Prevent Chaeyeon from Running Away Somi Day

Coincidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been 4 hours since she’s been in this emergency room and at this point, Kim Doyeon is going to go crazy. Does this hospital not have anyone to at least come check on Doyeon? The only people that remain in the room is Doyeon and Yoojung with her group of friends. The little girl was still holding onto her left arm for support, while her friends have gotten comfortable as if they were at each other’s house. The tall girl heard the others about “getting their remaining food from Chaeyeon”? 

 

The name sounded familiar. 

 

But Doyeon could only think, ‘There’s more of them? How many friends does this girl have?’. Doyeon envied Yoojung, she wished she could have friends to support her. 

 

Speak of the devil. 

 

“KIM DOYEON YOU ALMOST SCARED ME I THOUGHT YOU WERE DEAD”, Sohye entered the emergency room, not even caring that she drew a lot of attention. Doyeon takes it back, she wished Sohye went back home. Sohye gave Doyeon a tight hug and handed her a brown paper bag. Then, Sohye sat down in the empty seat beside her. 

 

“What’s this?”, the injured girl asked as she peeked inside the bag. 

 

“It’s food, you pabo. You must be hungry. I heard you hurt your leg FOUR HOURS AGO”, Sohye started complaining and stating the reasons to why she couldn’t come earlier. Doyeon barely listened as she was holding a sandwich and realized the girl across from her must be hungry. The tall girl told herself to ‘man’ up and asked the latter if she wanted a part of her sandwich. 

 

‘You can do this, Kim Doyeon’ 

 

‘Hwaiting!’ 

 

Unfortunately, when Doyeon tried to stand up. She immediately fell forward and face planted on the emergency room floor. That definitely caught everyone’s attention. Sohye tried to stifle her laughter and covered . 

 

“Omo!”, the ahjussi shrieked as everyone saw Doyeon now lying on the floor. The emotionless girl and her annoying friend ran towards her and lifted her up.

 

“Are you okay? That was a nasty fall”, Jieqiong smirked while Nayoung slapped her shoulders. Doyeon was now standing in front of them. 

 

“What she means is.. You must be pretty tired. I mean you have been sitting in the same spot for four hours”, Doyeon was surprised that the girl noticed Doyeon. She simply thought their group of friends were in their own world. Her thoughts were interrupted when she heard a small voice. 

 

“Are you okay?”, Yoojung was now speaking to her for the first time. Yoojung stood up from her seat, still holding onto her left arm. Doyeon blushes as she realized she had just embarrassed herself. 

 

“Uh- uh.. I think I am. Um.. sandwich?”, the tall girl almost shoved the wrapped sandwich in Yoojung’s face. Yoojung chuckled at her blunt response. 

 

‘Cute’ 

 

“Actually, Yoojung was taught that she is not allowed to take food from strangers. So don’t think about trying to poison our Yoojungie!”, Somi shoved herself in front of Yoojung. 

 

Then, Yoojung tiptoed and tilted her head to see Doyeon. But, she realized she didn’t need to do that because Doyeon was a lot taller than she expected. Doyeon could practically still see her behind Somi. 

 

“I’m Yoojung- “ 

 

“And I’m Sohye”, it was now Sohye’s turn to in the conversation. 

 

“I’m Somi”, the penguin shook hands with the youngest. 

 

“I’m Sejeong!”

 

“Mina!”

 

“Nayoung”

 

“Ni hao, I’m Jieqiong!”, Nayoung cringed at Jieqiong’s obvious saying that screams ‘I’m Chinese!’

 

“I’m Yeunjung. You’re not so ugly looking”, the red haired girl observed Doyeon. 

 

Finally, the quiet Yoojung had enough of her friends. 

 

“Seriously guys! Can you at least let me have a conversation with only one person!?”, Yoojung furrowed her eyebrows. 

 

“You can have a conversation with one person.. Which is me!”, Somi wrapped her arms around Yoojung squeezing her. 

 

“YA JEON SOMI THAT HURTS”, Yoojung flicked her forehead and was about to punch the youngest with her free arm until she heard the other injured person speak. 

 

“I’m Doyeon..”, everyone’s head turned to Doyeon as they saw the girl shyly looking at the ground. Yoojung noticed that Doyeon was beautiful. Gorgeous. Yoojung was sure that her friends were thinking the same thing. The way her hair fell perfectly, her pretty eyes, her fair skin and her lips. Gosh, her lips. 

 

‘Stop it Yoojung! You just met her today’ 

 

“Uh.. is it okay to ask? But, how did you hurt your arm?”, the tall girl asked and everyone but Sohye and Doyeon stared at Somi. 

 

“Seven words”, Sejeong said while holding up seven fingers. 

 

“Prevent”

 

“Chaeyeon”

 

“from”

 

“Running”

 

“Away”

 

“Somi”

 

“Day”

 

Doyeon and Sohye both raised their eyebrows showing that they were confused. Sohye swore she has heard the name ‘Chaeyeon’ before. But, she couldn’t put a face to the name. 

 

“You see Somi here is.. How do I explain it? Special” 

 

——

 

Somi was now in her mansion, getting ready for her date with Chaeyeon. For the first time in her life, Somi put on makeup. The young girl wasn’t a fan of it and plus she has a lot of confidence in her bare face, but knowing Chaeyeon would be staring at her face for the whole afternoon, starts making Somi nervous. It wasn’t a surprise when Somi was told that she was a straight up weirdo. When she met Chaeyoung, Tzuyu and Dahyun when they were little. She swore that the trio was stranger than Somi, but now they grew up as high school students and they both grew up the total opposites of what everyone was expecting. Somi would always think nonsense. 

 

“Where do chickens come from? If chickens can be mothers, than who’s the mother of the chicken?” 

 

“Do you think animals can dream as well?” 

 

“Even objects have souls too. That’s why books make loud noises when you slam them on the table. They’re expressing their pain”

 

“Tzuyu, are you sure you can’t hear colours? Because I’m sure in Science class, the teacher taught us about colours and sound waves” 

 

That day, Somi walked all the way home with a red hand mark on her cheek. She definitely deserved that slap from Tzuyu. 

 

The Canadian was staring at herself in the mirror. 

 

“Maybe I should cancel?”, Somi pondered. After all, this was her first date. 

 

“I think the not, you will cancel”

 

Somi screamed ‘intruders’, when she saw the trio entering her bedroom. Tzuyu rolled her eyes, while Dahyun and Chaeyoung squealed. 

 

“Our youngest is going on her first date!” 

 

“Yeah and the youngest doesn’t know what to do on that first date” 

 

“Shut up Tzuyu”, Dahyun and Chaeyoung glared at the tall savage. 

 

“Well Chaeyeon said she wants to go rollerskating”, Somi quietly said and Tzuyu asked the latter if she knew how to roller skate. Somi shook her head and her friends groaned at the youngest. 

 

“Looks we’ll have to teach you some tricks of our own”, Dahyun smirked as she looked at Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. 

 

“Trust us, by the end of this date. Chaeyeon will want to be your girlfriend!” 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Meanwhile at DIA Cafe..

 

The six girls were still sitting in the booth trying to finish the entire menu. They were also coming up with a plan to make Somi’s first date, the best date ever. The girls noticed Chaeyeon finishing her shift until they heard her say something about not telling Somi where to meet up. Sejeong immediately came to the rescue and gave the cafe worker, Somi’s number.. Well it was actually a fake number. Mina was the real hero when she gave the real number to Chaeyeon. Nayoung kicked Sejeong's shin under the table. They bid Chayeon good bye and went back to their plan. 

 

“Okay, all we have to do is make sure that Chaeyeon doesn’t get a huge migraine by the end of the date”, Yoojung silently confessing that the others can give her major headaches. 

 

After Sejeong talked about her plan and everyone except Yoojung agreed to it. 

 

“No! I do not confirm this plan. Why do I have to do the hard work!?” 

 

“Because like you always say to us, you’re small and quiet. And, we’re loud and obnoxious”, Sejeong sipped on the straw in the drink, making a loud slurp noise. 

 

“Okay, I texted Tzuyu, Dahyun and Chaeyoung about everything”, Yeunjung flashed her phone showing the trio’s replies. 

 

[Dubu] 

Got it chief! 

[Smol Beast]

We’ll make sure Somi is prepared

[Yoda]

^^ 

 

“I’m sorry, but I overheard your conversation. Are you talking about Jung Chaeyeon who works here?”, a girl who was holding the empty plates with a name tag that said ‘Heehyun’. 

 

“Yes we are and we have a few questions about her”, Mina said while stuffing her face with a slice of cake. Heehyun thought about it for a second and told the girl to ask away. 

 

“How tolerable is Chaeyeon when she is with annoying middle schoolers?”

 

“Chaeyeon is sort of like an eomma figure to kids. So I think she handles them well” 

 

“What about teenagers?” 

 

“Uh.. What?” 

 

“Is Chaeyeon weird?”

 

“Well.. Define the word, weird” 

 

“Like bought a crate of bees in an attempt to end the extinction of bees in Canada”, Yoojung bluntly answered Heehyun. Heehyun was a little shocked at her response. 

 

“Does Chaeyeon have bad luck? Because I just realized Somi is really unlucky”, Sejeong said. 

 

“Also, could you ask Chaeyeon to send Somi the rest of the food we bought. That would be great Heehyun!”, Jieqiong squealed and left a tip on the table. The six girls left the cafe with Heehyun still standing frozen in her place. 

 

 

 

 

 

[Unknown Number] 

Hi, it’s Chaeyeon. One of your friends gave me your number. I forgot to tell you where to meet up, let’s meet at the food court in the mall and we’ll walk to the roller rink!

[Somi] 

Of course, can’t wait! 

[Somi]

This is Somi btw 

 

Somi was now sitting at a booth in the food court, waiting for Chaeyeon. She still remembers every single detail the trio told her. 

 

“Don’t talk about any weird stories and I would leave the window story out of the conversation..” 

 

“Stare at her eyes, but don’t stare too much. It might get a little creepy..” 

 

“Compliment her” 

 

“When you go in the rink, strictly ask for the pairs that have wheels that are like skateboards. You are not ready for the cool kid skates!” 

 

“Be a gentlewoman and do what she wants to do. I know today is Somi Day, but even if you like it or not, you gotta listen to your elders”, Tzuyu deeply sighed while Chaeyoung and Dahyun flicked her on the head. 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter