New Life

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 34: New Life

 

Bong Hee panicked upon waking up when she realized Ji Wook is not there beside her anymore. "Please tell me this is not a dream.."

She sat in bed, wanting to go downstairs immediately, but suddely she felt nauseous. It's like she cannot stand nor walk, like her stomach is flipping and she got worried about the baby.

"Omma.." She's sweating and it's even hard for her to speak but she tried to shout so her mother-in-law can hear her. "Omma!"

Suddenly she heard footsteps coming up the stairs, trying to get to her as soon as possible.

"Bong Hee!"

And when she heard his voice, she already knew. It wasn't a dream. He's really here.

Ji Wook: Jagiya! (He sits beside her and wraps his around her.) Hey..baby..
Bong Hee: Jagiya.. (She smiles a little) You're really here.
Ji Wook: (nods and smiles in return) I am.. (He went back to his worried face when she realized she's sweating so much. He caresses her cheek.) I'll take you to the hospital, okay?
Bong Hee: (nods) Okay.. I feel like I have knots in my stomach. (She breathes like she's running a marathon)
Ji Wook: Don't worry.. Everything's going to be okay..

They rode a taxi on the way to the hospital. Ji Wook's omma is out to get groceries and Ji Wook doesn't have a car with him. Bong Hee's head is on his shoulder and his arm is wrapped around her, and he's caressing her hair.

Ji Wook: We're almost there. Are you still nauseous?
Bong Hee: (nods) Yeah..
Ji Wook: (He breathes heavily, so worried about his wife) Hang in there, okay? (He kisses the top of her head)
Bong Hee nods again.
Ji Wook: Does this happen every once in a while?
Bong Hee: No.. It's the first time..
Ji Wook sighs and kisses the top of her head again.

 

***
Doctor: She's fine now. She's just sleeping because of the medicine we gave her. Mr. Noh, I just gotta ask you something.
Ji Wook: Please do.
Doctor: It's a very risky pregnancy for her. Is she stressed out or are you having problems?
Ji Wook: (sighs) not at all.. But this week I might have got her very worried..
Doctor: I see. She shouldn't be in any kind of stress these days..most especially when she's close to giving birth.
Ji Wook: Yes. I understand.
Doctor: Alright. You can visit her now. And I can see you're nervous.. stay calm, Mr. Noh. Everything will be fine.
Ji Wook: (smiles shyly) Thank you.

***


Ji Wook's omma: See what happened? You made her worry so much!
Ji Wook: (sighs) I don't know what to say anymore. I'm just...sorry. I wouldn't do it again, omma. I promise.
Omma: Well you should! Bong Hee should be angry but you know her...she can't be mad at you for too long.
Ji Wook: It's my fault. I'll do everything to make it okay.


Bong Hee: You two. Stop fighting..

Ji Wook and his omma are both surprised when they heard Bong Hee.
"Bong Hee-yah!" They said at the same time.
Bong Hee: (smiles) Hi..
Omma: Aisht! You made me worry! How are you feeling, honey? (she sits beside her daughter-in-law)
Bong Hee: I'm fine, omma..

Bong Hee tries to smile even if she feels weak. She looks at Ji Wook and she can't help but smile, too. "Jagiya.."

Ji Wook: Jagiya.. (He smiles even if he's still so worried. He starts to walk towards Bong Hee's bed.)
Omma: (stands up and doesn't let Ji Wook near Bong Hee) No.
Ji Wook: What.. Omma!
Omma: This is your punishment. Wait until tomorrow and maybe I'll let you near her. Or maybe we'll wait until she gives birth. How does that sound?
Ji Wook: Omma! That's just unfair!
Omma: You've been unfair, too!
Ji Wook: And I was sorry! Bong Hee-yah.. (He looks at his wife with pleading eyes)
Bong Hee: Omma.. It's alright..
Omma: No. I'm really mad at you, Noh Ji Wook.. You put your wife and your son at risk. You didn't even think about the consequences of your actions.
Ji Wook: Son? I'm having a son? (He smiles widely)
Omma: No! I never said anything about a son!
Ji Wook: Yes, you did!
Omma: No!!!
Bong Hee: Aisht! Can you both just stop? Leave the room! Please! You're both stressing me out!

 

***
In the end both Ji Wook and his omma left the room to let Bong Hee rest..

Ji Wook: I'm really sorry, omma. I mean it.
Omma: (sighs) I know. Sorry, son. I was just worried too. Bong Hee's been through so much for this to happen to her. That's why I was mad at you for making her suffer. She cried so much.. She skipped meals. I felt like she's going crazy thinking about what could've ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter