Somi Day

Coincidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Doyeon was having a great day. Was. 

 

The cheerleader ate a full breakfast, she got a 92 on her math test and never in a million years, Doyeon would have thought that Sohye would give her some of her own delicious lunch that her mom cooked. It was a bright sunny day, where the birds were chirping and you could hear the animated conversations of other students all across the school. The tall girl walked down the hallway as she waved at people, especially to her ‘fans’. Kim Doyeon was sort of a hot shot at the school. She had all of the traits and features that all of girls wanted and the boys admired, but nobody knew that the cheerleader only had one close friend who resembled a lot like a penguin. She was heading into the gym, prepped for her cheerleading practice. Until the next second, she was being lifted into the air and Doyeon was flying up to the heavens. You could say that Doyeon’s height made up most of the fall, as one of her legs were now contorted due to the impact. Doyeon was rushed to the hospital and like in any hospital, she had to wait in the emergency room for eternity. Obviously, her messed up leg wasn’t that important to the nurses. While resting her leg on the pillow given from the nurse, Doyeon noticed a little girl with a fringe sitting across from her, who looked absolutely adorable. The girl seemed to be supporting her left arm as she kept rocking on her feet. The little girl was sitting next to a group of girls around Doyeon’s age, who Doyeon assumed to be her friends. Why did she assume this? Well, it was obvious when the stone like girl kept asking her in a monotone voice, if she was okay. While a pale foreigner kept pestering the ‘concerned’ woman, saying “Nayoung! Nayoung unnie!”. The girl now known as Nayoung seemed to be very annoyed. A girl with an ahjussi voice yelled in the phone, “Ya Jeon Somi! Hurry up with our drinks because you’re the reason why we’re in here”. Behind her, was a a girl who looked similar to the ahjussi with chubby cheeks eating a snack she had gotten from the pocket of her sweater and another girl with chubby cheeks and had red dyed hair who kept complaining, “Do I really have to be here?”. Finally, the girl who Doyeon presumed as ‘Jeon Somi’ came in the room with treys of drinks in each hand, yelling “Sejeong unnie, how could you yell at me, when you should be worried about our Yoojungie!”. So, the small girl’s name who had not even said anything since Doyeon spotted her, was named Yoojung. 

 

Doyeon silently whispered her name as she saw Sejeong and Somi fighting with each other, while everyone but Yoojung was taking sips out of their drinks. 

 

They were definitely the loudest in the emergency room. 

 

Doyeon thought, ’I wonder why they’re in here’. 

 

——

 

“Knock knock!” 

 

Choi Yoojung groaned as she heard the cheery voice of the Canadian. She took one of her pillows and stuffed her face in it. If she’s there than that must mean- 

 

“MERRY CHRISTMASSSSSSSS” 

 

Yep. The whole gang must be here. It’s not even Christmas, but nobody can question Kim Sejeong. It’s amazing how loud their voices are when Yoojung’s bedroom is upstairs. She heard the girls greet Yoojung’s mom and that must mean her mother opened the door for them. 

 

How could her own mom betray her like this. 

 

She loved the six girls, but sometimes they give Yoojung major migraines. The little girl heard her bedroom door opened and immediately five girls were piled on top of her. Yoojung heard Nayoung, who was probably the only one not on top of her, ‘silently’ scold her, saying that Yoojung probably didn’t wash up last night and the three out of the five girls instantly got off Yoojung. Except for Jeon Somi and Kim Sejeong, the pain of everyone’s and more importantly Yoojung’s . 

 

“Yoojung, wake up. Today is Somi Day!”, the youngest of them chirped into Yoojung’s ear. 

 

Somi Day, the day where everything goes along with Somi’s plans, decisions and everyone needed to do what she said. Yoojung looked at her clock on the bedside table. 

 

9:42am 

 

“Ugh, why couldn’t you wake me up later. We’re not even going to go to school today because of you”. Yoojung groaned and covered herself with the blanket. 

 

“Hey, at least she didn’t come to your house at 4 in the morning”, the siblings Sejeong and Mina, glared at the smiling Somi. 

 

“She called me 16 times on my phone at midnight”, Yeunjung grumbled. 

 

“She threw a rock at my window. By the way Som, my parents are gonna send you the papers to fix my window.. And my brother’s window..”, Jieqiong said. 

 

“She sent a llama to my house. How the heck do you get a llama in South Korea!?”

 

Somi took a note that Nayoung does not like llamas, maybe next time she will send an ostrich. Somi pulled Yoojung out of bed and told everyone to get out of the little girl’s room, so that she could change into casual clothes. Since it was Somi Day, everyone including Sejeong listened to the maknae. 

 

After Yoojung changed, the group went out to eat breakfast at ‘DIA Cafe’, Somi’s favourite cafe. On the way to the cafe, Somi wanted Nayoung to give her a piggyback, and Nayoung could only heave a sigh as she crouched down for Somi to jump on her back.

 

‘At least, she hasn’t asked me to do anything stupid’ 

 

When they entered the cafe, Somi immediately blushed when she saw one of the workers behind the register. The remaining six looked at Somi and gave mischievous looks to each other. The worker was a beautiful mystery, she doesn’t talk much, but the girls are surprised at the impact she made on their youngest. 

 

“Let’s have some fun on Somi Day”, Jieqiong winked at Sejeong, who was also on the same page as the Chinese. Meanwhile, Yoojung, Yeunjung and Mina prayed they didn’t do anything too stupid. And, Nayoung didn’t care about anything as she officially thought that today she wasn’t responsible for any of the kids. 

 

“Aw, our baby Ssom Ssom, what do you want on the menu. It’s on your favourite unnie, after all it is SOMI DAY”, Sejeong loudly cooed at Somi, while Jieqiong ruffled Somi’s hair. Everyone in the cafe heard Sejeong and the workers and customers stifled their laughter. While her best friends were dying of laugher, holding their stomachs and slapping each other on the back.

 

‘Wow, thanks a lot unnies', Somi thought. 

 

Somi saw one of the workers that she admired, trying to hold in their laughter, and Somi was red as a tomato. For payback, Yoojung decided to join in on the fun. 

 

“I’ll also pay for half of the fee. I need to support our child”, Yoojung teasingly said as she wrapped her arms around Somi and pecked her cheek. A lightbulb appeared above Somi’s head and she smirked when she thought of something. 

 

 

 

 

 

Yoojung had never thought that the entire menu of DIA Cafe would cost more than $400. As promised, Sejeong and Yoojung split up the fee and most of Yoojung’s wallet money was gone. The duo bowed down as they apologized to the customers waiting in line behind them, and said that they could choose 4 things from their order. The seven girls sat down in a booth and Nayoung finally spoke up to only scold Somi for ordering the whole menu. Somi simply said that it was Sejeong’s fault and Nayoung ended up scolding Sejeong. 

 

“At least, we won’t need to order lunch and dinner”, Mina said as all of the drinks and foods were placed covering the entire table. 

 

“Uhh guys?”, Yeunjung started to worry when she saw the cafe’s visual worker walk towards the booth. 

 

“Oh , stay calm stay calm”, Sejeong whispered harshly at Somi, who was mentally preparing herself for whatever was going to happen next. 

 

“Hello, you must be Somi?”, the worked named Chaeyeon pointed at the younger girl and Somi was shocked that a girl like her even knew her own name. Somi nodded and was about to talk when Jieqiong butted in, blocking Somi from Chaeyeon’s view. 

 

“Why would you be asking?” 

 

“What do you want with our youngest?”

 

“I need to see some documents to make s

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter