Is This Right?

And So I Met Him

Kai’s POV

 

I felt a heavy feeling in my chest. I felt like crying and screaming all at the same time. I know it now. I have stronger feelings than just like. She is the only person who broke into my shell and made me see a point to living again after feeling like my whole world would fall apart. Seeing the person I love with the girl I want is a feeling so hard to overcome. It brought pain to my chest and I wanted to turn off all emotion right then and there. I couldn’t.

 

I’m older. I'm his cousin. I have to smile for him. I congratulated them and watched them smile while talking amongst themselves. I couldn't watch anymore and went outside for a walk without even trying to cover myself up. I didn’t care about anything else. I didn't care about the paparazzi. I didn't care about being seen. All I cared about was not seeing those two hold hands and smile the smiles I have been wanting from her.

 

Soon Hee’s POV:

 

Jae Ha picks me up and spins me faster than anything after telling Jongin.

 

“See? I knew he would congratulate us” he exclaims as he smiles into my eyes.  

 

I smiled back but something in me was not expecting a congratulations. A part of me didn’t want a congratulations. I didn’t know what I was doing anymore at that moment.

 

Jae Ha put on Running Man and opened his arms for me to enter. I did as I always did. ‘What was this feeling?’ I thought to myself, ‘Comfortableness? Love? Peace? Does my heart beat faster?’

 

I just layed in his arms and let myself fall asleep. I woke up to being on Jae Ha’s bed. He must’ve put me here once I fell asleep. I see a note on the bedside table with a glass of water.

 

You’re beautiful when you sleep

as you always are. Sweet dreams.

I’ll wake you up for school in

the morning.

-J

 

I smiled at this note. He always makes me smile.

 

“Why are you doubting yourself Soon Hee. He makes you smile and you know he will never hurt you because he knows you better than you know yourself.” I said to myself, “It’s Jae Ha.


 

I went back to sleep only to dream of my nightmare. I wake up suddenly sitting up straight away. I start breathing heavily and instantly have arms wrapped around me and then rocked back and forth. ‘Jae Ha’ I thought to myself. He knows of the nightmares. He knows everything.

 

After a few minutes of the rocking, Jae Ha looked into my eyes and wiped away the small tear that was forming in my left eye with his thumb.

 

“You’re okay. You have me. I will never leave you no matter what.” he reassured me.

 

I grab him into a hug to verify this reassurance. I felt at ease in that moment. ‘Jae is safe. It’s Jae Ha’

 

I walk out into the kitchen to already see breakfast on the table. Jae Ha looked at a note with the food and said,


“Hyung mads us food. He said he left early to go for a hike.”

 

I nodded and felt a little sad for a reason I didn’t know then. Jae Ha and I ate with a table full of laughter. There is no such thing as quietness with Jae Ha around. We headed off to school as we did everyday since we met.

 

Closer to school, Jae Ha grabbed hold of my hand and continued to walk.


“What are you doing?” I asked him.

 

“Showing the whole world that I am in love with you. I’m not hiding anymore.”

 

I couldn’t say anything at that and continued to walk. People looked at us with gasps and wide eyes. I felt a little uncomfortable but Jae Ha walked with his head held high. By the time we reached the door to our class, Jae Ha looked at me and said to get ready.

 

I was confused but soon realized. He opened the door and shouted good morning, all while still holding onto my hand. Everyone turned and gasped when they realized we were holding each other. Cheers and back parts started making their way towards us.

 

Min Hee finally reached us and said,

 

“Finally! Jae Ha what took you so long?”

 

“I was blind of my own feelings.” He responded while looking at me. He smiled and quickly kissed my cheek and left to talk to his guy friends. It took all my courage not to crouch down into a ball on the floor. Min Hee pulled me away into our sets.

 

“When? How? I want to know everything.” Min Hee demands.

 

“I’m still processing everything. Give me a couple years.” I reply.

 

She pouted at me and stated how she was waiting for this forever. She gave me the notes I missed and I copied them down until class started. The day went as it usually did. We had class and then the three of us sat together during lunch but Jae Ha was feeding me sometimes rather than throwing food at me. Min Hee just laughed along.

 

School ended and I started getting ready to go to work. I close my locker door only to find Jae Ha standing right beside me.

 

“Oh my gosh! Don’t scare me like that!” I exclaim.

 

He just laughed at me as he grabs my bag with his left hand and my left hand with his right hand. He started leading me out the door and walked me to work. When we got to the main doors, he kissed my forehead and said,

 

“As soon as you’re done, call me so I can come pick you up. I don’t like you walking after dark. You’re too pretty.” he pinched my cheeks as he finished and waited for my nod.

 

I nodded and watched him walk away while continuously looking back at me. I smiled and waved every time he turned around. Suddenly a thought came to me: ‘What is Kai doing?’