Apart

Suspicious Partner (Love In Trouble): Just Got Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Chapter 30: Apart



 

Bong Hee wakes up when she felt someone hugging her from behind. She smiles.
Bong Hee: You're home..
(Anywhere with him is home for her. They're still staying at her omma's house at the moment while the police is still investigating. Ji Wook doesn't want to take the risk of having Bong Her stay at their house for now.)
Ji Wook: Hmm.. (He hugs her tightly, kissing her shoulder.)
She turns around so she can see him. His eyes are closed and she can hear his slow breathing. She wraps her arm around him, caressing the back of his head, looking at him. "My poor husband.." She thought. She closes her eyes and kisses him softly on the lips.

With eyes closed, he pulls her closer. He opens his eyes and finds her looking intently at him. He can see the worry on her face.

Ji Wook: Bong Hee.
Bong Hee: (she tries to mask her worry and smiles) Jagiya..i've been waiting for you. (She holds his face and caresses his cheek with her thumb)
Ji Wook: How are you? I'm sorry I just got home..
Bong Hee: (frowns) What did I tell you? I said no more sorries, right?
Ji Wook: (smiles) I remember.
Bong Hee: Did you eat dinner? Let me prepare- (She didn't finish her sentence because Ji Wook already stopped her with a kiss)
Ji Wook: I'm fine. I ate a burger on my way home. Go back to sleep. (He kisses her again)
Bong Hee: (nods) Okay..

She notices that he hasn't changed his clothes yet and she's about to ask him but when she looked at him his eyes are closed again. She reaches out for his tie.
Bong Hee: Jagiya..
Ji Wook: I know. I will change later.
He moves closer to Bong Hee and hugs her tightly.
Ji Wook: Let's just stay like this for a while.
Bong Hee nods. It's rare for him to get some rest these days so she just let him.
Ji Wook: This day has been so tiring.. (He's happy to just have her next to him, finally. After all, Bong Hee is his safe haven.)
Bong Hee: Can you do me a favor and don't work so hard?
Ji Wook: (laughs a little) I will.
Bong Hee: (smiles, hearing him laugh) Good night, jagiya..
Ji Wook: (opens his eyes and faces her. He smiles and kisses her forehead) Good night..

----

Eun Hyuk: Lawyer Noh, are you okay?
Bong Hee: (massages her forehead) I'm fine.. Maybe it's just the weather.
Eun Hyuk: You can go home. We'll be okay here.. No worries.
Bong Hee: No, I have to finish all of these today. (Looks at Eun Hyuk) I'm fine, Lawyer Ji. Thank you.
Eun Hyuk: (tries to smile) Just don't hesitate to tell us if you're not feeling good. We'll manage.
Bong Hee: (nods, smiling) Yes..

After an hour.

Ji Wook's omma: Lawyer Ji!!
Eun Hyuk: Oh!! It's so nice to see you! How have you been? (He walks towards Ji Wook's omma and gives her a hug)
Omma: (smiles) I'm okay.. Ireland is such a beautiful place..
Eun Hyuk: But Ji Wook told me you're going back in two weeks?
Omma: Yeah.. I just took a quick vacation so I can see my son and Bong Hee.. When I heard the news about the baby it got me so excited that I booked a flight asap!
Eun Hyuk: (laughs) I understand. Oh, Bong Hee's in the pantry. Let me call her.
Omma: No, let me go to her. i don't want to bother you. Thank you, Lawyer Ji!
Eun Hyuk: Anytime!

 

Omma: Omo!! Bong Hee!!!! Lawyer Ji, come here immediately!

-----
 

Ji Wook rushed to the hospital after receiving a call from his mom that Bong Hee fainted at work. He is so nervous as he drives but he tried to be more careful to avoid any accident.

Ji Wook's omma: Ji Wook's here..
Omma made way for Ji Wook and Ji Wook rushed to Bong Hee's side. He bends down so he can stare closely at her face. Her lips are dry and she looks so pale. His heart hurts as he looks at her. Bong Hee lying in a hospital bed again reminds him of those difficult moments a few months ago.
Ji Wook: Bong Hee.. I'm here.. Jagiya, I'm here..
Bong Hee slowly opens her eyes. She smiles weakly when she sees Ji Wook in front of her.
Bong Hee: Jagiya..
Ji Wook: (he finally breathes. He kisses her forehead and looks at her again) How are you feeling? Do you need something? Do you want me to get you food? Water? Tell me..
Bong Hee: (smiles and reaches out for his cheek) I-I'm okay..
Ji Wook: No, you're not.. (he tries so hard just so Bong Hee can't see the worry on his face but he fails) Jagiya.. i was so worried.. i still am..
Bong Hee: Yah..

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter