First Date

Coincidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Yoojung had to admit that her first date with Doyeon was.. almost too casual. Although, Yoojung was the one to ask Doyeon out. The cheerleader drove to Yoojung’s house and picked her up, not without first greeting Ms.Choi. Ms.Choi was ecstatic to meet the one and only person to make her daughter happy, even if it meant it was a girl. Now in South Korea, people’s uality was becoming to be more accepted, so Ms.Choi had no problem with DoDaeng. In the car, the pair took the time to observe each other. Yoojung could only think how lucky she is to be with a perfect girl, meanwhile Doyeon was thinking the same. But, the weird thing was they both talked as.. friends? Yoojung doesn’t know how to explain it, it was like Doyeon was her childhood best friend and they were just hanging out on a Saturday night. There were no bashful comments about the other’s appearance. No corny quotes were recited from romance books. They only complimented each other once and then continued talking about a whole different topic. 

 

“Do you pour the milk first and then the cereal? Or the other way?”, the cheerleader asked as she kept her eyes on the road. 

 

“Of course, you have to put the cereal first! It’s like ramyeon when you put the base first. You want to keep it crispy!” 

 

“Oh um.. I pour the cereal first- “, Doyeon said as she felt embarrassed about the fact that she never thought about the quality of the cereal’s crispiness. She just wanted to eat breakfast quickly before going to school. 

 

“JINJA?”, Yoojung exclaimed as she laughed at the flustered Doyeon who was nodding furiously. 

 

“Hey Kim Doyeon, there’s no need to be embarrassed. I’m just glad we’re getting to know each other”, they both smiled at each other as they arrived at the movie theatres. Doyeon eternally groaned as she just realized that they won’t be able to talk to each other during the movies. Yoojung insisted that she purchase snacks for the two of them, but that ended up with them arguing on the expensive prices and the cashier telling them to hurry up. In the end, they both split up the cost and entered the theatre, going to their seats with their snacks in hand. At first, Doyeon was shy and she just stuck her hands on her lap. She kept glancing at Yoojung as she saw the girl was really interested in the movie. Finding Dory. Out of all of the movies, their nine year old minds chose the Disney movie. 

 

‘Here we go’ 

 

Doyeon stretched out her long arms and draped one of her arms over Yoojung’s shoulders. Yoojung gave Doyeon a quick smile and went back to watching the movie. For the rest of the movie, the two got comfortable with each other and Yoojung was lying her head on Doyeon’s chest. They finished the movie with big smiles as they walked out, latching onto each other. 

 

“You’re such a softie Yoojung”, the taller girl cooed as they entered her car. Doyeon pinched Yoojung’s cheeks and handed her an unused tissue. 

 

“Baby Dory is so cute! How could she be all alone by herself at that age”, the smaller girl proceeded to wail in the passenger seat as Doyeon chose to ignore the girl. Yoojung noticed the lack of comfort and starting scolding at the cheerleader. The two were craving something sweet so Doyeon thought of the greatest place in the world.. ‘Red Velvet’. Doyeon’s favourite ice cream shop. 

 

“Ugh, you again? Do you not get cavities? Kim Doyeon, you come to this shop way too many times”, Doyeon rolled her eyes at Wendy as the Canadian punched the buttons on the cash register. Meanwhile, Yoojung who is next to Doyeon, could only focus on the fact that Doyeon likes this particular ice cream shop. The ‘Red Velvet’ workers secretly love Kim Doyeon, they think she is the most precious thing in the world and how could they not appreciate their most valuable customer? Right on cue, the rest of the workers popped out of the kitchen. 

 

“DOYEON!” 

 

“Our cheerleader!”

 

“My dance partner!”  

 

“How come

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter