✓ Chapter 2

Forced Marriage
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Do you have a job, dear?” asked Taejun to break the silences in the car with a soft voice that Momo from the passenger seat swore she didn’t hear it before.

“Yes I do sir, and I work as a waitress in a restaurant” Answered Mina.

“And your parents?”

“My mom is a housewife and my father works in a wood factory."

“Is he a carpenter?? I'm sure he is so hardworking man, I love everythings with wood and I hope to see your father. Totally respect him” He said while smilling.

“Yes he is, and...Thank you” Mina bowed her head humbly.

“Momo I want you to meet Mina and know everything about her and-“

“We have known each other since high school sir, she is more than a best friend to me” replied momo.

“Great then! Mina-ssi, let's stay in contact, I'll let one of bodyguards and keep you safe all the time” He ordered.

“Sir please don’t, I am okay with what I use to be. And about what happened last night, It’s just a mistake that I did and I'm pretty sure, soon or late, Chaeyoung himself will ignored it and pretend like nothing happen, so I assured you that you dont have to worry about me. I'll promise you nothing like this will happen again to us in the future.” Mina begged.

He stared at her deeply and smile “I am sorry but I won't make changes to my mind about the marriage. He needs to be a man and dont know why I'm so sure that you are more than suitable to be his wife”

Mina sighed and looked down, Now she knew, Money did talk, she was just a poor's girl who banged the wrong jack pot.

Silences hit again until, they arrived at mina’s house.

“Take care of yourself mina-ssi” he smiled at her, she faked a smile at him and went out of the car, she winced in pain but wore a normal expression and walked to the apartment. She stopped in front of lift and thought hard

'what should i do?'.

-----

 

The car left with the continuing silences. Taeun frowned and looked at momo.

“Get me the file of her, Momo. We have a lot to do for their marriage.” He ordered.

“Sir, I am not trying to get involved in your family matters but Mina is a poor girl sir, and I know Chaeyoung. He can’t be a good husband to her. Let me talk as Momo her friend not your secretary, I just dont want my friend to get hurt, she deserves a good man, sir.”

“Momo, You know me for years and You know I've never made a clueless decision. And I am sure you always know what I am doing”

“Sorry sir” she apologized.

“No you don’t have to, I am just sure that she will change him, something about her telling me that we are coming to hard days yet beautiful ones.”

Momo nodded and prayed internally that Mina will be okay for the next period.

-----

Meanwhile Mina was still clueless what had happened for the past hours, under the shower, she was rubbing her body with force, and finally she let her tears out, sobbing hard.

Today was her day-off she sat on the bed and didn’t care about the wet dots falling from her hair on the blanket under hair, she was getting flashbacks of last night, how Chaeyoung kissed her and how she responded to his touches when she didn’t even know his age.

“Mina?” Mari, her mom called, the forty-nine years old interrupted mina’s thoughts.

“Yes mom?”

“Did you stay at Momo's house last nite? why didn’t you tell me?”

“Yes, uhm I overslept and forgot to text you sorry”

“It’s okay, today I am preparing Chinese food!” her mom cheered “Anticipate it!”

“Yes mom” mina smiled at her mom, as soon she left, mina laid on the bed with her legs slightly open.

She was so stressed  tried to play games on her phone when momo texted her. And all she can do is sigh..

"Minari, be strong, the Yoo's family are taking you seriously… You need to prepare everything including informing your parents… I dont think they will accept any excuse from you to not marry Chaeyoung."

“What a sin I've done, God.. Now you keep remind me of my worries for the past hours. :( ”

“:( :( :( How are you? I mean uhm… down there?”

“Better, but still in pain :(”

“Rest well, I need to work, bye!”

Mina sighed and placed her phone in the bedside drawer, she took a deep breath…

'How can I tell mom and dad that I'm going to get married when they know I barely date anyone?' She closed her eyes and let a big sigh... again.

`````````

Meanwhile at the yoo’s mansion Chaeyoung didn’t calm since his grandpa left, Jeongyeon was sitting comfortably on the couch playing with his phone.

 

“Are you even listening to me?” Chaeyoung whined and stood in front of him.

“Uhm no, what were saying again” Jeongyeon's teasing again

“I was saying that they want me to marry that girl!”

Jeongyeon looked at him blankly “Yeah I know, I was there ealier too rite with you to listen, So why? Marrying is not bad, for me I am starting to think about it. And I assume Mina is not a bad girl anyway, why worry?”

Chaeyoung only sigh...

“Who gave you this hickey by the way?”

Jeongyeon touched his neck and panic, “Momo”

“WoW! Your night was hot then... WHAT??!! You said we cant touch her..” Chaeyoung widenned his eyes.

"NOOO!! I didnt say anything, it was you who said we cant touch her, I didnt say I cant, But I'll make sure you disappear if you touch her" Jeongyeon said seriously. “It’s not our first time anyway” he frowned “and suddenly I'm forced to go to America.”

“Poor you” Chaeyoung patted his shoulder “Don’t worry you can skype her when you missed her and american girls”

Jeongyeon punched his stomach “I am not a cheater and love her, you pabo~”

“Love” Chaeyoung rolled his eyes and threw himself on the couch, laying recklessly “Love does not exist!”

“In your dictionary YES, but in mine it exists”

“Then confess, why are you being a coward?”

“I'm not a coward, I’m... just afraid that I'll get rejected!” Jeong frowned and looking on Momo's wallpaper on his phone.

"There You being a COWARD hyung... By the hickey she gave you, I'll bet my new Lambo if she reject you."

"Huh... You are rite, I will confess soon then"

“I wonder why I give you advice yet all I believe Love is only a lie, My mom used to tell my dad that she loves him every day, in the end, she ran away with another man” he frowned.

“Not all your fingers are the same”

“Women are liars, they only exist so we can fill our ual desires”

“I got in this debate with you so many times and I am tired” jeongyeon got up and stretched “We need to clean the mess, my father said he won’t send us any help so let’s start!” he clapped and dragged chaeyoung with him to the kitchen.

 

The two wore some un-matching pajamas, they turned the music on and started to mop the floor, throw away the plastic cups and the empty whiskey bottles. After working for more than three hours the two laid on the now clean floor in the lobby, they laughed so hard and started to hit each other playfully.

“I will miss you idiot” said chaeyoung

“Me too idiot” Jeongyeon sighed “Or groom must I say?”

“Go, Go!” Chaeyoung pushed him away.

“It’s my house by the way!”

The sound of the phone ringing broke the fun moment, it was non-other than Taejun, telling them to come to an emergency family meeting.

 

The two took a quick shower and wore some formal outfit and fixed their hairs. Chaeyoung drove to the main fa

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter