The little things

Lifetime Partners

Proposing to Bong Hee and marrying her was the best decision he ever made.

 

They were now living together again and everyday was spent in bliss. He no longer had to miss her at nights whenever she went back to Prosecutor Na's home and only have short moments in the mornings before kissing her goodbye.

 

She was wonderful in so many ways and he couldn't believe that he loved her even more now that she was really his wife.

 

He went to work cheerfully today, more energized than ever because Bong Hee prepared him a lunch box. That gesture alone already made him so giddy.

 

He never expected that he would suddenly want to go home and kiss her senseless when he opened up the cloth wrapping of his lunch box and saw a small note attached at the cover.

 

I love you soooooooooo much!! Do your best at work today Jagiya! See you later at home :*

 

He had to look away to avoid getting his expression seen by Mr. Bang and the assistant. He believed his cheeks have been slit open already by smiling too much.

 

They saw him anyways.

 

Mornings were something he always looked forward to. Seeing her beside him the moment he wakes up, cuddling her was a great temptation he had to let go of whenever he had to go for work.

 

Weekends were his favorite though, when they could stay in bed for a longer time. She would open her eyes slowly, sleepiness still so evident in her face. He would usually be reading some book by the time she wakes up.

 

She would slowly get herself up and kiss him softly in his cheeks. "Where's my kiss?" she would sleepily demand from him and he would happily comply, responding with a sweet kiss of his own. She would smile and go back to sleep, cuddling with his torso and he would not be able to continue reading,opting to stare at her cute face instead.

 

Bong Hee's attentiveness always impressed him. They would be having lunch with all their friends, the members of their law firm, Cha Yoo Jung and even Prosecutor Na. She would carefully pick out all the carrots unconsciously while talking with the others.

 

"i never knew you love eating carrots Bong Hee." Prosecutor Na commented, their familiarity reaching the level where they would call each other by first basis now. Although she would still call her idiot every now and then.

 

"huh?" she looks at her plate and laugh. "Nah, my Jagiya hates carrots so i eat it for him." she would look proud of her self-proclaimed achievement while Prosecutor Na would look offended as always.

 

Ji wook would smile. Knowing that the others would be staring at him too. That's my girl.

 

Married life was the best. Especially when he sees her wearing the apron with her back to him, busily preparing dinner. She was such a fast learner to his cooking.

 

"Jagiya, why don't you go watch TV or something while I prepare? Stop staring at me like a dog." she says with laughter.

 

He stood up and hugged her from behind. "You fit well in the kitchen, looking so domesticated."

 

"are you forgetting that i'm handling a knife right now?" she threatened him.

 

He laughs and quickly pecks her in the cheeks, "arasso, i'll stop disturbing you."

 

He pretended to walk away but ended up sitting back in his original position with his chin in his palm, observing her again and thanking all the gods that they gave this girl to him.

 

Ahh.......it's the little things after all.