✓ Chapter 11

Forced Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

After they found Dongwoo’s outfit, the police accompanied Mina and Chaeyoung back to the beach house as Mina kept holding his yellow shirt which's covered with blood's stain.

“What did he exactly said to you?” the policeman asked Chaeyoung who stared blankly at wherever his sight landed on.

“Hm?” His blank mind's disturbed.

The policeman sighed “We need your healthy mind for our next investigation.” he comforted.

“He asked me to give up on my post” he paused, “I asked him if he wants money instead or just give me time but he didn’t” he rubbed his face up and down.

“So.. You chose your post over Dongwoo..” said Mina as she smiled sadly.

“No I didn’t!” he yelled a bit, “I asked him to give me time. But they didn't, they did plan to kill Dongwoo from the beginning!!”

“And It’s all because of you!” she yelled back and her eyes started to get teary while hugging the bloody shirt then the policeman came and took it from her.

“DON’T!” She finally broke down again and yelled at the policeman.

“Ma’am we need to do a DNA test as this might be someone else’s blood”

Chaeyoung came and took it from her “Please leave us for a while.”

The policeman bowed and left them alone, the house was now empty with only Mina and Chaeyoung sitting next to each other’s staring at Dongwoo’s toys and stuff when Chaeyoung’s phone rang.

He cleared his throat and answered the phone call coming from his aunt.

“Hello”

All he heard was crying.

“Aunty? Are you okay?”

“Chaeyoung-ah Jeongyeon is at the hospital”

“What? Why?”

Like a storm taking everything… Troubles came and Chaeyoung felt so heavy.

“He was stabbed and now he is under surgery, I'm afraid he can't make it” She took a deep breath and remembered that Dongwoo was missing “What happened to Dongwoo? Did you find him yet?”

He stared at Mina who was sitting beside him “Not yet” he lied “We will go back to Seoul soon”

“I am not going anywhere!” Mina spoke softly but loud enough for him to hear, it's just somehow made Chaeyoung feared up. Chaeyoung put off the phone worried about EVERYTHING.

“Jeongyeon is in the hospital and staying here is just a waste of time” Chaeyoung spoke up.

“Waste of time? Searching for you son is waste of time?” she screamed and ended the sentence with tears again.

“Mina, please understand me. They need me in Seoul.” He begged.

“Go I will stay here”

“Noo... I can't leave you alone here”

“But you leave Dongwoo!”

He closed his eyes and frowned but Mina got up and wore her shoes “I will search for him myself. Go and leave for your Seoul.”

“Minaa... Don't do this.. Where are you going??"

“He is here. I'm sure he is here and I will never leave him alone.” She said softly and sadly.

He grabbed her arm and pulled her to him but she fought back, she fought back until she lost it and collapsed on the floor. She was so angry, angry at herself for being useless. She then broke down once again, She cried, sobbing hard.

He kneeled to her and hugged her as tight as he could, he lost for words. Words couldn’t come out of his mouth all he could do just stared at her and tears started to fall down. He kept patting her back. Hours passed as Mina finally calmed down and He let Mina rest and sleep on the couch. The sun was ready to greet them as the sky started getting lighter as minutes kept passing. He looked at Mina and kissed her forehead. Deep inside his heart he begged for forgiveness and prayed hard to God that Dongwoo for being alive and healthy out there.

========

Morning

After being convinced that staying here's useless especially after the police officer told them that they were still searching and the DNA test result will at least take a week so with heavy heart especially Mina, the two left to Seoul with a long and a silent ride.

"I shouldn't agree on the Holiday"

"Mina-ahh...."

"It's me... I shouldn't..." She stared blankly from the window.

He just held her hand trying to calm her but Mina didn't let him. She asked him to let go of his hand. The ride continued back to silent.

He dropped her off at the mansion where

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter