✓ Chapter 13

Forced Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chaeyoung woke up with a strong headache he rubbed his head and frowned when he saw the girl next to him.

'Damn!!!!'

He didn’t wait for her to wake up. All he did was get up, wear his clothes and leave money on the table. And headed out of the motel when he noticed more than five missed calls from his mother in law.

He called her again and sat in his car “Yes mom?”

“Chaeyoung” she cried and he panicked “Mina is missing”

“WHAT?” he yelled as he revved up the engine and drifted to her house.

 

His mind was filled with the darkest ideas… Guess that God is punishing him for all the things he did in the last few year.

“I woke up and didn’t find her in her room, even her phone is still here” her mom said in panic and Chaeyoung caressed her back to comfort her.

“I will call the police don’t worry I will find her”

“You?” her mom chuckled “You couldn’t find your son”

He gritted his teeth and looked away trying not to say anything to not hurt the old woman.

“If something happened to my daughter I will kill you with my own hands son chaeyoung”

“I will go now” he said lowly and headed out of the apartment.

 

He walked around and tried to think about mina’s favorite places.

Her father’s grave?

She wasn’t there.

The coffee shop she used to work at?

She wasn’t there.

Their favorite restaurant?

She wasn’t there…

 

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN YOU WON’T SEARCH FOR HER?” Chaeyoung yelled at the officer.

“Sir, we need to wait twenty-four hours to consider her as missing. She is an adult”

“SHE IS DEPRESSED!”

“I'm so sorry about that. You are the husband anyway, why did you leave her alone then??”

Chaeyoung clenched his fist and tried to calm himself to not punch the officer and go into another trouble.

'Again... I'm a useless husband'

He left the police station and drove back to her house.

Thanks to the red traffic light Chaeyoung stopped driving, looked away and saw her sitting on a bench in a park, despite the cold weather she was wearing a long-sleeved t-shirt and pants. Her hair was brushed nicely and straight, she was sitting alone and staring at the playground with the few kids playing and jumping around.

 

“I found her” said Chaeyoung through the phone while talking to her mother.

He parked the car and walked to her, without hesitation he took off his coat and placed it on her shoulder while he placed his suit’s jacket on her legs and sat beside her.

“He is ten months old now” she spoke without staring at him.

“I know”

“You know?”

He nodded “Of course, he is my son anyway. I do count days like you do.”

“What did we do to deserve this??”

“I don’t know, I don’t know” he sighed.

“We got drunk and I got pregnant, you were forced to marry me, I was stupid and loss then I agreed to marry you. Things got better when I thought you won't change at all. God did listen to my prayer about changing you. The new hero came to my life but he left easily just like that.....” She smirked yet sobbed.

“And I am sorry about all of those things” he cried while looking at her “I am tired Mina-ya”

“There're days when I thought about killing myself and find Dongwoo up there. I've never been a good mother. I was a bad mother so God don't let me raise Dongwoo.” she sobbed and lowered her head. He held the back of her head softly and pulled her to him and gave her the warmest and tightest hug.

“No... You are not.. You are the best mother and the best wife of mine. and I will always love you” he whispered causing her to cry even more into his embrace.

He closed his eyes and enjoy her hug that he missed. The guilty hits like .

'I'm so sorry Mina... I'm so sorry. What should I do?'

 

Few days passed…

Mina decided to move back to the mansion as she started to forgive herself and Chaeyoung. Today he had an interview on a TV talk show. He wore his nicest suit and headed to the TV station.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter