Chapter 5

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 5

 

 

 

Bong Hee went home very early because she wants to prepare a special dinner for her husband. The sun is still up when she reached home.

After placing the groceries on the kitchen table, she immediately went upstairs to change but was surprised to found Ji Wook sitting on his favorite spot with his eyes closed, probably sleeping. She thought he has a trial today and won't be home this early. She's also curious why he didn't tell her. Whenever Ji Wook is about to go home, he never forgets to call Bong Hee to inform her.

She walked towards her husband, slightly smiling. She always thought her husband looks so cute when he's sleeping. He looks so innocent. But cute.

"My husband must be so tired.." Her smile instantly faded with that thought. She doesn't want to disturb him (he doesn't get much sleep because of work stuff and because of his insomnia) but she really doesn't want him to sleep there but in their room where he can rest better.

Bong Hee: (taps Ji Wook's shoulder very gently) Jagiya..

Ji Wook slowly opens his eyes and sees her.

Ji Wook: B-Bong Hee. (he's a bit surprised to see her and realized that he fell asleep on that sofa again)

Bong Hee: Don't sleep here.. it will hurt your back. sleep in our room instead..

Ji Wook: (smiles weakly) I'm fine. (He fixed his suit and stood up. He reached out for her hand, smiling.) Did you just got here?

Bong Hee was surprised with the contact. His hand is really really hot. She immediately placed her hand on his forehead.

Bong Hee: Oh my. Jagiya...were you not aware that you have a fever?! (she touched his neck and it's burning hot, too)

Ji Wook: What. (he placed his hand on his forehead) Oh.

Bong Hee: Noh Ji Wook!

Ji Wook: I-I really didn't know..

Bong Hee: God. Good thing I came home early.. Let's get you to bed.

 

---

 

Ji Wook: Are you mad at me?

Bong Hee: No. Why would I be mad at you? (She wets another towel & places it on Ji Wook's forehead.)

Ji Wook: Because you haven't smiled since we got here..

Bong Hee: Why would I smile?

Ji Wook: (breathes) Jagiya.. I'm sorry..

Bong Hee: Why are you sorry? You're the one who's sick. If there's someone who should be sorry, it's me. I did not take care of you enough. You got sick because of me.

Ji Wook: Hey. That's not true.

Bong Hee: I wasn't able to prepare breakfast for you this morning. You left home with an empty stomach. And it's not the first time..

Ji Wook: (reached for her hand) Jagiya.. I never asked you to do that for me. I'm okay..

Bong Hee: (shakes her head) No..

Ji Wook saw that her eyes are now filling with tears. His heart hurts everytime he sees his wife like that.

Bong Hee: I'm a failure. I've always been.. (She looks away from Ji Wook so he won't be able to see that her eyes are already getting red. She doesn't want him to see her crying. Not again. Not when he's leaving in just a few days. She's been really emotional for a few weeks because of this separation.

Ji Wook: Jagiya.. (He tried to sit up even if he's feeling weak.) Don't ever say that because it's not true. Do you know how lucky I am to have you as my wife? It's even better than winning the lottery. (he tried to make her laugh)

And yes, it did make her laugh a little.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter