Downhill

Coincidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

AN: oh god finally 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“You wanna know what happened, my dearest best friend? The girl that I’ve invested so much time into was kissing someone… And you know what’s worse? It was the ultimate player, Cha Eunwoo. The boy who flirted with me when I went to go surprise Yoojung. Ha. Imagine if I told Yoojung that right now? I’m sure she would be a heartbroken as me”, everyone was in shock hearing this. They were also getting scared as Doyeon started to laugh crazily. 

 

“Doyeon. Pull over. Now.”, Momo strictly said. 

 

“I can’t. I think my hands are glued to the wheel from how tight I’ve been gripping on it”, Momo looked at Doyeon’s hands and they were pale white from holding onto the wheel so tight. Her veins were popping out and Momo looked over at Sana, who had the same worried look. Momo looked down and saw that Sana still had ‘911’ dialled on her phone. Sohye turned around to see the three numbers on the bright screen of Sana’s phone. Sohye quickly turned back to face the front, breathing heavily. 

 

“Doyeon. Please do what Momo says”, Sohye said with a firm voice, leaning her head back on the carseat. 

 

“Doyeon”, Sohye kept repeating. 

 

“Doyeon” 

 

“Doyeon”

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

“LOOK OUT—  “, the car flipped over from the impact of the others person’s car. Everyone was hanging upside down and unconscious, except for one person. Mina started to cry as she felt Sana and Momo’s limp bodies on her. They were covered in scratches from the shattered glass of the broken windows. She looked at Doyeon through the mirror, her face was covered by the airbag but she saw the blood that was pouring out of her head. Her heart broke more when she saw Sohye unconscious but it looked as if she was peacefully sleeping. She saw Sana’s phone facing down on the car’s ceiling. With all of her energy, she slowly lifted her arm from behind the seatbelt and picked it up. She groaned in pain as she tried to move her arm. Mina saw that it had already dialled ‘911’ and pressed the call button. 

 

‘This is 911— ‘ 

 

Mina dropped the phone on the car ceiling. She continued to cry until she unexpectedly fainted from being upside down for too long and all of the alcohol she consumed had taken its toll on her, leaving the person on the phone unanswered. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

—— 

 

“Can we please go Doyeon?”, Sohye begged as she clasped her hands, pouting her lips at the taller girl. Doyeon giggled at the sight of Sohye tilting her head way back so that their eyes would meet. Doyeon nodded and the two girls eagerly grabbed each other’s hand as they ran inside the amusement park. 

 

“Look. It’s Mina, Sana and Momo!”, Sohye shouted as Mina turned around to hear a familiar voice. Mina waved at Sohye and Sana turned around, noticing the two SOPA juniors approaching them. Meanwhile, Momo was engulfing a corndog, not bothering to pay attention. 

 

“Yah Momo!”, Sana slapped Momo’s back, causing the latter to choke on her corndog. “Greet our juniors”, Sana glared at her and gave a devious smile to Doyeon and Sohye. There were side conversations going all over the place and it was hard for Doyeon to catch up and listen to what everyone was talking about. All the cheerleader could hear were the words “rollercoaster” and “together”. The next thing she knows is she’s sitting in the very front seat of a rollercoaster. She looked beside her to see Sohye sitting next to her. The penguin was grinning, showing her single dimple. 

 

“Sohye!? How did we get here?”, Doyeon panicked as she tried to push up the safety bar, but it was already locked. Sohye continued to smile as she turned around to look at Momo, Sana, and Mina, who were sitting behind them. 

 

“Isn’t our Doyeon funny?”, they all laughed as if it was the funniest thing Sohye has said in years. Doyeon remained blank as she watched her friends laugh. She kept turning around in her seat and observing the location. This was one of the tallest rollercoasters in the park. How does Doyeon know this? She really has no clue… Doyeon saw that the sun was shining brightly, glowing everyone’s pale skin. She was now frightened at the sight of her pale friends. 

 

“Doyeon, are you okay? You look a little pale?”, Sohye asked, still smiling ear to ear. Doyen’s eyes widen as everything around her started to get brighter and brighter. 

 

“Me!?”, Doyeon pointed at the others. “You’re the one who doesn’t look okay!?”, Doyeon shouted at the top of her lungs. She felt the ride start to move slowly to the top. The Japanese line laughed at her as if they weren’t concerned about Doyeon’s wellbeing. 

 

“It’s okay, Doyeon…”, she felt Momo pat her back. “Take in the moment, this might be the last time we’ll see each other.” 

 

‘The last time?’ , the girl started to freak out as the words repeated in her head. What was Momo talking about? She kept tossing and turning in her seat, hoping that the safety bar would unlock. Doyeon could feel the pressure pulling her weight back as they arrived at the very top of the rollercoaster. In the background, she could hear the cheerful laughter from Sana, Mina was saying that being at the top was her favourite part and Momo was agreeing with her. Doyeon’s head feels dizzy. 

 

‘this has to be a dream’ 

 

The rollercoaster was on the very tip, one little movement and the whole ride could drop to the very bottom. Doyeon inhaled a sharp breath, not wanting the ride to drop. She felt Sohye grab her hand as they locked eyes with each other.

 

“Kim Doyeon, I’m sorry for everything.”

 

‘why is Sohye saying this to me?’ 

 

“Sohye… I’m sorry for everything too”, Doyeon frowned as she felt tears trickling down her cheek. ‘why am I saying this? why am I apologizing?’, Doyeon thought, still confused too what was happening. It was like the girl had no control over her actions. The two best friends kept staring into each other’s eyes as they felt the ride drop to the very bottom, where it was pitch black. 

 

At that moment, Doyeon realized the reason why she apologized to Sohye but when she tried to scream, wouldn’t let her. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

——

 

“I am here in front of JYP High, where the school is now unexpectedly closed under the school board’s authorities”, a well-dressed man looked at the camera as he held a mic. Nayoung peeped through the windows from inside the school. She saw the press was everywhere and gave a look of pity as she saw JYP burying his face in his hands on his office desk. “There is an apparent case filed by an anonymous family, stating that the family is suing the school board and JYP because of a deadly car accident that had occurred after the principal, Park Jinyoung’s Halloween party. The family who had filed the case wishes to stay anonymous, but there are rumours saying that it is a family of wealthy models. There is no information on the well-being or identity of the students, but we pray that they are in good conditions. Will the school board allow JYP High to stay? This has been Yoo Jae Suk and stay tuned for more information.” JYP has been confined in the school office for days ever since he got a call about the car accident. After JYP urgently called Nayoung, she managed to sneak past the news reporters and climb through an open window. The worst part out of all of this is they’re not even his students… JYP grabbed the nearest water bottle on his desk and threw it across the room. He began to scream as Nayoung backed up, trying not to get involved in his rage. ‘This wasn’t the first time he threw something’, Nayoung thought as she looked over at the cracked mug beside her feet. 

 

“Mr.Park?”, Nayoung asked, stopping JYP from his rage. “You never told me the identity of the girls?”, Nayoung hesitantly asked, she knew it was a sensitive question to ask. He lets out a sigh, almost breathing out the names out of his mouth. Nayoung remains frozen in her spot as his words repeated in her head. 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Mina cried and cried, she was sitting on a chair in the same room where her two best friends were lying unconscious. The nurses took off their Halloween costumes and put the two in gowns. They offered Mina extra clothes, and she gladfully took it. Every time she looks at her pirate costume, she is reminded of the memory of her friends hanging upside down in the car, with blood dripping down their bodies. She was the least affected from the car accident, however, she did have a massive hangover, but that’s not going to stop her from worrying about her friends. She couldn’t dare to go in Doyeon and Sohye’s room, knowing that they were in a more worst condition than her friends. 

 

“Why?”, Mina wailed out, the room was silent other than the beeping of the two heart monitors. She stood up from her chair, contemplating on opening the door. 

 

‘should I go visit them?’, she gripped the doorknob tightly and felt the doorknob twisting. She gasped and immediately backed up, there she saw a woman she saw earlier visiting Doyeon and Sohye. Mina bows and the latter returns it. 

 

“I’m sorry… I just wanted to say my prayers to your friends…”, the woman says and Mina nodded, she stepped aside letting the woman in the room. The woman kneeled in between the two medical beds and clasped her hands together, muttering the prayer in English. Mina could understand everything the woman was saying since she was born in Texas. The woman finished with an ‘amen’ and Mina quietly whispers it to herself and the woman’s head snapped at Mina. 

 

“You know how to speak English?”, the woman asks and the ballerina nods. The woman fondly smiles at her and she stood up to give Mina a handshake. “My name is Tiffany. I’m Doyeon’s…”, she paused trying to figure out what Doyeon would want her to say. “I’m her caretaker”, Mina nods and shakes Tiffany’s hand. 

 

“My name is Mina, I go to SOPA”, Mina slightly smiles and Tiffany returns it. “I’m really sorry about what happened to Doyeon and Sohye… Is she okay?”, Mina asks with hopeful eyes. Tiffany knew who she was referring to, she looked at the ground. 

 

“I-i… I don’t know”, she stutters, trying not to break into tears. Mina sadly nods her head and looks at Sana and Momo. She is suddenly reminded of what happened last night. Mina gasps in shock. Tiffany looks at Mina with her eyes widened. 

 

“Something happened… I think Yoojung cheated on Doyeon”, now it was Tiffany’s turn to gasp. The nicest girl in the world cheated on Doyeon? Mina continued, “Doyeon freaked out and she forced all of us to get in the car. I’ve never seen her act like that… Is there something I don’t know about Doyeon?”, Mina asks with sad eyes. Tiffany swallows the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter