Safe

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry, it's been a while..
Thank you for waiting! I hope you enjoy this chapter :)
 

Chapter 27: Safe


 

Yoo Jung: Bong Hee, are you okay?

Ji Hae is already asleep and Yoo Jung noticed that Bong Hee is still awake. She could hear her bed moving.

Bong Hee: (She turns around so she can face Yoo Jung. She sighs.) I-I don't know.
Yoo Jung: Don't worry about Ji Wook anymore. He's okay and asleep next door. No one's going to hurt him. He's alright, Bong Hee. (Smiles)
Bong Hee: (sighs again) I'm....I'm still so scared.
Yoo Jung: I know..
Bong Hee: This is what I always fear, you know? Whenever something good happens, something bad is already waiting for us.. We had such a beautiful week. I was so happy spending time with him after so long... Last night...last night was one of the best nights of my life.. And this...this happened. (Tears up)
Yoo Jung: Bong Hee..
Bong Hee: (Her tears fall, but she wipes them away immediately) I'm sorry..
Yoo Jung: Yah. You can cry to me anytime, okay?
Bong Hee: (smiles weakly) I know. Thank you, Yoo Jung.
Yoo Jung: Anytime. Go to sleep.
Bong Hee: I don't know if I can, but don't worry about me. (She sits up) I guess I'll just go out and get some fresh air..
Yoo Jung: (nods) Yes, that's better. Wear something warm. It's cold outside.
Bong Hee: Yes. (She smiles)

****

She told herself she's just going to walk a bit but she's been in front of the guys' hotel door for minutes. She's worried about him and she just wants to be with him right this second. Her feet took her there. Ji Wook, after all, is the only person who can make her heart at ease.

She knows it's already past midnight but she took all the courage she can get and knocked on their door.

Sun Woo opens the door as he rubs his eyes. When he put his glasses on he's a bit startled to see Bong Hee.

Sun Woo: Mrs. Noh.. (He says softly to not wake up Eun Hyuk and Ji Wook.)
Bong Hee: Sun Woo.. (Smiles weakly) I'm sorry to wake you up.
Sun Woo: Oh, that's okay. What are you doing here? Do you want to see Mr. Noh?
Bong Hee: (nods) If it's okay.. I promise I won't be a bother. I just want to see if he's doing fine.. It'll only take a minute..
Sun Woo: Not a problem.. (Smiles) Come in.

Bong Hee follows Sun Woo.

Sun Woo: You must be so worried, Mrs. Noh.
Bong Hee: (sighs) I am. I can't even sleep.
Sun Woo: He's in a deep sleep. Probably because of the meds they gave him.
Bong Hee: That's a relief. (She sees Ji Wook sleeping and she smiles. She looks at Sun Woo.) Thank you.. You can go back to sleep now.. I'll leave soon.
Sun Woo: Mrs. Noh, you are free to stay as long as you want. You can actually sleep here. Eun Hyuk and I will behave.
Bong Hee laughs a little and nods. Sun Woo said goodbye and went to his bed to go back to sleep.

Bong Hee walks towards Ji Wook's bed and sits silently beside him to not wake him up. Her heart hurts upon seeing the scar on his cheek and his bruises. Oh what would she give to make them all go away.

She caressed his head gently. She smiles as she looks at him sleeping like a child. He suddenly moves and leans to her. She smiles again, but this time there are tears on her eyes.

He slowly opens his eyes.

Ji Wook: Bong Hee?
Bong Hee: H-Hey.. (She tries to smile)
He notices the tear that fell from her eyes and it hurts him. He reaches out for her cheek.
Ji Wook: Jagiya.. (He extends his arm that is doing well and signals to her to lay beside him) Come here.
Bong Hee: (cries, nodding. She follows him and lays her head on his chest) jagiya..
Ji Wook: (kisses the top of her head and her back) I'm here.. It's alright..
Bong Hee: Can I stay here tonight? Please?
Ji Wook: Yes, my love.. (He hugs her tightly) Don't cry.. I'm here..
Bong Hee: Oh, Ji Wook.. I'm still so scared..
Ji Wook: I'm okay..
Bong Hee: (faces Ji Wook) Jagiya..
He smiles at her and kisses her forehead.
Bong Hee: You're really okay?
Ji Wook: You're here, and safe beside me. I am definitely okay.
Bong Hee smiles weakly and his cheek. She touches the little scar on his face and he flinches. Her smile fades away immediately.
Bong Hee: I'm sorry.. (She panics)
Ji Wook: (tries to smile) It's fine. It just stings a little but it's okay..
Bong Hee: (hugs him) I'm sorry..
Ji Wook: (chuckles) You should stop saying that. Bong Hee, I'm really fine. And I mean it. If there's someone that needs to be sorry, it's me. I brought the trouble. If not for me, they wouldn't be following us around.
Bong Hee: (looks up at him) Please don't say that.
Ji Wook: But it's true. You know it's true.
Bong Hee: Well I don't care.
Ji Wook: (sighs and hugs her. He kisses the top of her head) All I want right now is to keep you safe. It's only a matter of time before they come after you.. It's what scares me the most.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter