Ill-Fated

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 21: Ill-Fated

 

 

 


Flashback.


Ji Wook: You er.
Jin Woo: (smirks) Good day, Prosecutor.

At last, he's sitting one on one with the owner of the car that hit Bong Hee. Intentionally.

Ji Wook: It took us weeks to know your identity but I'm really just glad that you're in front of me now. I am going to make sure you'll rot in prison, you bastard.
Jin Woo: (smirks again) Your wife is a pretty little thing, huh.
Ji Wook: (stands up and slaps his hand on the table) Don't you ever mention her, you psycho. I'm having a hard time here, trying not to kill you!
Jin Woo: That first night. Wow. She's a real fighter. You got yourself a good wife.
Ji Wook: Stop.
Jin Woo: (laughs) Look at you.
Ji Wook: What do you want? And who are you? Why do you keep on attacking my wife?!
Jin Woo: You didn't free my brother.
Ji Wook: Brother?! What?!
Jin Woo: Song Jin San.
Ji Wook: What. (It slowly sinks in to him) That bastard is your brother?
Jin Woo: I have sent you messages. You were ignoring me the whole time. I asked you to free him or I will end you. You didn't listen.
Ji Wook: Your brother is a and a murderer! He should rot in prison. He should rot in hell. and you, two! You are both psychos! I swear I will make you suffer!
Jin Woo: You ignored me so I followed your wife to send you a signal. But you still. Did. Not. Listen.
Ji Wook grabs him through his shirt, and it's taking everything in him to not choke him to death right now.
Ji Wook: I told you to not mention her, @sshole. I'm so close to killing you.
Jin Woo: I'm going to get my brother out. We're both going out. And I'm going to make you pay.
Ji Wook: I in dare you. And the next time you touch my wife, even just a single strand of her hair....I'm going to kill you. You in bastard.

 


***

Bong Hee: Jagiya, let's go!
Ji Wook: Okay. I'm going down..

He collects the documents on his table. He's re-reading the files of the last cases he just closed. The Song brothers. He's been reading since last night, hoping to get more information. He wants to know the names of the people around them.

"We're both going out. I'm going to make you pay."

What Jin Woo said last night is stuck in his head until now.


Ji Wook goes down the stairs to meet his wife that is waiting for him at the door. She smiles the moment she sees him.
Bong Hee: Hey.. You're good?
Ji Wook: (tries to smile) Yes. Let's go?

She nods. He holds her hand and guides her as they went out the door. Bong Hee just looks at him and sees that he hasn't really smiled since last night. He tries to, but it has never reached his eyes.

"I don't want to be a prosecutor anymore." She remembers their conversation.

As they walk to their car, Bong Hee clings to his arm.
Bong Hee: Jagiya..you okay?
Ji Wook: (looks at her) I'm fine. Don't worry.
Bong Hee: After last night...I mean..
Ji Wook: Don't worry about it. I guess I was just shocked...after everything that happened.
Bong Hee: (nods) If something's bothering you, will you promise to tell me?
Ji Wook: (tries to smile again) I will. (Kisses her forehead) Don't worry. Okay?
Bong Hee: (tries to smile, too. She lays her head on his shoulder) I will try.


***

Prosecutor's Office.


Mr. Bang: Bong Hee, you're looking so healthy. I'm glad.
Bong Hee: (smiles) Thank you. I feel so much better. I hope I'm not disturbing you though.
Mr. Bang: Oh, you don't have to worry. It's a little brighter here because of you. (whispers) Prosecutor Noh is always so serious when he works, you know. It's like

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter