were standing a little distance from the rest. 

"Yes, Omma, I like it here!! Let's decide to hold my wedding here" Sungmin smile shyly. "It's breezy and the surrounding are so lovely. The sanctuary also have sufficient space for cars for our guests."

"Yes, and we just need to decorate a bit at the entrance to the garden. I'll discuss it with Hanna" Mrs Lee said happily. Sungmin smile and nodded, and they walked towards the apple tree. It has, started to bear fruits and Sungmin pointed at it excitedly. 

"The apples are sweet, by the way" suddenly Kyuhyun was next to them. "I'll let you try when it's ripe" he said, smiling. 

Mrs Lee clapped her hand and nodded. Kyuhyun led them to their verandah facing the garden. Ryeowook served them hibiscus tea, which was surprisingly good. 

"I want to hold our wedding on 6th of November, if it's okay with Omma, appa, ommonim and abunim. The weather should be just nice, not too cold and we should still have some flowers" Kyuhyun said, smiling politely, and reached out for Sungmin's hand, who was seated next to him. She smile prettily at him and nodded her head. 

"That's a good date!" Mr Lee agreed and turned to his wife, who was also nodding her head. "It's settle then, 6th November it is!" 

"We need to start looking for your wedding gown, Sungminnie!!" Mrs Lee said happily. "Do have any boutique in mind?" she looked at both Sungmin and Kyuhyun. 

"Yes, Omma, Kyu has a friend who owns a wedding boutique. She's a Chinese but she can speak Korean very well. We can set an appointment next Saturday?" Sungmin turned to look enquiringly at Kyuhyun. 

"I'll call Vic and get a slot" Kyuhyun nodded. "Min, can you design the wedding venue deco? The seats, the aisle, the dais, the entrance..." 

"I was already thinking of that just now when Omma was telling me about the decorations. Ok, I'll do up the design" Sungmin smile happily.

They continued discussing about the wedding preparations and the Lees only bid their goodbyes 2 hours later. They brought home hibiscus tea leaves, some pumpkin from the mini farm, some herbs and some roses! Sungmin went back with her parents, making Kyuhyun missed her after she left. How he wished that he could marry her now, so that she is always with him.

"Aishhh, what's wrong with me? I should give her some space and some time with her family" Kyuhyun shook his head, annoyed with himself. He went to little office to look through the sanctuary financials and to clear his emails.

He got a text from Sungmin, and grinning like an idiot, he replied back with lots of hearts emoticons. Sungmin has texted "I miss you". Touching his heart, he said to himself, "I missed you too, Min, so much. Can't wait for our wedding".