Love Reminders

Lifetime Partners

She was everywhere.

 

Ji Wook's lips twitched upward as he walked down the corridor towards the exit of the prosecutor's office.

 

It reminded him way back when he and Bong Hee used to bicker in the same corridor and he a lot by making her carry heavy documents. He knew she was strong, being the athlete that she was and that scrunched up annoyed face that she used to throw at him was hilarious.

 

Ji Wook wanted a change of pace and have a breath of fresh air so he opted to go out of the building towards a near cafe and he sees the parking lot outside. He stopped and squinted.

 

It's like he could hear Bong Hee screaming at his face that it wasn't her choice if she had to defend a erted client since Mr. Byun chooses the cases and she ends up stomping her way to the car before he could catch her and further scold her for being too empathizing again. The parking lot always became a chase of rat and mouse in their daily life.

 

He shook his head in amusement. Well, their bickering was something he always enjoyed.

 

Ji Wook arrives at the cafe and raises his head to look at the menu as the barista waited for his order. He held back a snort of laugh when he remembered Bong Hee the last time they came here.

 

"I'd like Americano." she had ordered daringly and he stared at her in surprise.

 

She had never liked espresso, saying that it was bitter and something sweet was obviously better to survive the day.

 

She had turned to him with brave and determind eyes. "i'd loooovvee to have Americano today."

 

He had ended up cackling when she coughed up the drink exclaiming how bitter it was the moment she took a sip. Imitating other lawyer's addiction to Americano was never a good match for her. He patter her head, giving up his frappucino and exchanged it for hers. He knew they'd be exchanging drinks anyway so he had ordered the sweet coffee in advance.

 

"A frappucino please." Ji Wook ordered and handed his card. He didn't really know when he started to adapt Bong Hee's love for sweets. Not like he indulged in sweets often, but the influence was definitely there.

 

He took a sip as he walked down the way back to the prosecutor's office and flinched when a young girl bumped into his feet. She was carrying a huge panda stuffy toy in her arms and it was blocking her vision. The mother apologized and gently grabbed the child away from him.

 

He smiled as he looked back to the family.

 

Bong Hee loved her bunny stuff toys as well even though it wasn't really common for her age. The stuffy toy had sentimental meaning for her and he had found out that anything that had the shape of a bunny was always a subject of interest to her.

 

It reminded him that he should buy that bunny pillow he saw the other day. Imagining her smiling and kissing him in gratitude already made him laugh in anticipation.

 

He arrived at his office and his day instantly brightened. Bong Hee was talking with Mr. Bang and beamed at him when she noticed his arrival.

 

"Jagiya, you're back!" she runs to him and lands a quick peck on his cheek. "I just finished my trial so i figured i'd pass by here for a bit before going back." The smile on her face was so mesmerizing, he had to remind himself that they weren't alone and kissing her senseless wasn't really a good option right now.

 

So he opted to give her a half hug with one of his hand on her waist and nudges the frappucino to her. "Here, you can have this." he gives her a peck in the forehead as she happily took a sip of the coffee.

 

Slightly sensing the teasing look that Mr. Bang gave him, he cleared his throat and accompanied Bong Hee outside before waving her goodbye.

 

Sitting back on his desk, he smiles as his eyes roam the office. He gets reminded of the times she visits and how the lonesome atmosphere of the place brightens up with her presence.

 

His wife was leaving behind tidbits of her anywhere she goes and he thinks it's the most wonderful thing ever.

 

After all, there's nothing better than being reminded of love everywhere you go :)