The meeting at Joy Sanctuary

Joy Sanctuary

"Minnie! Are you ready?" Heechul shouted from the door of his room.

"In a minute, boss" Sungmin stood up to get ready, and arranged all the designs in her carrier bag.

"Good luck!!" Donghae said softly and gave his thumbs up from his desk. 

"Thanks Hae! In case I didn't come back in one piece, can you call Sungjin to pick up my pieces" 

"Eeeks that's gross... Haha.. Mr Cho is not that bad... hope you get to meet him this time" 

"Thanks Hae!" Sungmin patted his shoulder as she passed by behind him. 

"Come let's go" Heechul said while offering to carry her designs.

While driving to the sanctuary, Heechul told her that Mr Cho's mother invited them to stay for dinner at the sanctuary but Heechul already has an appointment, so he said "You stay for dinner ok, not so nice if both of us turned down her invitation".

"Oh shucks! Stay alone for dinner??!!!" Sungmin thought to herself, but said instead "Ahhh, ok, I'll stay for dinner. I will call a cab to go home from there". 

"Mr Cho can drive you back. He told me he's driving back to his city apartment". 

"Ohhh no no, I can go back myself. I wouldn't want to trouble him".

"Minnie, he's a nice guy. He's strict in work matters because his standards are high, but he's really ok as a person".

"That's what Donghae said too" 

"He really is. Anyway, he said he'll be late as he just arrived back from his business trip. So one of his staff will show us the classroom so that you can visualise the whiteboard and the projector position". 

"Alright" and Sungmin was thankful that Mr Cho would be late, at least she could calm her nervousness. 

Mrs Cho welcome them once Heechul has parked his car. Sungmin bowed to her and followed her boss to the conference room. They were introduced to one of the teaching staff, Ms Kim Ryeowook, and Ms Kim showed them where the new lobby and classrooms were and explained that the tables and chairs would be delivered the following week. Sungmin thanked her and proceeded to take some measurements so that she could confirmed again that her designed were accurate. 

Heechul told her that he would be waiting in the conference room and after Sungmin has taken all the measurements, to join him there. Sungmin quickly finished up whatever she needed to do so that she could join her boss in the discussion with Mr Cho, whom she heard has just arrived. She felt nervous and walked back to the conference room, all the while praying hard that she didn't get any scoldings from the owner. She heard some voices when she reached the conference room door. 

"Hyung, so sorry I was late. One of the passenger got his cabin luggage mixed up and he was making a lot of fuss. We only managed to leave the plane when the other owner realised the mistake and return him the luggage" 

"Wow, I think if it's me, I would straightaway recognised my luggage coz got Heebum name on it. Hahaha" 

"You and your cat!! How is she by the way?" 

"Naughty and demanding a lot of my attention the minute I'm back!" 

"Hahaha, cats are adorable!!" Kyuhyun said, but then he received a call, so he excused himself for a moment, just when Sungmin walked in. 

Heechul waved at her and asked her to sit next to him. Mr Cho has his back facing Sungmin as he was talking on the phone. His voice sound somewhat familiar, though, which was strange, as Sungmin never has the chance to talk to him before. 

"Sorry, hyung, my supplier...." and he stopped mid-air when he saw Sungmin "Min??" he asked, surprised. 

Sungmin was about to sit when he saw Kyuhyun turning around and apologising to her boss. She stammered "Ky..Kyuhyun?"

Heechul looked at Kyuhyun and then at Sungmin. 

"Min, what are you doing here??" then, as though realising the situation, he looked at her with disbelief "Wait, you are Ms Lee Sungmin???" 

"Yes, I am. Mr KH Cho. KH, Kyuhyun. I.. I'm sorry for my manners, sir.  I'm Lee Sungmin" Sungmin was dumbstruck as Kyuhyun was all along Mr KH Cho! The architect and the owner. No wonder he was at the exhibition, and no wonder he was with the kids... "

"Min, oh my god, Sungmin, you don't have to say 'sir' to me. So I was the one who caused you to missed your dinner! And I was the one who caused you to faint?!!! I'm so sorry" Kyuhyun walked over to Sungmin and sat next to her. "Forgive me, I shouldn't have demanded the designs to be changed as soon as possible" Kyuhyun held her hand as a form of apologising. 

"Mr Cho, you are not in the wrong. I was too engrossed and I forgot to eat something" 

"Please call me the normal way you call me. Just Kyuhyun" 

"Mr Cho... this is work, I can't call you that" 

"Why not..?" Kyuhyun asked.. 

Heechul thought enough was enough "Wait wait wait, you two knew each other? I mean, outside work, and you two have no idea who you really are to each other??" 

"It's a long story hyung. And yes, I didn't know she is Ms Lee Sungmin, and apparently Sungmin didn't know who I am too. We have bumped into each other a few times and even went to watch a movie together and we are supposed to go for dinner tomorrow" Kyuhyun chuckled. He was feeling very overwhelmed but on a happy side, because Min is here. He got to see her a day earlier! 

"I see. So Minnie, now that you know Kyuhyun, there's no reason to be scared anymore!" 

"You are scared of me?" Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin. 

Sungmin looked down, feeling embarrassed. Never in her life she thought that the person she has begin to like was actually the person she scared the most! 

Kyuhyun felt guilty and never intended to hurt someone that he has beginning to like. "Min, I'm sorry if I was too demanding, but it's just my working style. I am not an unreasonable person. I'm actually happy that you are Lee Sungmin, that will make us easier to work together". 

"You are forgiven, though you didn't do anything wrong" Sungmin smile sincerely at him. "Anyway Mr Cho, let's get on with the meeting. Mr Kim need to go off soon as he has another appointment". 

"Hyung, you are not staying for dinner?" Kyuhyun turned to Heechul. 

"I can't, I'm sorry KimKyu. I have to attend my sister's baby shower. But Minnie will stay for dinner" Heechul smile at Sungmin. Now he felt better to leave her alone as Kyuhyun seemed to like her. 

"Ok then, let's start the meeting" Kyuhyun got up and started walking to his chair. His hand lingered at Sungmin's shoulder for a brief moment and then he started talking again "I just want to finalise everything, so that we can start with the renovation of the new lobby and purchase of the equipment for the classrooms". 

All the while when Kyuhyun was talking, Sungmin tried to concentrate, but Kyuhyun kept glancing at her, making her more self-conscious. She forced herself to put her mind to the work, and finally able to look at him as an architect. And she was thankful that Kyuhyun was very professional when it comes to work matters. 

Sungmin showed him the finalised designed and when she stood next to him, she could smell the familiarity of his cologne, his fingers and his smile. 

Kyuhyun arranged all the designs on his table, to go through them, with Sungmin next to him pointing the changes in the position and explaining to him what changes she has made. Heechul watched them from his chair, and thought to himself that they actually made a perfect couple. And this was the first time that he saw Kyuhyun talking in a casual manner about his work. He was glad that they have actually knew each other. He hope that this would made Sungmin to have an easier working relationship with him, and maybe Kyuhyun would chose his firm for more projects! 

After Kyuhyun has finalised everything, Heechul excused himself to made his move. 

"Kim Kyu, can you give Sungmin a lift home later? She didn't drive today" Heechul said. 

"No need, I can call a cab" Sungmin said so as not to made Kyuhyun felt obligated to send her back. 

"I'll send you. I'm going back to my apartment anyways" Kyuhyun was happy that he would have more time with Sungmin. 

"Anyways, I go off first. See you on Monday, Minnie. Enjoy the dinner" Heechul winked at her. 

"See you boss. Drive safely" Sungmin gave him a small wave. 

"Min, you can leave your things here, let's go to the dining room". 

"Yes, Mr Cho" Sungmin took her phone out from her handbag and left the rest on the conference room table. 

"Why are still calling me Mr Cho?" 

"Sir, you are our client"

"So, now is not your working hours"

Sungmin was quiet. She silently walked next to Kyuhyun with her head down. 

"Min, I want things between us to improve, not to deteriorate just because you found out who I am" 

"But I.... I can't take advantage of us knowing each other into my work. You have your standards and I respect that, and I will try my best to match your standards" 

"And what's wrong with us knowing each other outside work? Isn't it better? I can discuss with you casually and you can put across your ideas whenever you deem fit. Anyway, maybe we can talk about this later, ok. We eat first. I'm starving". 

"You didn't eat while onboard?" 

"I did but I threw half of it. It was too dry, or maybe the air stewardess wasn't pretty, I got no appetite" Kyuhyun said while keeping a straight face. Sungmin burst out laughing, and Kyuhyun joined in, happy that he finally could break the ice. 

Kyuhyun continued "Finally, I see you laugh!!" he smile at Sungmin "Ok here we are. Omma?" he called his mum. 

"Here, Kyu. Come on in" Mrs Cho called out. 

"Hi Mrs Cho" Sungmin bowed politely. 

"Ms Sungmin!!! So glad that you could join our dinner!! So you finally meet my son" 

"Omma, she's the one that fainted in the supermarket and I help to carry her to the admin room" Kyuhyun said while gesturing for Sungmin to sit. 

"Oh really?!!!!! I think this is all fated" Mrs Cho was smiling at Sungmin. 

"Fated for what?" Kyuhyun asked his mother, with a confused expression. 

"It's fated that both of you meet outside your work. Had you meet during work, I think things will be different" 

"Omma, don't think too much, let's eat. Min, don't be shy, just eat" 

While eating, Sungmin asked about the kids, the school and what they were learning. Ryeowook was there too and she was telling them about the survey that they did about what they want to learn, and some of them wrote baking. But sadly they couldn't find anyone to teach them basic baking. 

"I can teach them, I love baking. But it has to be on Saturday mornings. That's when I am usually free" Sungmin said, smiling. 

Everyone was surprised!! Especially Kyuhyun! "You bake?" 

"Yes, I love baking! Maybe I bake something for you and bring it tomorrow when we meet for dinner" Sungmin said, then she closed . She shouldn't have say it. 

"You have a dinner date tomorrow??" Mrs Cho face clearly said it all. She thanked God who answered her prayers that Kyuhyun would meet somebody that he like, and she couldn't be happier that the person is Sungmin. 

"Omma, we are just meeting for dinner" Kyuhyun looked at Sungmin and silently said "why did you tell her?!!" and Sungmin grimace and mouthed her apologies. 

"Anyway, Ms Sungmin, are you serious about offering to teach the kids basic baking? The kids are slow, so it might be hard to teach them some skills" Ryeowook said honestly. 

"I'm serious! I love to meet the kids and teach them, if you let me, that is"

"Min, I am so thankful that you wanted to teach them. And you have to drive here every Saturday morning. Are you sure about this?" Kyuhyun asked. 

"Yes, Kyu, I'm sure. I can start next Saturday if you want" Sungmin said and Kyuhyun smile because Sungmin called him "Kyu". 

"I think we start the baking class next month. Shall we Wook?" Kyuhyun said and Ryeowook nodded, and Kyuhyun continued "we need to do a timetable, do some planning on what Sungmin can teach, buy the ingredients, and prepare the utensils. Wook, you can help? Get Shindong to help you" 

"Sure, I will do up the time table. Ms Sungmin, maybe you give me your number, so that I can call you sometime next week to ask you which recipes you would like to teach, so that we can get the ingredients ready". 

"Sure, Ms Ryeowook. I'm so happy that I could help!!" 

Later on the way home in Kyuhyun's car, he said "Thank you, Min, for agreeing to teach the baking class. We need to discuss how much to pay you" 

"Hmm? Pay me? I'm volunteering, you all don't have to pay me" 

"No, but we are taking up your time" 

"It's ok, I am free on Saturday mornings"

"I pick you up then" 

"I have a car, I can drive to the sanctuary". 

"Ok tell you what. If I am driving back from my city apartment on Saturday mornings, I will pick you up. If I am not, then you drive there. Sounds good?" 

"Hmm....okayyyy" 

"Great! Now about tomorrow..." 

"Oh yes, since I am baking for you, might as well I cook for our dinner. Do you mind coming over to my apartment instead of us dining outside?" 

Kyuhyun thought he heard it wrong. Of course he would be thrill to come over to her apartment. And eating her cooked food!

"I'll be glad to! You stayed alone?" 

"Yeah coz my family home is quite a distance from Seoul, it's Ilsan, so I rented this apartment here, which is nearer to office. It's not big, but cosy to me". 

"Ok, I will bring wine" 

"Wow, ok!"

"Alright, we are set" Kyuhyun smile happily, and continued "Ok, this building? Turn here?" 

"Yes, this one on the left. When you park tomorrow, you just need to go down to the basement car park. I will text you my unit number. Thank you, Kyu, for your mum's wonderful dinner and the ride home". 

Kyuhyun smile and without thinking, he reached over and kissed her. Sungmin was surprised beyond words!