Court Day

Coincidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One week before Christmas. A few weeks since Doyeon has yet to wake up. Momo lets out a sigh. “Pabo... I need you to wake up... Yoojung is worried about you”, Momo whispers to the unconscious girl. She lets her head rest against the side of Doyeon’s bed. Two weeks ago was when Yoojung barged in the room crying.

 

“WHERE IS SHE!?”, Yoojung cried out as she fumbled to walk towards the unconscious Doyeon. Sohye was sitting in the corner of the room, peacefully reading a book. She hastily stands as she tried to approach the unstable girl. “SOHYE WHY”, Yoojung repeatedly hits the girl, who has no words to say to Yoojung. Sohye furrowed her eyebrows. 

 

“Why?”, Sohye scoffs. “It’s because of you!”, she angrily shouted and Yoojung collapses on the floor. Sohye watches as Yoojung sobbed on the floor. 

 

“I know...”, Yoojung whispered to herself. “I’m just too scared to admit it...”, she quietly said but Sohye could hear it. Sohye lets out a sigh and crouched down to comfort Yoojung. 

 

Yoojung visited the hospital every day after she was told during a casual lunch that Doyeon was involved in the accident. Never trust Sejeong to give the bad news, that was Nayoung’s mistake. Mina, Sohye and Momo accompanied Yoojung as she came in the room with a brand new flower, taking a chair and setting it beside Doyeon. The three SOPA students would leave Yoojung, giving her space to ‘talk’ with Doyeon. However the JYP kids thought it was mentally hurting Yoojung for her to always stay in the hospital, so they tried to distract the girl as much as they could. They still had no school to go to as the case on JYP’s party was still going on and letters were sent to all of the students saying that they had to apply to new schools in 2018 until things were officially settled after the case. 

 

“Ugh, I can’t believe this!”, Tzuyu yelled out as she read the letter. Chaeyoung and Dahyun frowned at the younger girl. Tzuyu was still struggling to find someone to send in the report on Cha Eunwoo. “I can’t wait until I— “, Tzuyu paused, knowing that Chaeyoung and Dahyun were listening to her. Her sisters raised an eyebrow at her. 

 

“Can’t wait till you what?”, Dahyun questioned as she tilted her head. Chaeyoung had the same look on her face and Tzuyu starts to panic. 

 

“Uh- uh”, Tzuyu looks around frantically. “Nothing!”, she stood up from her seat and ran to her room— well technically it was also Dahyun and Chaeyoung’s room. Tzuyu slams the bedroom door and goes on her phone, she’s surprised to see a text from the man JYP himself. She’s always assumed that he has been busy with the school case. 

 

[*whispers* JYP] 

Tzuyu, I need to talk with you… 

Please meet at the cafe. 

 

Tzuyu reads the texts over again. “What the?”, she mumbles to herself. She needs to tell Jihyo about this. 

 

—— 

 

“This is going to close us for good, Jinyoung!”, the man yelled at JYP, who shook in fear at the man’s screams. 

 

“I know…”, JYP grimly mutters to himself and the man slaps the desk in between the two. 

 

“Do you know who would report this case?”, the man asks and JYP slowly nods. 

 

“I know exactly who would do this…” 

 

—— 

 

“Ah, Tzuyu! Every day you grow so much”, JYP puts on a fake smile as he gestures for the girl to sit in the empty sit across him. He hands the girl a slice of cake. Tzuyu lets out a small smile, but is weirded out by JYP’s sudden’s act of kindness. 

 

“What did you want to talk about?”, Tzuyu asked as she grabbed her fork to take a bite out of the chocolate cake. JYP’s smile disappears and he hunches his head. 

 

“Tzuyu… I’ve been told that someone reported another case relating to my party”, JYP says as he examines Tzuyu. Tzuyu’s eyes widen and she stops chewing to process the information. ‘It can’t be…’, she thought. Who would file the case? “Yes— The report is about Cha Eunwoo, however the court has yet to tell us exactly who filed it. I warned you Tzuyu— “

 

“It wasn’t me!”, she quickly interjected, leaving JYP baffled. “I swear on my life that it wasn’t me” 

 

“I trusted you, Tzuyu”, JYP says with a solemn look. Now, it was Tzuyu’s turn to be baffled.

 

“Did you not just hear me!?”, this was complete deja-vu from the last time they were in the cafe. The two were definitely heard by everyone in the cafe. “I didn’t do it!’ 

 

“Then who did?”, JYP asked with a raised eyebrow. Tzuyu stuttered. 

 

“I-i don’t know… But you have to believe— “

 

“Chou Tzuyu!”, JYP screamed out. “Leave it for the court”, he left off, not saying another word. Chou Tzuyu was really going to get it.

 

—— 

 

“Is no one going to tell me why the case got moved so early?”, Yeunjung whispered but was hushed by the JYP gang. They all wore their formal attire as they sat side by side in the Visitor’s Gallery. Many JYP students came to witness the case that depended on the future of their school. JYP sat in the table for the Defence as the prosecutor was yet to show up. “The nerve on Doyeon’s dad. Of course, he’s late”, Yeunjung mumbled to herself but Nayoung nudged the girl to be quiet. Nayoung whispered something in the loudmouth’s ear that she would give her candy if she was quiet for the whole case. Nayoung looks over to see Jeongyeon, Jihyo and Nayeon sitting in the gallery. Somi follows her line of sight but ends up looking over to where Sohye, Mina, Momo and Sana are seated. They wore hats that covered most of their face, probably not wanting to be seen from Mr.Kim’s demands. ‘That’s weird… Shouldn’t they be sitting somewhere else?’, Somi thought to herself but was interrupted by the door opening. Everyone’s head snapped towards the back of the court and whispers could be heard as the one and only, Kim Tae Hwan was walking past the Visitor’s Gallery as if he owned the place. JYP gives a slight nod to Mr.Kim, but he doesn’t bother to reply to the man who threw the party where his daughter has caused a stupid mistake. The principal gets up to introduce himself to Mr.Kim. 

 

He lets out his hand, “My name is Park Jinyoung— “, Mr.Kim raises his own hand, stopping JYP from talking. 

 

“I know who you are”, he spits out in disgust. JYP could only nod as he took his seat again. Mr.Kim walks towards the table for the Prosecution and he greets his lawyer. Jieqiong looks over at her friends, but only to notice one small person and one of the three sisters to be missing.

 

“Where’s Yoojung and Tzuyu?”, everyone shrugs their shoulders. Nayoung starts to panic on the inside, she might have a clue on their whereabouts. The judge walks in and everyone stands up.  

 

“Please rise. The Court of the Second Judicial Circuit, Criminal Division, is now in session, the Honourable Judge presiding”, the Bailiff says. 

 

The judge sits down and speaks out loud. “Everyone but the jury may be seated”, the following people sit down at the judge’s command. JYP takes in deep breaths, sitting upright. While Mr.Kim sits laid-back on his seat. The judge calls out the Bailiff. “Miss, please swear in the jury.” 

 

“Please raise your right hand”, the jury raises their right hand. “Do you solemnly swear or affirm that you will truly listen to this case and render a true verdict and a fair sentence as to this defendant?”. The jury responds with ‘I do’ and the Bailiff nods her head. “You may be seated”, the jury sits down. The judge speaks again and it's making everyone in the Visitor’s Gallery anxious. ‘When are they going to actually start?’, Jieqiong thought as she kept her hands on her lap and bounced her leg up and down. Mina laid her hand on Jieqiong’s bouncing leg, giving her a look to tell her to calm down. 

 

“Members of the jury, your duty today will be to determine whether the defendant is guilty or not guilty based only on facts and evidence provided in this case. The prosecution has the burden of proving the guilt of the defendant beyond a reasonable doubt. This burden remains on the prosecution through the trial. The prosecution must prove that a crime was committed and that the defendant is the person who committed the crime. However, if you are not satisfied of the defendant’s guilt to that extent, then reasonable doubt exists and the defendant must be found not guilty”, Mr.Kim rolls his eyes. He also wants to start the case. 

 

“Miss (Bailiff), what is today’s case?”, the judge asks. 

 

“Your Honour, today’s case is Kim Tae Hwan versus Park Jin Young and JYPHigh’s School Board.” 

 

“Is the prosecution ready?”, Mr.Kim and his lawyer both stand up. 

 

“Yes, Your Honour”, they proceed to sit down. Now, it was JYP’s turn to stand up. 

 

“Is the defence ready?” 

 

“Yes, Your Honour”, JYP and his lawyer both sit down. He looked over to Mr.Kim who gave him a smug smile. JYP shakes his head, wanting to wipe off that stupid face. Mr.Kim’s lawyer walks towards the podium. 

 

“Your Honour, members of the jury, my name is Song Joong Ki and I am representing Kim Tae Hwan in this case. I intend to prove that Mr.Kim has every right to file this case. Thank you”, the judge nods. Then, JYP’s lawyer walks past Joong Ki and goes behind the podium. 

 

“Your Honour, members of the jury, my name is Ok Taecyeon and I am representing Park Jin Young in this case. I intend to prove that Mr.Park is innocent from this case. Thank you”, Ta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter