This is Halloween

Coincidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It was finally October 31st, also known as Halloween. Where all of the unknown creatures came to life. Vampires, werewolves, goblins, you name it. They are known as a threat to humanity. Instead of this story with a crappy plot, what if it took a different twist… What if Kim Doyeon and Choi Yoojung lived in an alternate universe, where these monsters were accepted in today’s society- 

 

“Somi, can you just start the story properly!?”, Yeunjung huffed, tucking in her Mario hat, making sure that it wouldn’t fall off her head. Somi pouted. 

 

‘aish, I seriously need a break from being the host’ 

 

“Okay! Okay!”, Somi exclaimed in English. “I will properly start the story”, the maknae glared at her annoying unnie, as Yeunjung stuck her tongue out in response. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

—— 

 

“Eat it.”

 

“Nayoung unnie!”, Somi whined as she stared at the ‘thing’ on the plate. Mina was silently praying that it wouldn’t eat her insides.  

 

“Eat it.” 

 

“It’s still alive! How the am I suppose to eat this?”, Sejeong stabbed the edible creature with a fork and brought it closer to her face to inspect it. Although Sejeong violently stabbed it, it was still squirming on her fork. The girl shuddered as she thought about it crawling back up . Doyeon and Yoojung were just silently staring at the thing. 

 

“Unnie!”, Somi whined again with tears forming in her eyes. Dahyun pitied the girl, but this is what happens when you’re late to their planned hang-outs. The curious Yeunjung stared at the ‘thing’ on Mina’s plate. 

 

“Are you sure it’s... edible?”, the red-haired girl asked Nayoung and she silently nodded in return. Yeunjung’s eyes popped out in shock. 

 

‘that can’t be edible..’ 

 

“Does anyone want to eat mine for me? Please..”, Mina dragged out the ‘please’, hoping that someone would step up for her. She looked around and the people who weren’t receiving the punishment were trying to avoid Mina. They know that once they look into Mina’s eyes, they would immediately fall into her trap. Tzuyu started whistling as if she didn’t hear the begging voice of the tangerine. Mina glared at Tzuyu as she found her prey. 

 

“Tzuyuuu.. “, Mina pouted as she walked closer and closer to Tzuyu. 

 

‘oh !’, Tzuyu thought. ‘just close your eyes, Chou!’. The tall girl closed her eyes and kept facing away from Mina, as if Mina was Medusa trying to turn Tzuyu into a statue. Tzuyu could feel Mina’s breath on her face, meaning that Mina must be really close to her.. Maybe, a little too close. She opened her eyes to find a Mina with puppy dog eyes. 

 

‘my weakness!’ 

 

“Uhm.. Unnie. I can’t- I already did the punishment last time!”, Tzuyu stuttered trying to avoid Mina’s gaze. The last punishment was even worse because Somi didn’t receive the punishment, so she decided to help Nayoung with her evil plans. 

 

“Please..”, Mina clasped her hands together and the bottom of her lip was out, trying to frown cutely. Tzuyu froze, the poor girl doesn’t know what to do in this situation. Jieqiong and Chaeyoung were watching the whole scene, as they ate popcorn. 

 

“We should have gotten drinks. You thirsty, Chaeng?”, Jieqiong muffled with full of popcorn. Chaeyoung cutely nodded, as she also had full of popcorn. The pair skipped to the kitchen, while they both held the bucket of popcorn. Meanwhile, Sohye was watching her best friend stare at her ‘meal’. 

 

“We should’ve done this whenever you couldn’t hang out with me because of your ‘busy’ schedule!”, Sohye casually said and Doyeon turned around with a shocked face. She looked like she was haunted by her greatest demon, and that was Im Nayoung. 

 

—— 

 

It was a normal day at JYP High— like any other day, Somi had to interact with an animal and well.. You can assume the rest. 

 

“YA JEON SOMI!”, Yoojung yelled as she dragged Somi across the school field. Somi kept trying to pull Yoojung back. 

 

“Look unnie, it’s harmless!”, Yoojung didn’t look back and kept dragging Somi, however the maknae tried to get closer to the little creature. The pair was basically playing a game of tug of war in the middle of the school field and the rope was Somi’s arm. 

 

‘well this isn’t embarrassing’, Yoojung cowered at the thought of other people watching them from the class windows and she heaved a sigh. She let go of Somi who ended up falling towards the animal, meanwhile Yoojung made a run for it. 

 

“Yoojung! Wait! WAIT HELP- “, Yoojung quickly stopped running and turned around to see the animal pouncing on Somi. Yoojung screamed as she saw the creature claw the maknae. 

 

—— 

 

“Choose Doyeon. Trick or treating with me or go the party to see Yoojung!”, Sohye went ‘hmph’ and crossed her arms. Doyeon was in shock, she has never seen Sohye act this way about trick or treating… 

 

“Penguin, are you okay?”, Doyeon carefully asked as she tried to put a hand on her friend’s shoulder, but it ended with Sohye slapping her hand away. 

 

“NO I’M NOT OKAY. I THINK I’M STARTING TO LIKE SOMEONE AND I NEED YOU TO GO THE PARTY SO I CAN ACCOMPANY YOU AND SECRETLY CHECK OUT ON THEM”, Sohye yelled at the top of her lungs, her breathing was really heavy, that you could hear it throughout the whole school.

 

“Oh okay, why didn’t you just-  Wait, did you just say what I think you just said?”, Doyeon questioned Sohye as the girl sheepishly nodded in return. The cheerleader’s face started to form into a rather ugly, but gorgeous face when she started to realize the whole situation. Doyeon squealed as she held Sohye’s hands into hers. The two hopped around the empty classroom like two crazy fools in love. 

 

—— 

 

It was nearing the time of JYP’s Halloween party. And Yoojung was super excited about it. People always find this surprising, but Yoojung is a total party girl, she loves the party games, dressing up and sometimes she’ll drink more than what she can handle... Sadly, Somi or Sejeong may not go the party. After the incident that happened earlier, Somi went to the hospital to get the cuts on her face cleaned, it shocked Yoojung when Sejeong happily offered to give Somi a ride to the hospital. Of course, Sejeong was nice, but when it comes to Somi. That’s a whole different story. Yoojung shrugged at the thought of her friend being weird and started to play music on her portable speakers. 

 

“DNA LA LA LA LA LA”, Yoojung jumped on her bed and tried her best to dance to the song, without breaking her precious bed. She turned up the music and started to put on her Halloween costume. Since she got kicked out of the store where Doyeon and her visited the other day, in her free time, she got a costume that was from the movie, ’Alice in Wonderland’. The costume was one of the cards from the movie, she had a red hood and the card that hid her whole body and had the eight of diamonds on it. 

 

“Unnie, what the heck are you doing?”, Yoojung was startled by the random voice and turned around to see Tzuyu near her door. She gasped in awe as she saw the visual dressed as a vampire. 

 

“Uh-uh”, Yoojung stuttered, totally flustered that Tzuyu caught her dancing like a fool and also at the fact that Tzuyu was really stunning. 

 

“You know what… How about we just pretend that nothing happened?”, Tzuyu grabbed Yoojung’s hand, as the smaller girl shyly nodded in return. Tzuyu led Yoojung out of her room and they both went downstairs. Instantly, Yoojung could hear the loud shouts from her friends. 

 

“Your costume Mina!” 

 

“Says the person who is dressed as Pinocchio!”

 

“Says the person who should be in jail for having such a bad costume!”, Jieqiong pointed up and down at Mina, trying to prove her point that her outfit was better. Mina was dressed as a prisoner Jieqiong worked really hard on this costume, the amount of times she pricked her fingertips with the sewing needle is uncountable. 

 

Yeunjung nudged Nayoung, “Hey, how long do you think they’ll keep doing this? They have this argument at least every year”. Nayoung shrugged. 

 

“I think they’ll keep doing this till they’re 83”

 

“Why did you choose the number 83?”

 

“Cause hopefully I won’t be living after I’m 83 and that means I won’t have to hear this stupid argument”, Yeunjung was confused at Nayoung’s logic, but she knows to not question the stone. 

 

“FINE THEN HOW ABOUT WE AGREE ON THIS? NAYOUNG UNNIE’S COSTUME IS THE WORST IN THIS ROOM”, Mina yelled and pointed at the stone. The stone was baffled that the argument was now about her, more specifically her costume. Jieqiong started laughing first and the contagious laugh made everyone, but Nayoung, start laughing.

 

“What’s wrong with my costume?”, Nayoung started pouting which made Jieqiong squeal. 

 

“Unnie, you’re a reindeer! It’s not even Christmas yet!”, Mina struggled to say without laughing. 

 

“It was my last resort!”, Nayoung wailed as her younger friends kept teasing her. Eventually, they left Yoojung’s house and headed to the party in Nayoung’s car. 

 

—— 

 

“Unnie, thanks for accompanying me to the hospital… But, don’t you want to go to the party? I can stay here by myself”, Somi hesitantly asked as Sejeong was in her best mood. 

 

“Aniyo! It will be fine Somi-ah!”, Sejeong flashed a smile showing all of her pearly whites and Somi turned around, facing away from her creepy unnie and whispered, ‘weird’. Since there is a chance they might not go to the party, Somi wanted to wear her costume to the hospital. Surprisingly, Sejeong agreed to wear her costume as well. Somi was dressed as Robin Hood, she had green ‘archery’ clothes and a green hat. Sejeong was dressed as Bruce Lee, Somi tried not to burst out laughing at the yellow suit Sejeong wore. They were currently waiting for someone to tend the claw marks on Somi’s face, if Somi wasn’t a regular patient at the hospital, people would’ve thought she came back from fighting a monster. She noticed that Sejeong kept looking around the place. 

 

‘what is wrong with this unnie?’ 

 

A nurse walked towards the two with a clipboard in her hand, “I’m sorry, but Dr.Lee might be a little late, she’s having a little hold up with her patient. But if you want, while you wait, you can attend the little party we have for the patients with disabilities”, Somi and Sejeong looked at each other and nodded. They didn’t have any problems with people who were just a bit different. Also, they were missing JYP’s Halloween party, so why not attend the hospital’s party? The nurse smiled at the two and led them to the room where the ‘party’ was held. As they entered the white room, they noticed the atmosphere wasn’t as fun as they thought… There wasn’t much interactions between the patients, the music was very low and there wasn’t much snacks. Although, the decorations were nice, but the duo could see the nurses were struggling to host the party. Somi and Sejeong awkwardly walked towards the snack table. 

 

“Hey Somi”, Sejeong whispered, making sure the nurses weren’t listening to them. She grabbed a few pretzels from the bowl that had a mix of other snacks. 

 

“Yeah unnie?”, Somi whispered in response, having no idea why they were whispering. The maknae popped a few chips in . A mischievous smirk was forming on Sejeong’s face and Somi was starting to get scared. 

 

‘seriously! what is wrong with this unnie today?’ 

 

“How about we start this party right?”, Sejeong wiggled her eyebrows and Somi’s mouth formed an ‘o’ shape. Somi also smirked and nodded. 

 

“I think we can do that”, Sejeong and Somi don’t get along, but they are the ultimate party animals. They’re the type that you should always invite to a party. 

 

“WOOOOOOO! EVERYONE CMON!”, Sejeong screamed in ahjussi voice as Somi went over to the speaker system and turned up the music. The nurses started dancing and whooping in return to thank Somi and Sejeong. Sejeong went over to a lady who only had one arm. The lady started getting scared at the approaching Sejeong and this caused Sejeong to keep telling the lady that she wasn’t going to hurt her. Sejeong asked her if she wanted to dance with her and the lady kept refusing to dance with Sejeong. The ahjussi heaved a sigh and pleaded the lady one last time. The lady looked over to the nurse near her and the nurse nodded for her to go dance. She cautiously nodded, scared of what would happen next. 

 

“Thank you so much, ma’am!”, Sejeong bowed as she held her hand out, indicating for the lady to put her only hand into hers. The lady slowly put her hand on Sejeong’s hand. They walked towards the middle of the room and started dancing like crazy people, Sejeong could hear the cheers of the staff and the patients who were starting to get involved, Sejeong never thought she would be happy to see the lady smile. Somi jumped around the room, stopping at times to randomly dance with people, making sure they were getting involved. The maknae did notice a little girl sitting down, quietly munching on a snack. And a girl who looked around her age was on the other side of the room, just spacing out. Somi decided to go to the little girl first. 

 

“Annyeong!”, the little girl looked startled from Somi and Somi giggled in return. Somi handed her a napkin with a pile of chips on it. The little girl cutely smiled and put her three fingers on her chin and led her hand towards Somi, then she took the snacks from Somi. It took Somi a few seconds to realize that the little girl couldn’t talk, of course, it would be rude to act surprised in front of the girl, so Somi ignored the thought. 

 

“Does that mean thank you in sign language?”, Somi carefully asked the girl, who brightly nodded. Somi repeated the action and the little girl gave a thumbs up to Somi. 

 

“What is your name?”, the little girl looked like she was deep in thought, how was she going to tell Somi her name? Somi was also thinking this and a lightbulb appeared above her head. Somi told the girl to wait one second and pulled out her phone, she went on the ‘Notes’ and created a new note. She handed the phone to the little girl and the little girl started typing. 

 

‘My name is Kim Dani’ 

 

“Dani? That’s a pretty name.” Somi gave a bright smile to Dani and Dani returned it. “My name is Jeon Somi”, Somi took her hand out and Dani shook her hand, the little girl also gave Somi’s phone back. Dani continued to eat her snack and the snacks Somi gave her. Somi looked around and almost forgot about the girl that was spacing out. 

 

“Hey Dani?”, Dani cutely scrunched her nose when Somi called her name. “Who’s that girl over there?”, she pointed at the girl who was still spacing out. Dani giggled at the sight of the girl and Somi assumes that Dani definitely knows who she is. Dani took her hands out and Somi planted her phone into her little hands. 

 

‘That is Chungha. She is new at the hospital, so I don’t know much about her’, Dani pouted and Somi chuckled, lightly patting her head. The little girl continued to type in Somi’s phone. ‘All I know is she recently went blind due to a car accident. They ended up finding her a day after the accident, so it was too late to do treatment on her eyes. I feel bad for her..’, Somi slowly nodded, taking in the information that Dani gave her. 

 

‘no wonder she looks like she’s spacing out. she doesn’t really know where she’s looking…’  

 

Meanwhile, Sejeong was still dancing like she was making the most out of her night. There might not be any alcohol, but this was the best party Sejeong has been to. While she was dancing with an elderly man, she noticed a girl— 

 

‘WAIT THATS HER!’ 

 

The girl Sejeong saw at the hospital when she went to go get her medication. It was really her! Sejeong smiled and started dancing even more, and this earned a hearty chuckle from the elderly man. 

 

“What’s got you so happy sweetheart?”, the man asked in a low voice. 

 

“Ahjussi, I think I found true love!”, Sejeong happily chirped. The man chuckled again and let out a long sigh.

 

“Ahh, I remember the days with my true love. I enjoyed every sweet moment with her.” the man looked out to the distance. Sejeong frowned at the past tense of the man’s words. 

 

“Where is your loved one now?”, Sejeong quietly asked, looking down to the ground. The man slowly grabbed one of Sejeong’s hand and waited for her look of approval. Sejeong was confused and a bit scared, but she hesitantly nodded. The man led Sejeong’s hand to rest on top of his ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter