Night out

Lifetime Partners

He would never, in his right mind, expect himself to be going on a guys night out with Eun Hyuk alone.

 

Sure they've actually been friends again, to which he didn't even know when exactly, but they have naturally started hanging out with each other as time passed by.

 

Ji Wook was fine drinking with him but he preferred having someone else too, like Mr. Bang for example. Eun Hyuk was just too clingy and noisy for him to deal with alone.

 

No one was free to join them tonight, they all had other plans and Bong Hee was out with Prosecutor Na and Yoo Jung. He was so bored without Bong Hee and being alone in the house that he actually got persuaded by Eun Hyuk to go out for a drink.

 

It also didn't help that they were too competitive with drinking and he always ends up drunk than the hyper man in front of him.

 

"You know Wook-ah, i've always wondered, when did you start liking Bong Hee-shi? Was it when she was taken in for murder?"

 

Ahh, there he goes again, that nonsense questions he asks whenever they go drinking. This guy never runs out of questions. So nosy.

 

He furrowed his eyebrow, squinting as he filled his glass with soju again, his drunken mind making him more irritable than usual.

 

Eun Hyuk let out an amused breath, taking the bottle from him and filling his own glass as well, guessing that he wasn't getting any answers tonight.

 

Ji Wook drank the soju in one shot, grimacing as the bitterness burned his throat. He never liked soju, he was more of a beer person. He took some of the meat they were having and chewed, Eun Hyuk's question suddenly filling his mind.

 

When exactly? He thought of that time when he was living with her because it was too dangerous in her house and she had nowhere to go. He automatically adjusted to her presence, willingly cooking for her and buying groceries with her in his mind. He was strangely comfortable than what he expected and he fell asleep easily during those days.

 

Until she had suddenly decided to leave his home and he hated to admit that he missed her terribly, feeling as though some part of him got ripped away when she left. His nightmares worsened the days after. He looked for her presence anywhere he looked in the house and that made him firmly decide to go through with his plans of opening up his own firm, her image working in his office planted at the back of his mind.

 

He shook his head as he realized that he was already very fond of her during those days. That wasn't it.

 

He thought back when he became Bong Hee's prosecutor-in-charge, they had spent months together when she was his intern so it was natural of him to be worried about her. He remembers being very frustrated with her but it was more of the fact that he was mad as to why she was in such a complicated situation. He hated seeing her cry, hated seeing her covered in blood, and hated seeing the fear in her eyes. He was mad because there was too much evidence against her and he was scared that he might not be able to do something to help.

 

He hated that he loved the fact that she came to him first because she believed in him.

 

He smiled. Was it? Or was it that first time when they met each other again after that drunk night, with him taking her by surprise when he emerged out of the mountainload of paperworks in the prosecutor's office. He had actually wanted to decline interns for the year but as soon as he saw her bio-data, his heart skipped a beat and there was this sudden excitement that overwhelmed him. He had specifically requested for her to be his intern under an excuse that he wanted revenge.

 

He chuckled and Eun Hyuk stared at him in confusion.

 

"When, you ask?"

 

You pervert!

Her boistering voice flashed in his mind as he distinctly recalls her determined face when she accused him of something back in that subway. He was irritated at her but he couldn't deny that he was amused and impressed with her strong personality that is capable of clashing with his. No one ever dared to go against him and it took him by surprise.

 

Ji Wook smiled sheepishly with his shoulders raised up as he answered him with a drunken wide grin.

 

"Since the very beginning."

 

Their conversation ended with his head hitting the table with a loud thud.

 

Oh man, his wife was gonna be pissed when he goes home drunk.