No Goodbyes

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sorry if it took so long again. Thank you for patiently waiting, chingus!
Here you go.. <3
 

Chapter 32: No Goodbyes
 

Flashback.
 

Bong Hee: Why did I date you again? I can't... Argh!

She's walking so fast that Ji Wook can't keep up with her. He's almost running as he reaches out for her arm to stop her.

Ji Wook: Bong Hee, please.. Let's talk. I'm sorry..
Bong Hee: How many "sorry"s do I need to hear?! It's always like this. It just keeps repeating!
Ji Wook: Trust me, if only I can get out of that meeting I'll definitely will..
Bong Hee stops and sighs deeply.
Bong Hee: I hate it..
Ji Wook: (sighs) I know. I'm sorry. I don't know what to say anymore.. I'm just...sorry. Please. Talk to me.
Bong Hee: I hate that I always go second. It's going to be like this forever, right? Your work is always going to be the most important thing in your life. You'll keep apologizing and then I'll forgive you. It will always be your work versus me. And of course I'll lose. Always.
Ji Wook: (frowns) That's not true. You know I love you and-
Bong Hee: Just stop. Stop, Ji Wook.
Ji Wook sighs again and reaches out for her arm but she avoided it.
Ji Wook: I'm so sorry, Bong Hee.. Forgive me. This won't happen again..I promise.
Bong Hee: You know...you've been saying that a lot.
Ji Wook: Will you look at me? Let's go somewhere we could talk..
Bong Hee slowly turns around to face Ji Wook.
Bong Hee: We're already talking.
Ji Wook: What do you want me to do? (he holds her hands and finally, she lets him) i'll do anything. Just tell me.
Bong Hee shakes her head.
Ji Wook: Bong Hee-yah..
Bong Hee pulls away.
Bong Hee: You know what I really want right now?
Ji Wook: What?
Bong Hee: I want this to stop. (She can't look at him) I want to stop being disappointed.
Ji Wook: I promise. You'll never be disappointed again. I will-
Bong Hee: Ji Wook.. (She tries to look at him. He saw in his eyes that he's really desperate to make her forgive him, and she almost stopped herself from saying the next words from coming out of but it's too late.)

"I want....I want to break up."
 

Ji Wook: (smiles nervously) Jagiya.. Of course you don't mean that. Let's talk about this somewhere, okay? (He thought of all those fights they had when she said she wanted to break up. He's used to it.)
Bong Hee shakes her head.

He saw that sad look in her eyes. And in that moment, Ji Wook knows she's really hurt this time...and it hurts him more.

Ji Wook: Bong Hee.. I'm sorry.. I really am. You don't know how much I regret all those times I hurt you..

Bong Hee tears up.

Bong Hee: It's just..

Ji Wook: Are you already tired?

When she heard the hurt in her voice, she looks at him. She saw the sadness in his eyes. In that moment, she wanted to take back what she said...but she stayed silent and just looked at him with tears welling up in her eyes.

Ji Wook: You're tired of me? Of us?
Bong Hee can't say anything back to Ji Wook.

Ji Wook breathes heavily and looks away.
Ji Wook: I'm right, am I?

"No. I'm not tired of you. I'm just tired of what's happening.." She wants to say, but still stayed quiet.

Ji Wook: M-Maybe.. Maybe it's what's best..

Bong Hee looks away. Not just because she doesn't know what to say anymore, but because she could see the pain in his eyes and it breaks her heart so much. Her tears start to fall.

Ji Wook: I thought you loved me. I thought we're going to make this work no matter what..

She struggles to say the words. Of course, she loves him so much. Too much. But she can't say it during this moment. She's mad and hurt, and she knows that if she let her heart take over, she would forgive him and she would hug him, and kiss him..and everything will go back to normal again. And she doesn't want that. She's too mad that she lost again to his work. She's so angry, that they always have the same fight. She's too tired right now.. And her pride is taking over her heart.

Ji Wook: I'm sorry.. (sighs) Bong Hee..for the last time..I'm sorry.

She faces him again. "Last time?" She thought.

Ji Wook: Y-You're right. We should break up.









 

She was never prepared for this.






 

She felt like her heart is breaking into pieces. Whenever she tells him to break up with her after every fight, he would never back down. He'll do anything so she'll forgive him - even if it takes days. He would visit her in Ji Hye's apartment, patiently waiting for her to talk to him. He would send her flowers and chocolates even if she gives them back. He never fails to do that every single time. He would always make a way to get her back, no matter how long it will take.

But it's different now.
 

Ji Wook can't look at her.
Ji Wook: I guess I was never right for you after all..

"Stop it. Please stop it. Don't do this.." Her heart cries, but she could never say the words. She's hurting, because he knows he means it. "No, Ji Wook. Stop.. I love you.. Just stop..please."
She just stared at him, who's about to cry but trying his best not to.

Ji Wook: You deserve a guy who would always be there. Who would pick you up at work. Not someone who doesn't even go home sometimes.. (Chuckles) Not someone who makes you sleep in the sofa waiting for him.. Not someone who forgets your birthday..
You deserve a guy that will give you all of his time.. Because Bong Hee, you deserve it. a-and so much more.. (His voice breaks)

Bong Hee cries.

He looks at her and she saw the tears falling now from his eyes.

Bong Hee: J-Ji Wook..
Ji Wook: Eun Bong Hee, will you promise me something?
She doesn't reply. She just cried.
Ji Wook: This next guy...that you'll love. (It hurts him to even think that) Promise me...that if he makes you cry....tell me, o-okay? Because I'll be there. Even if you don't want me there, I will be there.

"Shut up. Just shut up." But she just stood there, silent.

He holds her face with both hands and brushes her tears away.
Ji Wook: I'm sorry that I always make you cry.. (She can't stop crying.) I love you, Eun Bong Hee. For the last time, I want you to know how much I love you. And I never want to see you like this..
He kisses her cheek without letting her go. "I love you.."

Bong Hee: Ji Wook..

And before she could finish her sentence, he turns around and walks away.


 

---
 

Yoo Jung: Is it true?!
Yoo Jung sits in front of Ji Hye and Bong Hee in the cafeteria.
Ji Hye: What?
Yoo Jung: Yah, Bong Hee. Is it really over with you and Ji Wook?!

Bong Hee tries to ignore her friend and stays focused on her food. Her eyes are still red from all the crying this weekend. It's been two days since they broke up and she hasn't seen him or spoken to him since. He never called or texted her - not even once.

Ji Hye: (chuckles) Mygod, Yoo Jung. You know them. They break up all the time. Geez.
Yoo Jung: Aisht. Of course I know that. But looks like this time it's for good. Bong Hee! Talk to us, will you?

She stays quiet.

Ji Hye: Omo~
Yoo Jung: So it was true?!
Ji Hye: Really?! Why?! What happened?!
Yoo Jung: You're this close to being engaged! I know you're almost there..

Bong Hee: (sighs) I guess we're not.

Yoo Jung: What have you done? You're serious?! But that's Ji Wook.. You said he's your one great love. What ever happened to that?! and I mean...are you okay?

She tries not to cry.

Bong Hee: I-I'm okay..
Ji Hye: Of course you're not okay!
Bong Hee: Please...just let it go.
Yoo Jung: Oh, there's Mr. Bang.. And J-Ji Wook..
Bong Hee had this need to see him. She follows Yoo Jung's eyes..and sees him.

"God, he's so handsome in that suit." She thought and her cheeks insta

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter