Popular couple

Lifetime Partners

When they got married, it made such a huge splash in the news.

 

"Prosecutor marries ex-murder suspect"

 

"Ex-murder suspect now turned lawyer marries the Worst Prosecutor of the Year"

 

"Previous murder suspect steals the heart of her Prosecutor-in-charge"

 

"Lawyer and Prosecutor gets married, an unlikely couple?"

 

Bong Hee slammed the newspaper in the table. "aissshh why do they keep calling me "Ex-murder suspect"?!? That's old news! They're tarnishing my name." she sat down angrily, her eyes burning holes to the papers in front of her.

 

Mr. Byun laughed as he continued washing the dishes. "Well, it's not such a bad thing. Our law firm is b with clients after the news broke out. Think of it as free marketing!"

 

Mr. Bang and Eun Hyuk readily agreed, making Bong Hee glare at them. "That marketing comes at the expense of my broken dignity."

 

Ji wook hurriedly went to her side and tried to comfort her. "it's okay Bong Hee-yah, that news is gonna die soon. People love new gossips and they're gonna get tired of the same old news after a few days."

 

She only pouted in response.

 

"We better go before she explodes." Eun Hyuk whispered to Mr. Bang as they slowly walked away at what seems to be a war zone.

 

Ji wook was at a loss. He didn't like the news as well but they couldn't do anything against newspaper companies.

 

"C'mon, let's go get some fresh air, it's getting stuffy here." he grabbed her by her shoulders to stand her up and held her hand.

 

"where are we going?"

 

"oh, if you're going out, buy me some dumplings. I've been craving them since i saw this TV show yesterd--"

 

They ignored Mr. Byun and went out.

 

"So is this the best idea that you could come up with?" Bong Hee the ice cream that she held, swinging her other hand that was held by his.

 

"why? You don't like it?" he smiled mischievously at her, knowing she had a weakness to sweets.

 

"i like it."

 

They were walking at a park, holding hands and eating ice cream. It's been a while since they had a date, with the wedding being held and the sudden busy work after the news. It was chaos.

 

The weather was perfect today, a bit cloudy and with refreshing wind. The air was filled with their joyful talk and somehow, even the flowers seems to take in their joy and bloomed beautifully beside the sidewalk.

 

Before she knew it, the place was suddenly very familiar. The trees, the pathway of the sidewalk, the piercing hurt in her heart. They stopped walking and she turned towards him, seeing his smile turn to a blank stare.

 

This was where they had their last date before she broke up with him. She remembered how she had beat her feelings up, thinking how stupid she was for not realizing it sooner about the issue with their fathers. He had begged her silently yet she had hurt him so badly that day.

 

Her eyes started to burn as she fought back tears, it was a thing of the past but the memory overwhelms her. what should she say?

 

She felt a squeeze in her hand but she was scared to make eye contact.

 

"Bong Hee-yah."

 

She looked up and saw his smile.

 

It's okay. Let's forget about that. We're married now. Let's create happy memories in this place.

 

He didn't say anything but she clearly understood the message in his eyes. She squeezed his hand too and smiled.

 

"I love you."

 

He smiled widely and grabbed her closer by the waist.

 

"i love you too. Yeong-wonhi." he gave her a short peck in the lips and they continued walking through the sidewalk, talking about how Bong Hee was gonna storm on the offices of those newspaper companies and make them pay for making those articles. Ji Wook was laughing alongside her.

 

Ice cream was always the solution to a bad day.