Movie date

Joy Sanctuary

Sungmin rushed through her last bit of design and sent them to Heechul to look through first. She was asked to change all chalkboard to white board, which impacted all classrooms' layout position of the board because white board is shorter, and she has catered for a projector hanging from the ceiling. She has to take note of the rewiring from the switch to the projector and the position of the projector to point towards the whiteboard, since Mr KH Cho did not specify any projector screen. 

Heechul told her the designs were ok, and that he would forward to the architect. Sungmin then looked at her watch was alarmed that she only have an hour to pack up, freshen up, and took a metro to meet Kyuhyun at the cinema. She had decided not to drive today as she wasn't familiar with the cinema area. 

After she has came out from the ladies room, she heard a whistle from the cubicle next to her. 

"Woohoo, so pretty, you got a date Minnie Min??" 

"Not a date, Hae, just meet up with someone to watch a movie" 

"Boy or girl?" 

"A guy" 

"Ahaaa! I knew it, must be that hunk who carried you to the supermarket office!!" 

"Hae, mind your own business! And I'm late!" she showed her tongue to Donghae while shutting down her laptop. 

"But your business is my business and I'm your personal consultant!" 

"Shut up or I call Hyukjae to say that you are disturbing another girl"

"What other girl?? Don't tell him nonsense!" 

"Me. You are disturbing me" 

Donghae took his magazine and playfully hit Sungmin. Sungmin dodged away and ran while waving goodbye at him. 

Kyuhyun was replying Heechul's message after analysing the designs. He was satisfied with the design and replied Heechul that he was ok with everything and no further changes at the moment. When he clicked sent, Sungmin walked up to him. 

"Hello, Kyuhyun-ssi. Sorry that I am late" 

"Hello. It's still early, don't worry. I got the tickets!!" Kyuhyun showed Sungmin two tickets. 

"Ohh, let me pay you" 

"Nonsense, I asked you to watch with me, so it's on me" Kyuhyun smile. 

'So handsome' Sungmin thought. 'how come I didn't see how gorgeous he is all these while'. She said "Ohh, thank you, Kyuhyun-ssi". 

"Let's drop the formalities, shall we? So, just call me Kyuhyun" 

"Ok, so just call me Minnie, or Min" 

"Great! Want to get some snacks? I don't want you to faint on me" Kyuhyun chuckled. 

"I'm really sorry for what happened at the supermarket. I didn't eat the whole day and the supermarket was the nearest to my office since I wasn't driving on that day". 

"Relax, I was just joking. Come, let's grab something" Kyuhyun pointed at the cafe bar near the theatre. The movie would start in another half an hour's time, so they have enough time to have a quick snack. 

"Let me order for you, what would you like to have?" Sungmin volunteered so that she could pay for them. 

"Min, there's a vacant seat over there, we can sit there and I will place our order" Kyuhyun said instead, and Sungmin noticed that he called her 'Min'. 

"No, let me pay" 

"It's okay, don't worry about it. What's your order?" 

"Mmmm, Caramel machiato and apple crumble" 

"OK, be right back!" and he went off to the cashier to place their orders. 

'Even his back is gorgeous' Sungmin thought and chuckled because she was behaving like a school girl. 

"What's so funny?" Suddenly Kyuhyun was sitting down opposite her. 

"Nothing. I was just recalling my fainting incident. So silly of me not to eat anything on that day" 

Their orders came and Kyuhyun asked her "Busy with work that you didn't had time to grab something?" 

"Yes, my boss wanted me to amend something urgent so I had to work through lunch to finish it. By the time I sent to him, it was already night!"  Sungmin started eating her apple crumble "Mmmmmmm, this apple crumble is sooooo good!!!!" 

"Really? Can I try some?" Kyuhyun just put his spoon there and cut a bit! Sungmin hide her surprise as it was too impromptu and she has no time to react. It seemed like Kyuhyun regarded them as close friends, and that Kyuhyun felt at ease with her. "Mmm, yup, it's really nice! Come, try mine, it's nice too" he took her spoon, cut his chocolate mousse, and put it near her lips. 

She reached out to hold her spoon, but Kyuhyun prompted her to open , and fed her as soon as it was opened! "Hmm not bad! It's creamy and soft yet I can still taste the cake. This cafe is really not bad!" 

"Yup, even their coffees are nice. We should come here again, or I will  googled to check where are their other outlets".

Sungmin noted that Kyuhyun mentioned that 'we should come here again', did he mean that they should meet again? She suddenly felt giddy inside. This seemed like  a good beginning of a relationship.... errr 'friendship'. Maybe that was what Kyuhyun regarded her as, just friends. 

"Finish your machiato, then we can go in. You were right, I read the reviews of this movie 'Downsizing', and most of the reviews were good, and yes, it's a comedy and science fiction kind of movie. I'm looking forward to watch it" Kyuhyun said excitedly, and praised himself for omitting the word 'with you'. Somehow, he felt at ease with Sungmin. Something that he didn't feel it when he went out with other girls. But well, he only went out with Seohyun and Irene, and both were arranged by his mother. 

"Let's go in then. It should be starting soon" Sungmin finished up her drink and took her bag and stood up. They walked to the cinema entrance and gave their tickets. However, the hall's lights have been switched off as it has started showing shots for some new movies. Sungmin stumbled and automatically, Kyuhyun reached out for her. He then found her hand and held it, and pulled her along to find their seats. 

Sungmin's heartbeat was beating erratically because Kyuhyun was holding her hand. When they reached their seats, he gestured for her to sit at the innermost seat, so Sungmin has to squeeze through Kyuhyun's front, and all these while, Kyuhyun was still holding her hand. Luckily the hall was dark, else Kyuhyun could definitely see how red her face was!!! She was blushing to the max! 

Actually Kyuhyun himself didn't expect to hold her hand, but when Sungmin stumbled, his hands automatically found hers. He didn't even know why his hand didn't want to let go of her hand (they were not listening to him at all), and he only managed to finally convinced his hand to let go of Sungmin's hand when she had seated down. 

The movie was excellent! The gist of the story was, when scientists discover how to shrink humans to five inches tall as a solution to overpopulation, Paul (Matt Damon) and his wife Audrey (Kristen Wiig) decide to abandon their stressed lives in order to get small and move to a new downsized community — a choice that triggers many funny life-changing adventures. 

"Great movie, but I think it fail to deliver the ideas and benefits of downsizing" Kyuhyun said at the end of the movie and getting up. 

"Well, to a certain extend, yes it fail, but it teaches him to be human, and to help the needy. Sad that he ended up as divorcee though" Sungmin was talking while trying to walk down with the cinema goers. 

Kyuhyun reached for her hand again and pulled her gently to his side. Not letting go of her hand, he guide her through the exit door and out to the cinema lobby. 

"Kyuhyun, I go to the ladies room for a while?" Sungmin told him. 

"Sure, I see you back here? I go to the gents too" 

They splitted up for a while and walked towards the rest rooms. Kyuhyun hands felt burning because he held Sungmin hands longer this time. And he loved it. Her hands are so soft!! 

As he was walking back to the lobby, he got a message from Heechul to set up a meeting to finalise all designs. Kyuhyun replied that they can meet up at the sanctuary itself, on the following Friday, as he would be going for a business trip from Monday to Thursday. 

Heechul agreed and mentioned that Lee Sungmin, the designer, would be there too. Kyuhyun noted and confirmed the time to be 3pm, and asked Heechul to bring all the designs along. 

"Ok hyung, see you next Friday!" Kyuhyun sent the message and off his phone just as Sungmin approached him. Sungmin got a text message and when she check her phone, it was from her boss. 

Heechul texted mentioned "Sungmin, I've arranged for a meeting with Mr Cho to finalise all the designs next Friday 3pm. So you come with me and bring all the designs".

Sungmin replied back "Noted, thank you, boss". Then she turned to Kyuhyun "Sorry Kyuhyun, long queue in the ladies room". 

"No problem. I send you home? My car is at the basement". 

"It's alright, I can take the metro". 

"I send you. This way" Kyuhyun gestured to the lift. Sungmin didn't want to trouble him too much, and she didn't want Kyuhyun to feel obligated to send her home. "It's ok, I don't bite" Kyuhyun said jokingly and reached for her hand and gently pulled her along. 

"Thank you, Kyu. You paid for the tickets, drinks and snacks. An now you are sending me home" 

"Why can't I do that?" 

"It's just that, it feels like a date" 
Sungmin said shyly. 

Kyuhyun smile. "I don't know myself actually, I just like spending time with you. I hope you are okay with it". 

"I'm ok but in case you have a girlfriend, she might get jealous" 

"I don't have one" 

"Seriously? A gorgeous guy like you..." 

"I'm too busy to find time to date, except now, that is, with you. I don't know why with you, I can find time and really enjoy your company" 

Kyuhyun pointed his car remote at his car and it started lighting up. His car was Audi RS7 in metallic blue. "Wow! Nice car" Sungmin said. 

"Thank you" Kyuhyun opened up the passenger door to let Sungmin get in, he himself got in and started  his car engine. The interior of the car was so luxurious, the leather so soft and everything operates by touch of buttons, like auto-adjusting his seat position, seat height, all mirrors, and even the radio. "I like comfortable car because I spend most of my time in here, running from city to suburb, from meetings to hotels and from hotels to airports".

"Ohh you travel too?" 

"Yes, in fact I'll be away for business trip from Monday to Thursday. Want to have dinner with me on Saturday night?" Kyuhyun glanced at Sungmin while driving. 

Sungmin looked at him, surprised. Did she heard it right? 

"You are inviting me for dinner? Like a date?" 

"Hmmhmmm" 

"Aren't you tired after your business trip?" 

"Nahhh, I'm used to it. So I pick you up at 6pm next Saturday?"

"Are you sure you still want to see me?" 

"Why not? I enjoy your company. And I'm really looking forward to it!" 

"Alright then, we have dinner next Saturday" 

"Perfect!!" Kyuhyun smile. He is already looking forward to their dinner date. 

But unknown to them, they are actually meeting on Friday, at Joy Sanctuary!