Please Don't Wake Up

Coincidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been five days since Sohye woke up. The same day she heard Mr.Kim talking to her, was also the day Sana and Momo woke up. Mina gave the three tight hugs as she cried in their shoulders. “Never do that to me again”, she wailed, tightly gripping on Sohye’s shoulder. Momo patted Mina’s back as Sana held her hand. They all frowned, disappointed that Mina had to go through all of this without physically hurting from the accident. The doctor said Sohye would get headaches from there and now because of the amount of blood she had lost. Sana and Momo were completely fine, just a few scratches and bruises there. The worst of out them all was Kim Doyeon. She has not waken up but Sohye was glad that she had not. That meant Mr.Kim would be coming to scold Doyeon, only meaning that she would get more hurt. Sohye looked at Doyeon who was lying in her bed in the same position that she was five days ago, she looked at her un-bandaged hand. It was the same hand that Mr.Kim tightly held. How did Sohye know this? She heard everything. Ever since he arrived in their room, Sohye heard a man talking and realized who it was as the time went by. The words he said to Sohye were repeating in her head. 

 

“She’s not a hero. She’s a killer’, Sohye just wished that Doyeon wouldn’t wake up right now. She can’t handle all of this right now. 

 

“My head is hurting again”, she murmurs to herself, gently rubbing her head where the stitches are. Sana walked in the room, holding two cups of ice cream. The Japanese gives a small smile to Sohye, handing her the cup. Sana walked over to Doyeon, placing the ice cream on the stand next to her bed. “What are you doing?”, Sohye looks weirdly at the girl and she smiles in return. 

 

“It’s for Doyeon. I know how much she loves this place”, she said tracing the ‘Red Velvet’ logo on the cup. Sohye eye’s widen at the mention of the ‘Red Velvet’ ice cream shop. 

 

“You didn’t— “, Sana interrupted Sohye. 

 

“I didn’t tell them about what happened or where we’ve been staying for the past few days…”, Sana chuckled. “It we can’t even tell anyone that we were in a car accident. I was kind of hoping to use it as an excuse to miss more school”, Sohye gives an amused look to Sana who was pouting. 

 

“In a way, I guess I’m okay with people not knowing our identities…”, Sohye paused and Sana took her attention off the flowers near Doyeon’s bed, and looked at Sohye. Sohye had already told Sana, Mina and Sana about Doyeon’s father and the whole lawsuit on JYP High. They were shocked that Doyeon’s father would go through so much just to cover up his daughter’s— what quote on quote Mr.Kim would say— mistake. “When we go back to school, we won’t have to get weird looks”, Sana nodded at Sohye and the penguin pointed at the melting ice cream. “I think Doyeon would want you to eat that ice cream for her”, the humble girl shook her head.

 

“No. No! This is strictly for Doyeon!”, the girl exclaimed, trying to resist from eating the dessert. Sohye smirked as she looked into Sana’s eyes. 

 

“You know you want it”, Sohye gave a smug smile as Sana kept looking back and forth at Sohye and the ice cream. “Trust me. I don’t think when Doyeon wakes up, she would like ice cream soup”, Sana raised her eyebrow. Sohye had a point. She picked up the cup and grabbed the spoon. She looked at Sohye for reassurance and she nodded for Sana to take a bite. Sana quickly looked at Doyeon, muttering an apology to the unconscious girl. She took the spoon and scooped a small portion of the ice cream. She placed it in and moaned when she felt the sweet cold treat hit melt in . Sohye giggled at the girl. She really wished that Doyeon wouldn’t wake up right now. 

 

Knock knock 

 

They both looked at the door. “Maybe it’s Mina and Momo”, Sana says in assurance, hoping that it wasn’t Mr.Kim. Sohye stayed seated on the bed as Sana walked towards the door. She opened the door to see someone that she didn’t expect. 

 

“Nayoung!?”, Sohye yelled. She saw that their whole gang, excluding Yoojung, Dahyun, Tzuyu and Chaeyoung, were right in front of the door. Sana gasped, ‘how do they know we’re here?’. She went near Doyeon’s bed and quickly pulled the curtains, blocking the unconscious girl from their view. They all walked in, looking at the Japanese weirdly. 

 

“What are you doing?”, Sejeong asked, trying to get closer to Doyeon. 

 

“Stop! She wouldn’t want you to see her in this condition!…”, Sana yelled as she pushed Sejeong away. Sejeong froze as she looked at Sana. She saw that there were bags under her eyes. Sejeong sighed and went back to standing next the group. She stood in front of Mina, but was pushed away by her own sister. 

 

“Sohye!”, Mina yelled in happy tears. Sohye had an immediate smile on her face as she was squished by the girl. Sejeong regained her balance and grumbled to herself. The pair hugged, but Sohye felt her head pounding again. Sana noticed this and quietly told Mina to get off of Sohye. The Japanese came closer to Sohye and gently massaged her head. 

 

“My head hurts…”, Sohye quietly says as the other stared in pity. Somi frowned at the sight of the destroyed Sohye, she quickly looked over to where Doyeon was, but frowned more when she couldn’t see her. Jieqiong swallowed the lump that was forming in . 

 

“Is it…. Because of the accident?”, Jieqiong holds in her tears. She was always so sensitive about these kind of topics. Sohye nodded and everyone remained silent as Sana kept massaging the girl’s head. 

 

“No Yoojung?”, Sohye paused but talked again, answering her own question. “Never mind… That was probably a bad question”, everyone nodded at Sohye. Everyone in the room knew what happened to Yoojung and Doyeon. 

 

“I hate to be the one who asks”, Sana says as she stopped massaging Sohye’s head. The penguin pouted like a dog, already missing the feeling. “Mr.Kim went through a lot to keep our identities unknown… How did you know we’re here?”. Silence. The JYP girls looked at Nayoung, who was looking at the ground. She fiddled with her hands. 

 

“Well— “, she was about to say something until she realized what Sana said. She cocked an eyebrow at the girl. “Wait… Mr.Kim? Who is he?”, Nayoung looks at Sohye and then over to Doyeon’s side of the room, confused to which Mr.Kim belonged to whom. Sana gasped and covered . She wasn’t suppose to tell anyone that. 

 

“Uh-uh”, she stuttered. “You didn’t even answer my question!”, she says, trying to change the topic. Nayoung walks closer to Sana with a suspicious look on her face. The others had the same look as they all looked at Sana.

 

“JYP could barely breathe the names out, but I could tell who he was talking about. He must have assumed I have no relation to any of you”, Nayoung says, referring to the four SOPA students. She walked around Sana. “Now… Judging from Sohye’s face right now…”, she looks at Sohye’s now pale face. “Mr.Kim is Doyeon’s dad. Isn’t he?”, she asked, staring into Sana’s eyes. The Japanese quickly looked at Sohye who nodded. 

 

“Yes. He’s in fact Kim Tae Hwan…”, she whispers, earning some shouts from the shocked JYP gang. 

 

“The Kim Tae Hwan!?” 

 

“The model and actress!?”

 

“I’m not very surprised”, Yeunjung spoke for the first time and everyone looked at her. Nayoung glared at everyone who was yelling, silently telling them to shut up. Everyone quieted, suddenly losing the urge to ask more questions about Doyeon’s family. Yeunjung winced at the lasers shooting out of the stone’s eye and proceeded to look at the white wall next to Sohye. Sana looks at Nayoung’s expression that had suddenly changed. 

 

“Her father is the reason why we don’t have a school anymore”, Nayoung says with a hint of anger in her voice. Everyone’s eyes widen as they take in the information. Sana and Sohye remained silent. Sohye started to speak up. 

 

“It’s not like that Nayoung… I swear. I’ll explain everything to all of you. You deserve to know this”, Sohye started to explain how Doyeon’s father filed the case and his reasons behind it. She also talked about what happened directly after the incident, she said everything that she could remember and then what Mina had told her when she was unconscious along with Sana and Momo. Everyone has sad looks as they both took a long look at the SOPA students. Nayoung frowns but is still mad over Mr.Kim’s lawsuit. Mina whispers. 

 

“They can’t be together anymore… Can they?”, she asked, referring to the only ‘couple’ that was in their friend group. Sejeong sadly smiles, patting her sister’s back. 

 

“When did you become so smart, Mina?”, she jokingly says to lighten the mood, however no one laughs and Sejeong coughs it off. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“SOPA…”, Tzuyu reads the sign as she stands in front of the school. JYP High was still closed due to the lawsuit. The news has quickly gone around to the JYP students about the car accident, however no one knows who was involved. The girl sighed as she slowly walked in the school, JYP specifically told her to not worry about. Besides, she needs to worry about Yoojung’s case. She wanted to find someone who could report it to the police. “Having a JYP student file in the report, would only make JYP more mad…”, she mumbled as she walked around the empty SOPA halls. “Having the unnies or Dahyun and Chaeyoung involved in this would make him go ballistic. Doyeon is a no-go and I’m going to assume Sohye wouldn’t want anything to do with us anymore… I wonder where those Japanese are…”, she took a quick peek through the little windows of the doors, trying to find three familiar faces. She knows that the J-Trinity was at the party, perhaps they were the perfect people to file in the report. She sighed and decided to wait until the bell rang. 

 

Ringgggggggg

 

She looks up at the nearest clock and watches as the students flood out of the class. She cooly leaned against a locker and everyone was looking at the girl weirdly. 

 

“Who is she?”, she heard a girl ask her friend. The latter shrugs.

 

“I don’t know, but she’s pretty”, they both giggled as they walked away to going back to their plans. Tzuyu smirks. 

 

‘you still got it Chou Tzuyu’, she slightly sticks her tongue out, still having a smirk on her face. Her ‘self’ pep talk was interrupted by a familiar voice yelling at her. 

 

“YOU”, Tzuyu snaps her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter