Why?

And So I Met Him

Soon Hee's POV:

It has been two weeks since Jae Ha and I started to date. We are very comfortable with each other so it was just like hanging out. There wasn’t much of a difference. I moved back to my place in this time and Jae Ha would wake up 20 minutes early so he could walk me to school from my apartment. I admitted that it was very sweet. I haven’t seen Jongin in two weeks though.

 

We decided to go on our first date. He was to pick me up from my place at 1pm because I worked late the night before. I put on a pair of sweats and a hoodie. It felt very comfortable. As he texted me saying he was outside and I took one last look at the mirror, a thought occurred to me: ‘Am I taking this too easy? Do I not care how Jae Ha sees me?’

 

I quickly disregarded the thought and headed downstairs. I opened the front door and walk towards Jae Ha. Jae Ha looked at me as I walked out the door and started to laugh.

 

"What?!" I ask.

 

“I love how comfortable you are with me ahahaha.” He exclaimed as he started to hold his stomach.

 

I just smiled faintly and let him take my hand. We head over to a nice park and begin eating food we both prepared. We look out into the now greying sky and Jae Ha begins to speak.

 

“Soon Hee?”

 

“Mhm?”

 

“I’ve told you I love you, but you haven’t even said that you like me. Do you?”

 

I looked at Jae Ha and thought about this carefully. I knew what my answer was but I wanted to be sure.

 

“Jae Ha. You’ve always been there for me. You have saved me more than once. I have wondered what it would be like to be with you. I even imagined us getting married one day. It’s easy to picture and-”

 

Before I could continue, lips were now on mine bringing me down on the grassy floor. It was a short kiss which instantly led to a smile from Jae Ha while still on me. I could feel it although I couldn’t see it. I didn’t know what to do or how to feel so I just closed my eyes.

 

He removed himself and engulfed me in a hug.

 

“I thought of us marrying each other too.” He said while still holding me in his arms.

 

I smiled. I’m glad I made him happy. ‘I never liked anyone before, is this what it feels like?’

 

We walked back to his place because his mom wanted me over for dinner. She usually does. I smiled at this thought. Jae Ha held onto my hand while his other hand held the bag full of food containers. We reached his place and I see Jongin coming into the house.

 

“Hyung!” Jae Ha shouted.

 

He turned around to see us holding hands. I felt the need to pull away. I didn’t know why. I really didn’t. Jongin waits for us at the door and lets us in with him. He didn’t look at me. I felt disappointed. I tried smiling at him but he refused to look and talked along with Jae Ha.

 

We walked into the apartment and Jae Ha’s mom came running toward us.

 

“Oh my daughter. Come help me set the table?”

 

I smiled and nodded hy head.

 

Kai’s POV:

 

It hurt so much to see them together. I couldn’t look at her while coming up the elevator. I could not bring myself to. She went off to help my aunt with dinner and I went back into the guest room.

 

Jae Ha walked in with me.

 

“Hyung? Where have you been? I feel like I haven’t seen you in two weeks.”

 

I thought ‘I can’t stand to see you with her.’, but i said, “I felt like exploring a little bit. It helped calm me down from the stress.”

 

“But you didn’t look stressed up until two weeks ago. What changed that?”

 

“Oh um, one of my members called me which reminded me of everything.” I lied.  

 

He just nodded his head and went out to help Soon Hee and his mom. I felt like I couldn’t breathe. I pulled out what I haven’t seen since my therapy sessions in Seoul: my journal.

 

My therapist made me keep one claiming it would be easier to sort through my thoughts and feelings by writing it all down and truly seeing it. That’s what I decided to do.

 

I wrote for what seemed like forever. I finally ended and had a tear running down my cheek.I wiped it off and put the journal underneath my pillow and head out to eat dinner with my beloved family and the girl I want.