Chapter 3: What Love Is About

Story of Us [ChanBaek]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 3: What Love Is About

 

Baekhyun’s P.O.V.:

 

--A Month Later--

 

Me and Chanyeol continued hanging out at school and he calls me every night, I might add. He’s still courting me though, he’s so sweet. He brings me chocolates, buys me food/drinks at the cafeteria, or just simply staying by my side. He’s been courting me for about a month now and I haven’t given him my answer yet. I don’t know what to do with these kinds of things. I feel happy whenever I’m with him and I get nervous all of a sudden. This doesn’t happen before. What to do?? Sigh

 

It's lunch break. Right now, I’m at the study area with Kyung and Luhan when Jongin and Chanyeol approached us. I didn’t say a thing when they said “Hi” to us. I just don’t feel like talking at all. I kept thinking about what I would do.

 

I spaced out on my own little world, then the bell rang signaling lunch break is over. I still haven’t said a thing, even though they asked me what’s wrong,

 

I just smiled at them and walked out but before I could, Chanyeol grabbed my hand and whispered in my ear, “Meet me later after class. I want to talk to you.” I shivered and just nodded without looking at him. He let go of me and went to class.

 

Inside the room, I can’t concentrate. I kept remembering what happened a while ago. His hot breath brings shivers down my spine and the way he whispers to me huskily.

 

“!’’ I thought while pulling my hair. “Mr. Byun, do you have a problem?” the teacher asked, looking at me sternly and everyone turned to look at me.

 

“No ma’am.” I said. I turned to look at the window and someone tap my shoulder, it’s Kyungsoo. “Hey, are you okay? You kept on spacing out.” he asked. Luhan looked at me worriedly.

 

“Yep, I’m fine. Nothing to worry about…” I smiled at them and he continued listening to the discussion. I kept glancing at the clock hoping time would stop. I don’t want to see him; I’m still confused about what I’m feeling. What am I gonna say? What if I say the wrong thing again and he’ll stop talking to me forever?

 

I turned pale when the bell rang, I hurriedly fix my things and went out the room but unluckily, Chanyeol is already there.

 

“!” I cursed under my breath.

 

“Okay, Byun Baekhyun. Act normal.” I said to myself. “Hey Channie!” I said and waved while smiling. “hey…” he said, monotonously.

 

“let’s go?” I asked.

 

We walked together towards the cafeteria without saying a word.

 

“Why are you ignoring me?” he asked suddenly.

 

“Huh? What are you talking about?”

 

“Don’t act bull Byun Baekhyun! Why the hell are you ignoring me?!” he said through gritted teeth.

 

“woah! Harsh much!?” I said to myself. I kept silent and he let out a frustrated sigh. “please just tell me, I don’t know what I did to you for you to ignore me.” He said, almost pleadingly.

 

“I don’t know…” I muttered. He heard it obviously. He looked at me, telling me to ‘explain further’. I sighed.

 

“I don’t know, okay? I don’t know what I’m feeling towards you.  With you, my heart beats fast. I feel butterflies in my stomach and I can’t stop thinking about you… I’m, I’m still confused. I don’t know what to do when I’m around you, I get nervous around you a-and…” I let out, blushing.

 

“Baek, do you have feelings for me?” he asked suddenly.

 

“W-Wha-at? W-what a-are y-you talking about?! S-stop saying nonsense!” I stuttered.

 

“Do you have feelings for me?” he asked once again while looking at me intently.

 

“Because, butterflies in the stomach, (step) heart beating fast (step), and always on the mind (step)… is also what I feel when I’m around you, and that Baekhyun is what we call love.” He said.

 

We are now face to face and I put my palm onto his chest pushing him away a bit because he’s so close.

 

“I’m, I’m still confused… I-I want t-to think about of it f-first until I-I’m s-sure about i-it.” I stuttered while looking down.

 

“Let’s just be friends until I find my answer, okay?” I continued.

 

“Okay, friends.” He said disappointment on his voice.

 

“Sooo, let’s get going?” I asked breaking the awkwardness because seriously, it’s really awkward. “Sure…” he said.

 

We went to the gate, obviously Kyung and Luhan already left me behind so Chanyeol offered me a ride home. He passed me a helmet and got on the bike.

 

“Hold on tightly, Princess.” Chanyeol said. So, I did, super tight. Chanyeo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter