Truth

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 20: Truth

 

 


"Please don't hurt him.."

Ji Wook: Bong Hee, wake up!
Bong Hee: Please..
Ji Wook: Bong Hee..
He gently shakes her shoulders to wake her up. Her forehead is full of sweat, she's crying, and she's breathing like she's ran a marathon.
Ji Wook: Hey.. Please wake up..
Bong Hee: Ji Wook..
"She's dreaming about me?" He thought.
Ji Wook: Hey.. (He hugs her.) Please wake up..


And at last, Bong Hee finally opens her eyes.
"Jagiya.. wake up.."
Bong Hee: Ji Wook?
Ji Wook: (faces Bong Hee) Oh, Bong Hee.. You're awake.. (He hugs her again and caresses her back.) 
Bong Hee: Oh god.. (she returns his hug) You're here.. You're still here..
Ji Wook faces her.
Ji Wook: What happened? You were crying the whole time and.. (breathes, and puts his forehead over hers.) You were crying.. I can't do anything..
Bong Hee: I dreamt someone was about to hurt you and I can't move.. I can't even go to you..
Ji Wook: Shh.. (He kisses her gently.) I'm here. Nothing's going to happen to me.. Okay?
Bong Hee nods and cups his face.
Bong Hee: If anything happens to you, I.. (Just the thought of it makes her heart hurt, and her tears just fall.) I can't go through that again..
Ji Wook: Hey.. I'm here. Nothing will happen. Don't think about it anymore. (He hugs her again and brushes his cheek with hers.) Go back to sleep. I'm not going anywhere..

***

"Jagiya.."

Ji Wook smiles, happy to hear her voice. He's so glad to be waken up by his wife after so many weeks that felt like a year.
He thought about last night - their beautiful night. He also thought about her nightmare, but tried to forget about it to keep the good mood.
Bong Hee: Are you not hungry? I made you a sandwich..
Ji Wook slowly opens his eyes and sees his wife. She smiles and he can't help but smile, too.
Bong Hee: Prosecutor Noh, eat your sandwich.
Ji Wook chuckles. She always calls him Prosecutor whenever she teases him.
Instead of following her, he pulls her to him gently and hugs her so tight.
Ji Wook: I love you. (He kisses her hair and caresses his back.) I love you, Bong Hee.
Bong Hee: (smiles) I love you, too.
Ji Wook: Can we just stay in bed?
Bong Hee: Prosecutor Noh, it's already 10 in the morning!
Prosecutor. He laughs inside.

Prosecutor.


Prosecutor.


Prosecutor.


"."
He sits up, still hugging Bong Hee.
Bong Hee: (faces him, wondering why he cursed so early in the morning) Why?!
Ji Wook: What time is it? 10?!
Bong Hee: (nods) Yes..why?
Ji Wook: . I'm late for work.
Bong Hee: Oh.
Ji Wook noticed the change in her eyes. Gone is the happy Bong Hee that woke him up.
In that moment, he knows he is never going to leave her alone with those sad eyes again - not after everything.
Bong Hee: (tries to smile) Then you should get ready. I'll go downstairs and prepare your lunch.
It hurts him when she pretends to be fine even when she's not. He promised himself herself he would focus more on Bong Hee more than anything. And right now, he just really want to spend her first day out of the hospital with her.
Ji Wook: You know what? I think I'll call in sick today.
Bong Hee: Huh? Why?
Ji Wook: Nothing. I'm just

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter