How Could This Happen?

And So I Met Him

Soon Hee’s POV

 

Kai and I walked back into Jae Ha’s house where we saw him sitting on the couch. He looked at us intently before saying, “Soon Hee, can you come out with me for a sec?”

 

I nodded and followed him into the hallway. He turned around and looked at me with a very serious look on his face.

 

“So my grandmother is feeling better. Her and I were talking and she asked about you. She said how you were always there for me and how you always took care of me. She also mentioned how you became my friend when I needed one most. And I guess it got me thinking and made me realize how much I love you.”

 

I look at him and just smile.

 

“Jae Ha I love you too. You’re my best friend.”

 

He turns around and sighs. He then faces me again and looks deep into my eyes.

 

“Not like that. Soon Hee. I am in love with you and I want you to be my girlfriend.”

 

He stared in my shocked eyes. I was at a loss for words. I didn’t know what to say or what to do. This is my best friend. Someone who has been there for me longer than I can remember. But there’s something between Jongin and I. ‘Is there?’ is what I started to think in that moment. Maybe there wasn’t. What if it ruined our friendship? But it wouldn’t. It’s Jae Ha. My Jae Ha.

 

What I did next still doesn’t make sense and I don’t know why I did it. I took hold of his hand and brought it up to my face. I just smiled into his hand as he instantly grabbed me into a hug. I love this goofball. But was it romantically?

 

Kai’s POV

 

Jae Ha and Soon Hee still haven’t come back in. I have decided it was time to tell her. I know there is a bit of an but I didn’t care. I have not felt like this for anyone before. Someone I could trust entirely. Someone I wanted to hold. I decided to take her and tell her how I felt regardless of how scared I was.

 

I made some food for them and waited for them to come back. They finally did but what I saw, I did not expect: they were holding hands. We held hands just prior but here she is doing it with Jae Ha. I knew what it meant. The pain in my heart after this scene was almost worse than my pain in Seoul. My face fell as they came and announced that they were going out.