✓ Chapter 9

Forced Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

He wore a random shirt and pants and rushed to his grandfather’s room where he saw his father and his aunt crying on the bed where his grandpa laid. He looked pale and cold. Jeongyeon was standing near the bed with his father next to him trying to comfort his distressed wife.

“How did it happen?” he asked with confused eyes.

“I wanted to wake him up for the breakfast but he didn’t wake up” his aunt replied as she sobbed more.

Mina held his hand tightly as she did follow him.

“Chaeyoung let’s prepare for the funeral” said Jeongyeon coldly.

The two young men left the room and did their calls. They took him to the funeral hall where people visited him.

Jeongyeon’s mom was in a bad condition. His death broke her as she was so close to him. While Chaeyoung was in a state of shock, all he did just bow and look down without shedding one tear. Mina too was tired, she's pregnant after all so she decided to stay at home.

Night came and she couldn’t sleep as she kept thinking about Chaeyoung's condition. But in the end tiredness ate her and she drifted to a deep sleep.

Next day – Midnight – burial day.

 After a day full of tears and condolences’. Chaeyoung came and sat on the bed with heavy shoulders and tired face.

“We’ve buried him” he said and she caressed his back “He left without warning”

“It’s okay to cry Chaeyoung-ah, Gwaenchana... just cry, it'll make you feel better. You know you have me to lean on. Huh?”

Her words were enough for him to break into tears. She took him into her embrace, hugging him with all her will while caressing his back and hair. Making sure to make him feel her presence and that he's loved and there's someone beside him.

After crying for few minutes she cupped his face and he looked at her with his watery and swollen eyes. She rubbed her nose on his and wiped his tears “Don't pretend to be strong in front of me, the weakest you show the most I realize that you love me. So do I..”

He sniffed and caressed her head “Thank you” he looked over her shoulder and found a wet stain on it “Oh, I cried that much?”

She laughed and nodded “Are you hungry?”

He shook his head “I want to take a shower and rest”

“Nae”

She kissed his cheek and the two slept peacefully after he washed up.

The Next Day

The whole family was gathered in the meeting room in the mansion.

Mina was shocked. He owned many apartments and grounds that were equally divided to his two children and his grandchildren until the lawyer started to read the part about the company and the management of the company.

The lawyer drank a big gulp of water and fixed his glasses.

“For our company” he cleared his throat “Son Jay will be the chief operating officer Charged with managing the corporation's day-to-day affairs.
Yoo Jeongyeon will be the chief financial officer responsible for almost all of the corporation's financial matters, while” he paused and looked at their faces “Son Chaeyoung will be the chief executive officer or President. He has ultimate responsibility for the corporation's activities and signs off on contracts and other legally-binding action on behalf of the corporation.
In the end, I will like to know that you didn’t change any clause because I decided this after a long time.”

He folded the paper and chaeyoung let out a sigh he didn’t know that he wasn’t breathing for the last few seconds until jeongyeon protested.

“THIS IS BULL!” he yelled “HOW COME HE BECAME A CEO? I AM OLDER AND I HAVE MORE EXPERIENCE”

Like jeongyeon was replaced by another one, his stares and voice tone changed to a mean emotionless one.

“I have 25% of the stocks while he has 50% why? Is it because I am under Yoo family?” he asked but none was able to reply “I won’t accept this bull!”

“YA!” chaeyoung yelled “let’s talk!” he said getting up to the door.

“You already reincarnate the CEO role?” Jeongyeon scoffed while getting up.

“WHAT’S WRONG WITH YOU?” Chaeyoung said pushing Jeongyeon lightly to the wall.

“I am sick of this Son Chaeyoung! Even after his death, he is ruining everything for me! He never liked me, he sent momo to somewhere I don’t know and now THIS!”

“He l

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter