✓ Chapter 12

Forced Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two seasons passed…

Summer and autumn felt like winter to Mina and Chaeyoung while Jeongyeon was still laying on his bed peacefully with no progress nor withdraw.

The sign light was ticking while Chaeyoung was talking on the phone.

“Yes I will sign it tomorrow” he said… All he does was work. He chose work over home. The home didnt feel like HOME when there's no Mina waiting for him.

He parked the car under Mina’s house. It was almost eight and the weather was becoming cold every day.

He pressed the doorbell button and waited for a while before her mom opened the door for him with a poker face.

“Again?” she asked raising her eyebrow. As much Mina pushed him away and refused to see him, he insist and forced her to talk to him once or twice a week. He would keep visiting her even if the whole time, he just stared at her and she just kept ignoring him like noone was there.

“Where is she?” he said stepping in.

“In her room” her mom replied without even looking at him as she headed to the living room to continue her knitting.

He walked with heavy steps to her room on the left and knocked on the door before entering just to see her sitting on the bed hugging her legs with her back resting on the wall she was watching a random show on her laptop then Chaeyoung closed it and sat in front of her. He's just sure she didnt really watch it, she just stared blankly pretend to watch.

“Today I bought you this” he reached into the inside pocket of his jacket and took out a galaxy chocolate bar “You love it don’t you?”

The stare she was giving him made him lose the excitement he had. She again her laptop and continued to pretend watching it.

His sight went to the trash can beside her bed as he noticed three beer bottles with one empty whiskey bottle.

“Still drinking?” he asked in disbelief.

“....” As always. He was being ignored.

“Today is the first day in winter. Please dress warmly” he smiled at her.

She started to smiked and smiled sadly. “I've always wondered if you do have a heart.”

“Hmmm??” He frowned and looked at her.

“Dongwoo always crossed inside my dream.” she said “I don’t know if I have more tears left in my eyes because I cry every single day”

He gritted his teeth and frowned.

“From the start, you didnt want him rite? That's why he left. You dont deserve to be his father.”

"Mina-ahh.. We promised back then not to talked about it.."

"But it's true rite. You finally get rid of him.."

He gulped and bit the inside of his lips “I need to go”. He didnt want to hurt anyone. He stood up and walked to the door but he stopped before he leaves her room “And tell your lawyer that I won’t give you the divorce so he can stop calling me or try to visit me because I won’t give up on you easily just like that” he closed the door and greeted her mother before he headed to his car where he drove off to one certain place.

Yes it was late.

Yes it was dark.

Yes it was cold.

He went to the forest where they found Dongwoo’s overall.

There were some dead flowers placed by him, he sat and rested his back on the tree behind him “Today you are ten months old” he sniffed “I wonder if you can walk now” he laughed, just imagining him walking makes his heart flutter and feel alive.

“Do I really don’t deserve to be your father? Your mother is rite.. I was never a good father.”

His shoulders shook and he rubbed his hands together because of a cold breeze that hit his skin. He looked up at the cloudy dark sky

“Dongwoo-yaaa where are you? Appa misses you a lot” he tried to yell but his voice couldn’t come out as he wished and he sobbed silently.

 

 

 

Morning

An unfamiliar car parked in front of a wooden house on a cold mountain that’s so far from Seoul and almost every city in Korea.

Out of it came out a guy wearing black turtleneck sweater with a coat, he was holding plastics bags with many vegetables and canned food and other ingredients in it, he unlocked the door and stepped in.

“I am back” said Jinwoo as he placed them on the kitchen’s table and headed to the living room where Momo was sitting on the couch watching TV.

“I wish you didn’t” she said in a low voice while rolling her eyes “I bought you your favorite bread” he said and headed to the bathroom to wash his hands. She on the other side was able to see him from her place.

<
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter