Missing You

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 11

 

 

 

 

 

Bong Hee: He's not here yet.

Bong Hee's omma: Wow. He's really working hard, huh.

Bong Hee: Yeah...that's my husband. (Smiles weakly)

Omma: Hey, you should be proud. My son-in-law is really good at his craft.

Bong Hee: (smiles) Of course. I'm always proud of him.

Omma: But?

Bong Hee: But...omma. I really miss him.

Omma: What? You're always with him! You live in the same house!

Bong Hee: (sighs) He leaves very early and comes home late. We only talk when we're about to sleep...I'll ask him about his day..and anything I could ask..and because he's so tired he'll just fall asleep while we're talking and sometimes I won't even notice. It's like he's here but he's not really here. Do you understand me, omma? (Sighs) I don't know. I really miss him..

Omma: Oh, my poor Bong Hee. Is it really that bad?

Bong Hee: Yes. And I'm so worried about him. He's not getting enough sleep and he even forgets to eat sometimes.. My poor husband..

Omma: Omo. I'm worried about my son-in-law, too.

Bong Hee: I know. (Sighs. Bong Hee just really misses Ji Wook terribly.)

Omma: What time is it?

Bong Hee: (looks at the clock) Oh. It's already 1 in the morning. (sighs when she remembers that Ji Wook is not home yet)

Omma: Bong Hee, please sleep already. Your husband will be home soon.

Bong Hee: No. If I don't wait for him, he won't eat and will just go straight to bed. And I don't want him to go home without someone waiting for him. I decided to come here..because I want to take care of him.. I will wait for my husband no matter what.

 

If only Bong Hee can see her omma's smile. She thought, she raised a brave and loving daughter. She's the proudest mom out there.

 

*****

 

It is already 2am when Ji Wook arrived. Bong Hee is in the dining room, asleep. She wakes up when she heard the door opened. She's not a deep sleeper. She wakes up even just by hearing footsteps.

She smiles, knowing that her husband is finally home and safe. It wasn't long and she sees Ji Wook massaging his forehead, like always. Another bad and tiring day at work for Prosecutor Noh.

Bong Hee: Jagiya..

Ji Wook: (surprised when he saw his wife still awake, waiting for him) Bong Hee?!

Bong Hee: (smiles and walks towards Ji Wook) You're finally home..

Ji Wook's heart just melts. He kept on texting her to not wait up for him but she still did. He wants to scold her for not listening to him and tiring herself out but how could he? Just by seeing his wife smile like that, all his worries are gone. Work could be so exhausting but going home to Bong Hee makes everything better in an instant.

Ji Wook: (smiles) Jagiya..

 

He hugs her as soon as she reaches him, breathing in her scent. Bong Hee smiles and hugs him back, happy to be in his arms, finally.

 

Ji Wook: You shouldn't have waited for me. It's so late.. You're losing sleep because of me, aren't you? (And with that, he hugs her tighter.) And please tell me you had dinner.

Bong Hee: Yes, I did.

She lied. She knows he would be mad if he finds out she didn't. But she really just want to eat with him so bad. When was the last time they ate dinner at home together? 5 days? 7? Boy, she couldn't even remember.

She faces Ji Wook without breaking their hug.

Bong Hee: Jagiya, I cooked your favorite meal. Please eat. You haven't been eating properly for days. I don't want you to get sick again.

Ji Wook: Yes, sure. I'll just change.

Bong Hee: (nods and smiles) Okay. I'll wait for you here.

Ji Wook: (smiles) Okay. (He kisses Bong Hee on the lips quickly and goes to their room.)

 

****

 

 

Bong Hee has finished preparing the table and Ji Wook isn't out of the room yet. She's been waiting for almost 30 minutes. She has called him out a lot of times but he's not answering. When she couldn't wait anymore, she knocked on the bedroom door.

Bong Hee: Jagiya? Aren't you done yet? Let's eat.. (She's really hungry now, too. Ji Wook is not answering on the other side.) Jagiya?

She opens

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter