Visitor

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 12: Visitor

 

 

 

 

 

5:00 AM.

 

Ji Wook: Jagiya.. (He kisses Bong Hee's cheek) I'm leaving.

Bong Hee: (wakes up, but still sleepy) What time is it?

Ji Wook: It's 5am.

Bong Hee: What?!

Ji Wook: Don't get up. I'm okay. I just wanted to say goodbye.

Bong Hee: (tries to open her eyes so she can see her husband's face) It's so early.. I thought you're not going to the office today.. Did they call you? (She cups his face, worried.)

Ji Wook: (smiles weakly) Yeah. Something's up.. I'm sorry to wake you up from your sleep. But I can't leave without seeing you.. (Kisses the tip of her nose)

Bong Hee: (smiles) I'm glad you woke me up. Come here. (She pulls him into a hug. Ji Wook smiles.) Have a nice day at work. Call me, okay?

Ji Wook: I will.

Bong Hee faces Ji Wook. Ji Wook smiles and gives her a kiss.

Ji Wook: I love you.

Bong Hee: (smiles) I love you, too..

 

*****

7:30 AM.

 

Bong Hee is washing the dishes when she hears her phone ring. She dries her hands immediately and checks her phone on the table, only to figure out that it's not ringing.

She follows the sound and finds out that it's coming from their room. She sees Ji Wook's phone on the study table but when she's about to answer the call, it has already ended. 

She thought of calling his office to check on him when an idea pops into her head. "I'm going to prepare lunch and surprise him." She smiles. She realized she hasn't visited him in his office and looks like today's the perfect time. She goes out of the room and walks straight to the kitchen to prepare his favorite food. 

 

****

 

Reception Area.

 

Today is a busy day. There are three receptionists yet Bong Hee is 5th on the line waiting for her turn to be assisted. She brought Ji Wook's phone along with the lunch she prepared for him.

When it's finally her turn, she smiles as she approaches one of the receptionists.

Bong Hee: Annyeong! I'm here to visit Prosecutor Noh Ji Wook. I'm his wife.

Receptionist: (rolls her eyes) Oh, not again.

Bong Hee: (surprised by the receptionist's reaction) Excuse me?

Receptionist: (faces the other receptionists) Here comes another fan of Prosecutor Noh. Tsk, tsk.

Bong Hee: (tries to calm down. She smiles.) I'm Noh Bong Hee. Yes, I'm a fan of Prosecutor Noh, but I'm also his wife.

Receptionist: Look, miss. Everybody says that. You're the 50th girl who told us that she's his wife so that she can go up and meet him. Some says they're his girlfriend. Some, his cousin..his sister. We've been through this a lot. Stop wasting our time and go home.

Bong Hee: (still tries to smile) But I'm really his wife.. I can prove it to you.

Bong Hee gets her phone and is about to show them one of their couple pictures even if it seems so desperate. She worries about the lunch she prepared for it's getting cold.

Receptionist: Don't bother. Many has already done that. Those edited pictures almost fooled us. We won't be getting anywhere, miss. It's better if you go.

Bong Hee: But-

Receptionist: Miss.

Bong Hee: Wait.

Bong Hee dials the landline in Ji Wook's office but it's just ringing. No one is answering the phone. "W

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter