The Memory Of That Day

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My dear readers, I deeply apologize for not updating for a while. I have been busy with a lot of things. Please know that I appreciate your comments and messages. I will reply back to you one by one once I can.

You guys are the best.

And i want you to know also that this fanfic is not going to end soon. :)

Thank you for waiting. -Leah

 

Chapter 31: The Memory Of That Day
 

Ji Wook: It's not that easy, omma.
Ji Wook's omma: You have to decide as soon as possible. I'm going back to Ireland in two days and I need your decision. I need you to say yes.
Ji Wook: (breathes heavily) How can I?
Omma: (sighs) I know how hard it is. I know that, son.
Ji Wook: Omma, can I call you back?
Omma: Son.
Ji Wook: I'm sorry.. Please give me more time. I'm begging you.
Omma: (sighs) I understand. I'll wait for your call. And please, think about Bong Hee and your baby.

Ji Wook says goodbye to his omma and hangs up the call. He's walking towards his car in the parking lot and his mind is all over the place that he almost got hit by another car passing by. He can't stop thinking about Bong Hee and their baby. It's been a mentally exhausting day.

His phone rings once he was finally seated in his car.

---- My wife ❤ ----

Even if he's so stressed about everything, he smiles upon seeing her picture and picks up the phone.

Bong Hee: Jagiya! Where are you?
Ji Wook laughs. He has not even said hello yet.
Ji Wook: Bong Hee.
Bong Hee: Can you come home already, please? I'm cooking right now.. You left early this morning and you didn't wake me up to prepare your breakfast.. Are you even eating there? And I miss you. come home, okay?
His heart just melts.
Ji Wook: I love you.
Bong Hee: (sighs and smiles) I love you too. You're on your way?
Ji Wook: Yes. Do you want me to get you something?
Bong Hee: No, no.. Just you. (He smiles) Come home. be safe.
Ji Wook: I will. See you soon..
 

Home----

Ji Wook: Bong Hee-yah, i'm here..
Bong Hee smiles and rushes to the door. He's removing his shoes. She smiles.
Bong Hee: Jagiya..
Ji Wook: (looks at Bong Hee and smiles) Hey..
Bong Hee walks towards him and hugs him.
Ji Wook: (smiles) Someone really missed me.. (He hugs her back)
Bong Hee: Of course. You've been working non-stop.. (Looks at Ji Wook without breaking their tight hug. she smiles) Hi..
Ji Wook: Hi.. (He smiles and kisses her lips softly) I've missed you more..
Bong Hee: You should. (He laughs) Let's go eat.. I cooked something. Omma will be working tonight..
Ji Wook: oh, i see. Good thing I got home early.. You'll be all alone..
Bong Hee: (nods) But later after we eat...can we go out?! This house feels suffocating.. I haven't been out for a while..
Ji Wook: But it's late.. You sure? Where do you wanna go?
Bong Hee: Anywhere. I just need fresh air, that's all. And they say walking is good for the baby, like an exercise!
Ji Wook: Sure.. And there are cherry blossom petals everywhere. (smiles) You'll love it.
Bong Hee: Wow. (smiles) I didn't even notice the change of season! What's wrong with me?! (Frowns)
Ji Wook: (laughs) Bong Hee, nothing is wrong with you.. (He kisses her again) Dinner, please?
Bong Hee: Right!!



 

-------
Bong Hee: Ahh, it's so cold!!
Ji Wook: I told you. You should've worn the other jacket I bought you last week. It's warmer.
Bong Hee: Geez. it's cold but it's not like i'm going to die.
Ji Wook: (frowns) Noh Bong Hee!
Bong Hee: Oops. Sorry. (She gives him a peace sign and tries to smile. She knows how much he hates it when she talks about death, murder, etc but sometimes she tends to forget.)
Ji Wook: Aisht.
Bong Hee laughs. She clings her arm with his and rubs her cheek over his shoulder. It made him smile.

Bong Hee: Now i'm warm enough. (she smiles)
The smiles won't leave their faces.




 

Bong Hee: Jagiya?
Ji Wook: Hmm?
Bong Hee: You remember this place, right?
Ji Wook: Of course. How can I forget?
Bong Hee: (smiles) Whenever I pass by this place, I remember your face that night.
Ji Wook: Yeah, right. I looked like a scared cat. I was just nervous, okay?! I didn't know if you'll accept me!
Bong Hee: (laughs) Goodness, no!
Ji Wook: (laughs) then what?!

Bong Hee holds his hand and intertwines their fingers as they walk. He tightens his hold on her hand and brushes her thumb with his.

"I will love you forever."

Bong Hee remembers and smiles.

Bong Hee: It was the happiest day of my life, you know? When you told me you're going to love me forever.. I felt like my heart was going to burst because I was so happy that I couldn't contain it..
Ji Wook remembers and smiles, too. He looks at her as they walk. She's smiling and he can see that she's trying not to cry.

Bong Hee: Those days..before you proposed.. I was worried...or rather...scared.
Ji Wook: W-What?! Why?!
Bong Hee: (tries to smile) You were really busy back t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter