New Beginnings

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 22: New Beginnings

 


Ji Wook: Bong Hee!
Eun Hyuk: Oh, Ji Wook, you're here already..
Ji Wook: (bows) Where's Bong Hee? What happened?
Eun Hyuk: She just fainted.. But she's okay now.
Ji Wook: (breathes) God, what a relief.. It's really a bad idea for her to go to back to work this soon! Where is she?!
Eun Hyuk: She's inside and sleeping in the sofa. Go ahead.
Ji Wook: (nods) Thank you.


He goes inside immediately and finds Bong Hee sleeping in the sofa. She started working again, together with Mr. Byun & Eun Hyuk. They are renting a small office space somewhere in the city, near Ji Wook's office.

He sits beside her. Good thing the sofa is quite big that it could fit two people. Bong Hee looks like she's enjoying her sleep.

Ji Wook doesn't want to disturb her so he fought the urge to wake her up. But it wasn't long and Bong Hee is already awake.

Bong Hee: Ji Wook.. (She sits up) What are you doing here?
Ji Wook: Jagiya...what happened? (He holds her hands) Eun Hyuk called me and said that you fainted. How are you feeling? Do you want me to take you to the hospital?
Bong Hee: Jagiya..no, you don't have to. I'm okay..
Ji Wook: Do you really need to go back to work? I'll talk to Eun Hyuk and my dad..
Bong Hee: No. I'm fine. pls don't worry. Maybe it's just because of the weather..
Ji Wook: Please let me take you to the hospital..
Bong Hee: Prosecutor Noh. (Smiles and holds his face with both hands) You're overreacting again. I'm fine.
Ji Wook: How can I not worry? It wasn't even a month when you woke up. What if-
Bong Hee: jagiya.. I'm okay. Trust me.
Ji Wook: (sighs) Alright. But please, let me take you home.
Bong Hee: Okay.
Ji Wook: Did you eat lunch?
Bong Hee: I did.

"Wookie! You're here?!"

Both of them looks at the door and sees Cha Yoo Jung & Ji Eun Hyuk standing there watching them.

Ji Wook: Prosecutor Cha. (Bows)
Bong Hee: Yah, why are you still calling him Wookie?!
Yoo Jung: Geez, it's not like I call him sweetheart! I already have my sweetheart here. (Looks at Eun Hyuk and winks. Eun Hyuk is close to blushing.) By the way, what happened to you?!
Bong Hee: It's nothing.
Yoo Jung: Really.
Bong Hee: Yeah..maybe it's just the weather.
Yoo Jung: (smiles) You're not pregnant? Seriously?

 

 

 

Bong Hee and Ji Wook: What!
Yoo Jung: Huh? I thought you're pregnant! I mean you fainted and..
Eun Hyuk: Cha Yoo Jung! When a woman faints it doesn't automatically means that she's pregnant! (Looks at Ji Wook) I'm sorry...sometimes she just speaks without thinking, I'm really sorry..
Yoo Jung: What if she's really pregnant?!
Ji Wook: (looks at Bong Hee) Really?! (He's still so shocked)
Bong Hee: I-I don't know.. Really...


*****


At the Noh's.


Ji Wook: Result?!
Bong Hee: Jagiya, I still have a minute to go. Will you calm down? You're freaking me out!
Ji Wook:

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter