You Have to Text the Girl

Coincidence
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

It has been 3 days since the JYP gang first met Sohye and Doyeon. And Yoojung has not texted Kim Doyeon. Sohye is frustrated at the shy girl and wishes that she will initiate a conservation. The penguin also feels bad that she is literally texting everyone and Doyeon is all left out, not even knowing that Sohye gave her number to Yoojung. Currently, the girl is at school and just finished a meeting in the ‘Penguin Club’ where all penguin enthusiasts/penguin lookalikes meet together.. Sohye doesn’t know why she’s in the club, but somehow she was pulled in. 

 

“See you later Sohye!”, Myoui Mina waved at the girl and Sohye returned the goodbye. 

 

As she walked down out of the class and down the halls, the girl returned to her thoughts and started to think of a plan on how to convince Yoojung to text Doyeon first. 

 

[Sejeong] 

Sohye! We're thinking of meeting you and Doyeon again, when should we hang out?

 

Sohye thought it was weird how formal her and Sejeong are, but as time goes by, she knows that will change. She thought of when would Doyeon be available and replied to Sejeong’s text. That’s right. Sohye knows Doyeon’s whole schedule. The taller girl would always talk about how busy she is with cheer and dance, so Sohye always tries to find the time that Doyeon will be available so that they can hang out. 

 

‘I should probably ask Doyeon if she wants to hangout with the JYP girls.. Nahhh’, Sohye waved her hands down like it wasn’t a big deal to ask Doyeon if she wants to hang out with her future girlfriend. Yeah.. No big deal. Sohye will just find a time when Doyeon is available and force her to come hangout. 

 

The girl was walking on the way home, when she hears a familiar intro to a song that is playing from a music store. Sohye groans as she starts walking faster, but it seems that the song is just getting louder and louder. 

 

‘oneureun waenji jami an wayo’ 

 

‘jibe gagi sirheoyo ireohge isseumyeon’ 

 

Every time Sohye hears this song, she is reminded of the time she tried out to be a cheerleader.  

 

Tried. 

 

——

 

Sohye was a new student in the school, immediately there were rumours that Sohye is the head of the school board’s daughter. The main reason to why the SOPA students started this rumour is that they couldn’t see the talent Sohye had. Sohye had to admit that she was not musically talented, she can’t dance and she definitely can’t hold a note longer than 2 seconds. Honestly, she would like to think that SOPA saw potential in her and Sohye was accepted for her hard work. She wanted to prove everyone that she was talented, so Sohye decided to audition/tryout for every activity at the school. 

 

“Sorry, but the choir is full. Maybe join next year?”

 

“Dance club is hard work and dedication. You should focus on settling in SOPA” 

 

“Are you Japanese?”, Momo asked Sohye. 

 

“..what?” 

 

“You need to at least know some Japanese to join our Japanese Literature club!? How are you going to keep up if you can’t understand what the first word says? Sorry Sohye. But, I do hope you find something” (AN: I literally couldn’t think of any other club. I’m so sorry) 

 

The whole day Sohye was gloomy, but she did appreciate when Momo suggested for her to tryout for the cheer squad.

 

“Right now, we’re a bit short on girls because we have had some.. ‘Accidents’. But, you should definitely try out!” 

 

The next day, Sohye came to the tryouts and saw Momo standing next to who she assumed were the other cheerleaders, as they both smiled at each other. The tall girl standing next to Momo cleared to catch everyone’s attention.

 

“We will begin the tryouts in five minutes, please warm up in the remaining time”, the girl spoke in a soft voice and everyone was amazed with her visuals. No. Sohye is not in love. She is simply admiring a cheerleader as if she was a Korean model. Don’t be assuming . She saw that the girl was talking animatedly with Momo and heard Momo say the tall girl’s name. Sohye took deep breaths as she tried to remember the dance that she learnt last night.

 

‘You can do this Sohye. Hwaiting!’ 

 

“Okay, time’s up. How about we start? Momo want to choose someone to go first?”, the girl, now known as Doyeon, looked at the Japanese and she grinned as a name popped up in her head. 

 

“Kim Sohye” 

 

‘Aish Hirai Momo’

 

Now Sohye was standing in front of the cheerleaders, literally shaking from their dark stares. Well, Momo was grinning like a mother who was watching their kid’s dance recital. Sohye chose to dance to a song called “Somehow” by DIA. To Sohye, the artist sounds very familiar the name of the cafe which is between JYP and SOPA School, but Sohye shrugged it off as she only focused on the dance. The music started playing and Sohye was off to a great start. She hit all of the beats in the intro but when the artists started singing that’s when Sohye true dancing skills was shown to all of the cheerleaders and the remaining people trying out. Momo’s grin disappeared as she saw Sohye dance and now the Japanese felt a bit guilty. Sohye was really letting it go. Despite the poor performance, Sohye kept a nervous smile until the music stopped. Nobody could really say anything until everyone, except Doyeon and Momo, started to laugh at Sohye. 

 

“I wonder if that’s how she got in this school”, the people trying out laughed as Sohye could feel the tears building up. 

 

Doyeon couldn’t watch the girl be teased, “SILENCE”. Everyone froze as the soft cheerleader’s yell echoed through the whole gym. Even Momo didn’t expect Doyeon to yell in today’s tryouts. 

 

“If one of you start laughing at this girl again, I will not allow b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter