Secrets

Coincidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Darkness. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

That’s all Doyeon could see for the past month, but she heard something. A familiar voice. The voice of an annoying unnie that was Yoojung’s best friend. Kim Sejeong. Doyeon couldn’t believe that she was hearing for the first time— all she does is have nightmares and “wake” up to meet the darkness. 

 

“I yelled at Yoojung because of you… I’m sorry, Doyeon. We’re not really on good terms anymore…”

 

Oh, unnie… I accept your apology.

 

Those were the first words she heard. She just wanted to wake up to tell Sejeong that everything was okay. Doyeon was really okay… She just wasn’t waking up, she couldn’t feel anything but she could hear everything. It must have been hard for her friends, they must be going through a lot, especially Yoojung… 

 

“I’m not gonna lie but I miss you, ostrich. Hope you can hear me right now.”

 

I can hear you! 

 

Doyeon wanted to scream it out loud but she had no control over anything. She couldn’t feel anything, she didn’t know if Sejeong was even holding her hand but Doyeon wants to give her a signal that she was alive. In her head, she was struggling. It was like every part of her body was so heavy and there was still no reaction from Sejeong. Doyeon was just simply a limp body who couldn’t do anything. 

 

Try harder! 

 

She continued to struggle, trying her best to wake up or even move her fingers. It was like she was stuck in sleep paralysis— I guess that’s what happens when you’re unconscious for a month. Doyeon could hear Sejeong calmly talking about her day but she didn’t listen as she wanted to do something— anything. She didn’t hear Sejeong scream in shock, the girl was just casually talking. Doyeon couldn’t feel her own frustration but she could definitely imagine it. She imagined the time when she got angry at the Halloween party. Flashes of her, getting in a car accident with Sohye, Mina, Sana and Momo. Her classmates yelling at her to stop driving— if only she listened. 

 

She heard Sejeong whisper a goodbye as she left and Doyeon couldn’t hear anything else. She went back to her previous state. Hearing and seeing nothing. What she didn’t know was that she never got to hear the part where she only had two more months left. She thought to herself in full determination. 

 

Next time… I will wake up. 

 

——

 

Yoojung sat on her bed, staring at the wall across of her. Why did she choose SOPA? Maybe, Sejeong was right— she was hung up on Doyeon. It’s not like she’ll come running back in Yoojung’s arms. She heard a knock on the bedroom door and internally groaned, it was probably her mother trying to get her out of the house. She opens the door to see Tiffany, the woman who takes care of Doyeon, standing in front of her with a bag full of treats and a wide smile on her face. 

 

“Hi, Yoojung” Tiffany spoke in a calm voice as she looks at Yoojung for confirmation to come in her room. The younger girl nods as she steps aside to let Tiffany in and they stood in front of each other. Tiffany hands the plastic bag to Yoojung. “I know lately has been a stressful time for all of you… New school and…” Tiffany paused, it was like saying the name “Doyeon” wasn’t allowed. Yoojung nodded to her as she got the message. 

 

“Thank you, Tiffany. It must be hard for you too.” Yoojung slightly bowed as she tried her best to muster up a smile. Tiffany sadly smiles to herself, thinking about on how lonely the house has been since the accident. “How did you get into my house?” She cocked her eyebrow and Tiffany chuckled at her. 

 

“Your mother let me in. What a nice person! She must be very caring.” Tiffany complimented and Yoojung felt herself smile in appreciation. For the next ten minutes, the two sat on Yoojung’s bed talking about whatever popped up in their heads as they nibbled on the snacks Tiffany brought. Yoojung had to admit it was nice to talk to someone and not have to worry about anything at the moment— she really misses her friends.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Somi really misses her friends, especially Dahyun, Chaeyoung and Tzuyu. She started wondering were they really her childhood friends? She remembered ever since they were little, the three unnies came running to her as if they haven’t seen her in years, but Somi stood there in confusion as she tried to remember their faces. 

 

Did something happen to me when I was younger? 

 

It couldn’t be… Perhaps, they only lied about their friendship to get Somi’s money. That led to another question, why was her father giving the three money? Was her father cheating on her mom?

 

“Somi!” Matthew shouted in English. The two were having a meal made by their personal cook in the dining room and Matthew noticed on how quiet his daughter was. “Are you okay?” He asked and Somi just nodded her head at him. 

 

“I’m fine, dad… I just have a question.” She quietly asked. 

 

Her dad shrugged his shoulders as he looked at his plate filled with Western foods. That’s what Somi loves about her dad, he was always so carefree. “Shoot.” He clicked his tongue as he stabs his for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter