A Routine No More

And So I Met Him

I didn't know what to do or what to say. I stared into the doorway of my best friend's home and saw someone whom I have seen on t.v. since i was younger. I must admit, I have never been a die hard fan but I knew him by face. My stupid best friend didn't do or say anything either. He just stared and waited for my reaction.

I finally held up the bag that was in my hand and said, "One order of spicy seasoned fried chicken. Enjoy!"

I placed the chicken bag into this star's hands and started to walk towards the elevator. I didn't even get ten steps in until a hand reached for my arm and made me turn my body around to face the body it belonged to. 

It was silent. All I saw was his eyes. His brown eyes that searched mine. I couldn't move. I couldn't look away. Something in them pulled me in a way I have never felt before.

He smiled and put a few folded bills into my hand, "Keep the change." 

He walked back to the open door and closed it behind him. I stood still in front of those elevators, shocked. He is an idol. I knew this fact but I have never been one to look at idols as more than normal human beings. I have met one before and never gave as much more than a smile as I do to most passing strangers that make eye contact with me. I couldn't explain this sensation. I decided to ignore it and head back to work. 

It was on my mind with each passing delievery but I forced it to the back of my mind. After about twenty- three delieveries and six hours later, my boss told me to go home and get some rest. One request I would not deny, especially towards the end like this when it was slow. I raced home. I don't know why. It was barely dark  but I felt like I had to run. I had to go into the safety of my home. I was running from something. Running from what, I don't know, but I had to run. 

As soon as I entered my house I threw my stuff on the ground and jumped into a hot bath. There was a cold chill running through my whole body. Coursing through my veins and making me feel scared for a reason I didn't know. I only saw his brown eyes in my mind. Those deep brown eyes. I bobbed my head under the water's surface and stayed that way for a while. The need for air covered any other thoughts in my mind. Finally I let myself head over the the barrier and breathe. I just sat there for what felt like forever. I have never felt this way before in my life. Granted, I haven't felt much in my life. 

I came out of the bath in my robe and went over to my desk to start on my homework. I pick up my phone and see a text from Jae Ha: "Can I talk to you tomorrow?"

This text didn't have any of his short form words like "u" for "you" and such so I knew he was serious. All I could say in reply was "Lunch it is."

I carried on with my normal routine. I did my homework, make myself some dinner, and head off to bed to get a full six hours of sleep. Everyday, the same routine. Everyday, ever since I started living on my own. It was the only way to keep my mind from racing. This routine was all I had outside of school, work, and my goals.

Little did I know that that day would be the last day I could carry on with my routine. 

I woke up the next morning feeling sick. I didn't dry my hair properly and went to sleep with wet hair; a mistake I never made before. I told myself I would grab medicine on my way home. I ate as I normally did and grabbed my already packed lunch from the previous night. My head pounded and i felt that I was going to faint at any second but I had to go to school. I couldn't afford to miss a day. I grabbed my heavy sweater cardigan and headed to school. 

I was late to class and just quietly entered the classroom and sat in my seat. Min Hee looked over to me and asked if I was alright. I just shook my head in response for a reason that confused me. It was just a simple cold yet my brain coudln't handle it. Finally lunch came around and Jae Ha led me to our normal spot on the roof: beside the fench and furthest from the door, overlooking the rest of the school. This is the most serious I have ever seen him. The normal bubbly and silly goof sat in front of me with his hands clasped together in between hislegs to stop them from fidgeting. That wasn't like my Jae Ha at all. He didn't fidget. He couldn't look at me. I knew what this was about. It was obvious.

I sat on my knees in front of him and put my hand on his knee. He finally made eye contact with him. Before he can say anything, I did, "I won't tell anyone. I promise." I then gave him a reassuring smile and he let out a sigh of relief. 

"No one was supposed to know he is here. He just needed time to breathe and get a load off the stress he has been dealing with. I know you woudln't tell anyone but he's my hyung," he looked at me again, "I just couldn't risk anything."

This is the Jae Ha I know. The over thinking boy who worries about those he loves. I smiled and said, "Don't worry, I won't even tell Min Hee. She's obsessed with EXO. I think she might faint if she found out."

Jae Ha looked up to the sky and slapped his forhead. 

"I totally forgot about her. Yeah she can't know. She definitely can't. I love her and all but she has a massive mouth." He looked over at me with a smile and we both started laughing. 

Jae Ha looked over to me and reached over to feel my forhead. 

"You're sick. Why would you come to school today you idiot?"

I just gave him a smile of defeat and he sighed, "When will you ever make me stop worrying about you?"

"When I'm dead."

After a few minutes of staring up at the sky, Jae Ha looked over to me. He seemed like he wanted to say something. He held it back. I looked over to him and told him to say it. He hesitated and finally let words escape his mouth. Words that shouldn't have been difficult to say. 

"I have to help a teacher sorta late today with papers and stuff but wait for me. I want to walk you home and make sure you get medicine from a pharmacist. Plus I can make you that soup I know you love."

All I could do was smile at my best friend. I reached for his hand and replied, "What would I ever do without you?"

He reached over and pinched my cheeks and said, "Die"

We headed back to class and let the rest of the day progress. 

I waited about two hours for Jae Ha to finish his work for the teachers. By now everyone has left school and it was almost deserted. I sat outside near the entrance letting the fresh air come into my body and help me breathe a bit better. I hated to admit, but I felt terrible. The headache never left me but I was the powerful Soon Hee. I had to carry on. 

A cae came up and parked itself in front of the school. A figure came out and I instantly recognized it, Kai. He came towards me with a walk full of purpose. I stood up once he was in front of me. 

"You're Jae Ha's friend right?"

I nodded and replied, "Yeah I am. My name is Soon Hee."

"He mentioned that was your name," he smiled at me. "well if you didn't know, my name is Jong In, Kim Jong In."

"I know. Who in Korea doesn't?" I asked rhetorically. 

"My aunt asked me to come and grab my silly little cousin because it's starting to get late."

"Ya I'm waitng for him. Give me a sec. I will go back in and grab him."

I turned around and that was it. The last strength I had in my body. The world started to spin and the ground looked as if it were the sky and vice versa. I couldn't move anywhere but down. The last thing I heard was a male screaming, "Hey!" and the last thing I felt was arms wrapping around me. After that, everything went dark.