Yoojung Day

Coincidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been a week since ‘Doyeon’ texted Yoojung and now they are on a strictly text only relationship. Of course, to avoid the teasing of their friends. Doyeon and Yoojung have not told their friends about this. The only thing that their friends know is that they now have each other’s numbers. 

 

[Doyeon] 

I’m still amazed at how you’re friends with crazy people! It’s okay though because I’m friends with Sohye and I’m glad to see her making more friends. 

[Yoojung] 

My mom use to always say that to me! And I’m glad that I met you. 

 

‘WHAT DID I JUST SAY’ 

 

[Yoojung]

I meant to say ‘we’, aha not ‘I’. Stupid autocorrect.

 

Yoojung awkwardly chuckled as she was sitting on the couch in the living room. Her mom walked in with a laundry basket and wasn’t surprised to see her daughter on her phone. Ms.Choi cleared to get Yoojung’s attention, but the little girl was in her own world texting at the speed of light. Her mom loudly put the laundry basket down on the ground. No answer. 

 

“I’ve had enough of this”, Ms.Choi snatched her daughter’s phone and Yoojung whined ‘mom’. Ms.Choi was now running away from Yoojung as the younger girl was trying to get her phone back. As Yoojung’s mom was getting chased around the house, she was looking at Yoojung’s phone and starting reading the messages. 

 

“WHO IS DOYEON? AND WHY DOES SHE REMIND YOU OF ME?” 

 

“MOM!”, Yoojung’s mom laughed as her daughter punched the air, pretending that it was her mom’s head. 

 

Ring. Ring. 

 

“YOOJUNG GO GET THE DOOR”, the mother was still getting chased by her daughter.

 

“NOT UNTIL I GET MY PHONE BACK” 

 

“THATS DISRESPECTFUL CHOI YOOJUNG” 

 

“YOU TAKING MY PHONE WITHOUT PERMISSION IS DISRESPECTFUL”, meanwhile Sejeong and Mina who were outside the door could hear everything crystal clear. They both exchanged confused looks as they kept listening to the Choi’s banter. 

 

“They do know we can hear them, right?”, Sejeong started to look for the spare key as Mina tried to tiptoe to peek through the window next to the door. 

 

“My little tangerine, I’m pretty sure the whole neighbourhood can hear them”. Sejeong yelled ‘aha!’ when she raised the spare key above her head. The Kim/Kang sisters gave each other a high-five as Sejeong inserted the key to unlock the door. They walked in to see Yoojung clinging onto her mother’s back, trying to reach for her phone. While Ms.Choi raised the phone all the way above her head and kept reading the text messages with Doyeon. Mina and Sejeong gave each other weird looks and both nodded. Sejeong walked over and simply took the phone out of Ms.Choi’s hand. Then, Mina grabbed the daughter off of her back and threw her onto the couch. Yoojung groaned as she felt the impact of the couch on her face. Sejeong gave a scolding look to Ms.Choi and ordered her to sit next to Yoojung. 

 

“Mina.. That hurts… A LOT”  

 

“Sejeong, what are you doing!?”, both of the Choi’s were ticked off from the presence of the duo. 

 

“Both of you, I’m disappointed. You’re lucky we were here to stop you two, do you know how loud you were screaming!? Also, Yoojung- ”, Sejeong froze as she saw a text popped up on the phone that she was holding and silently read the name ’Doyeon’. Mina saw this and gasped when she saw the text. Suddenly, Sejeong and Mina started jumping in joy as the Choi’s were now staring at them in confusion. 

 

“I TOLD YOU MINA. I TOLD YOU IT WOULD WORK” 

 

“Shut up Sejeong”, Mina was now annoyed at older sister. Meanwhile the Choi’s were still angry at each other. 

 

“Can I have my phone back, Sejeong?”, Yoojung bluntly asked as she shot eye daggers at her two friends. Then, Yoojung’s mom strictly said to not give the phone back until she had some answers. This left Mina and Sejeong frightened of the Choi’s. Sejeong still didn’t give the phone back and Ms.Choi asked the two who ‘Doyeon’ was. Sejeong, in her ahjussi voice, proceeded to tell Ms.Choi.

 

“Ahh- Kim Doyeon. A SOPA student. Cheerleader. Dancer. She’s almost too tall for Yoojung. And… Yoojung’s future girlfriend”, Sejeong looked at Yoojung to wink at the younger girl, but ended up getting a couch pillow to the face. 

 

“Omo! My daughter is dating someone?”, Ms.Choi shrieked as she stood up and excitedly slapped Mina’s hands. 

 

“No!”, Yoojung yelled in English, then she switched back to Korean. “Doyeon is just a friend and we haven’t even hanged out yet..”, Ms.Choi slapped Yoojung’s shoulder, earning a loud ‘ow’ from her daughter. 

 

“You kids, these day. Never going out of the house to go talk to people or even to breathe in more oxygen!? My daughter. You are beautiful and from reading those messages, I think you have a chance with this Doyeon”, Yoojung’s mom patted her back and went to go back to doing the laundry. Sejeong and Mina waved at Ms.Choi and then they both looked at Yoojung with a smirk. Yoojung groaned as she expected this to happen, she closed her eyes and waited for the comments to come.. 

 

‘Why aren’t they saying anything?’, Yoojung slowly opened her eyes to see the sisters still standing in the same place. Sejeong threw Yoojung’s phone to her. 

 

“We’ll save the teasing for the rest of the group”, Sejeong smiled as her eyes shined brightly. Mina came closer to Yoojung and looped her arm around Yoojung’s arm. 

 

“Come on! We’re going to be late for your surprise!”, Yoojung was now dragged out of the house and she remembered that she forgot her keys, but she heard Sejeong say that she already had her keys? 

 

“Ow Mina, you’re dragging my ankles on the pavement- Wait, did you just say surprise?” 

 

—— 

 

“WELCOME TO LA CASA DE JEON SOMI”, Yoojung, Sejeong and Mina were now in front of Somi’s house. 

 

“Yeah.. Maybe you should stick with English Som”, the younger girl frowned at Sejeong’s comment as she moved aside to let her friends enter through the front door. They walked up the stairs and went inside Somi’s bedroom. When Somi opened the door, Yoojung could see everyone was here and they were all piled on Somi’s king size bed. Nayoung was sitting on the side of the bed, looking at one of Somi’s picture diaries. Meanwhile, Tzuyu and Yeunjung were squished underneath Jieqiong, Dahyun and Chaeyoung. The three were all on their phones and taking pictures of the squished duo. 

 

“Tzuyu, can you raise your eyebrows for me?”, Chaeyoung asked cutely and Tzuyu complied. The tiger cub giggled like a five year old as she watched the effects on Tzuyu’s face. Tzuyu pretended to groan and covered her face on the bed, but she was really trying to hide the smile on her face. Yeunjung was obviously not having it today. 

 

“Yeunjung, open your mouth for me!”, Dahyun looked at the red head with a grin and Yeunjung told Dahyun to stop bothering her. Dahyun pouted as Jieqiong patted her head. 

 

“Um.. Guys. Yoojung is here”, Jieqiong, Dahyun and Chaeyoung got off Tzuyu and Yeunjung to greet the smol girl. 

 

“YOOJUNGIE!” 

 

“Thank god”, Tzuyu and Yeunjung both sighed as they got up to stretch. Having three people on top of you does not do wonders to your body. 

 

“Okay, what time is it?”, Nayoung finally spoke for the first time since Yoojung got here. Nayoung closed the book and placed it on Somi’s bed. 

 

“2:52pm, we should get going then!”, Yoojung was baffled when she felt four pair of hands grab her. Yoojung was now dragged AGAIN out of the Jeon residence and into their garage. 

 

“WHERE ARE WE GOING NOW?”   

 

“Blindfold her”, Yoojung heard Jieqiong say as she felt the fabric cover her eyes. 

 

‘what the heck is going on!?’

 

—— 

 

“Can I take the blindfold off?”

 

“You can take it off later”, the girls were now in Nayoung’s car. Yoojung sat in the middle where she thinks Sejeong and Somi are sitting next to her. All Yoojung knows is there are two pairs of hands restricting her from taking the blindfold off. 

 

“Now it is later, which means I can take the blindfold off?” 

 

“No”

 

“How about now?”

 

“No”, Yoojung groaned as everyone kept saying ‘no’. The blindfolded girl was quiet for a whole minute and she swore she heard Nayoung sigh in relief. 

 

‘56.. 57.. 58.. 59..’ 

 

“Now can I take it off?” 

 

“NO”, everyone yelled at Yoojung and she put her hands up in surrender as she laid back in the car seat. 

 

“YES WE’RE FINALLY HERE”, everyone was shocked at the Stone Buddha yelling as she entered in the parking lot. Nayoung could feel everyone’s stare on her.

 

“What? I’m human too?”, the girl bluntly stated and told Yoojung to finally take off the blindfold. Yoojung was grumpy as she mumbled ‘I can’t believe you guys- ‘, but stopped when she saw the sign indicating that they were at the zoo. Yoojung shrieked as the others grinned at her. 

 

“HAPPY YOOJUNG DAY”, Somi yelled into Yoojung’s ear, Yoojung didn’t even care about her left ear going deaf. She was very happy. The older girl hugged the maknae and Somi happily hugged back. Somi felt something wet dripping down her shoulder. 

 

“What the- “

 

“Guys, it’s *sobs* not *sobs* even *sobs* my *sobs* birthday”, Yoojung wailed as she hit Somi’s shoulder. Somi started panicking as she saw the small Yoojung crying in her arms. 

 

“No Yoojung! Don’t cry! We’re doing this because I feel bad about what happened on Somi Day.. As an official apology, I asked my parents to buy the zoo? Well, it’s more like renting for the day, but still I know how you said that you always wanted to go to the zoo. So.. Here we are!”, Somi pointed her arms to the front of the car and went ‘tada’. Yoojung kept hitting Somi’s shoulder, which followed of Somi whispering, ‘it’s okay I deserve it’. Finally, everyone got out of the car and Yoojung sprinted to the entrance in joy. The guard was about to stop the crazy student from entering until he saw Somi and immediately smiled at the group of girls. They received maps and asked Yoojung which animal they wanted to see first. The special girl whined as she couldn’t choose and everyone tried to help out. 

 

“How about going to see the pandas?”

 

“No way Jieqiong! We should go see the tigers. I heard you can pet it!”

 

“Excuse me, but there is no way I am going near the tigers” 

 

“How about going to see the ostriches? Jieqiong will finally meet her true family”

 

“YAH CHOU TZUYU”, the evil person started cackling as she ran far away from Jieqiong. Jieqiong proceeded to yell at the younger girl in Chinese and started chasing Tzuyu.

 

‘Well, I don’t think those two are going to join us’ 

 

“I have a plan”, Nayoung grabbed the attention of the children. 

 

“We split up into groups and explore the zoo. I will give you two hours and we will meet here. But.. I need to trust that all of you will be on your best behaviour? Including you, Jeon Somi”, Nayoung pointed at the younger girl as she pouted when she heard Nayoung say her name in a scolding tone. 

 

“Why me? I haven’t even done anything! What about Jieqiong and Tzuyu? They’re not even on their best behaviour”, Somi pouted, pointing at the two who were still chasing each other. 

 

“Yeah..”, Nayoung said in doubt as she watched the Chinese pair. “If any staff members ask us about those two. We don’t know them”, everyone nodded and replied with ‘that’s fair’. 

 

—— 

 

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN SOMEONE ‘RENTED’ THE ZOO TODAY? IS THAT EVEN POSSIBLE?”, Mina yelled in the phone as the members of the ‘Penguin Club’ flinched. It’s not everyday where the elegant Mina yells. They could hear the murmurs of the person on the phone. 

 

“Sir, what about our money? What will happen to the tickets we bought

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter