Opposites attract

Lifetime Partners

It took a lot of getting used to when the four of them were together.

 

Cha Yoo Jung quietly sipped her tea as she listened to the usual bickering of the couple not far away from her.

 

"i told you back then that i placed the kimbap at the kitchen counter!" Bong Hee huffed as she explained exasperatedly to her husband sitting beside her.

 

"when i asked you later,you said you placed it inside the picnic bag."Ji Wook retorted in disbelief.

 

"no! I said please place it inside the picnic bag!"

 

"i have very good memory Bong Hee-yah, you were so positive you already put it inside and we were ready to go."

 

Bong Hee scuffed. "You think you're the only one with good memory? After i came out of shower, i clearly told you it was on the kitchen counter and please put it inside the picnic bag!"

 

"yes and when i asked you later you said you already placed it -- ugh" Ji Wook stood up and screamed in the air. "Ever since i met you, i've been repeating myself over and over again!"

 

Bong Hee stood up as well and raised her chin trying to get on the same level as him. Although he was undeniably taller than her, she would never back down in an unjust fight.

 

"Well then, you shouldn't have met me in the first place!"

 

"It wasn't my fault! You were the one who first talked to me in the subway!"

 

"Heol! You d my bu-"

 

"I TOLD YOU MANY TIMES THAT WASN'T ME!"

 

"--I KNOW!! HMPH!"

 

Bong Hee stomped away from him, frustrated that she made a wrong comeback.

 

"You're seriously a piece of work! Really! I'm still talking to you! Hey!!" Ji Wook yelled in disbelief as he walked in pursuit of his raging wife.

 

Eun Hyuk chuckled as he grabbed a piece of sandwich and gave it to Yoo Jung. "They're so hilarious, aren't they?"

 

Yoo Jung accepted it and scoffed. "Childish though."

 

"Good thing i'm not that childish right?" he laughed as he observed the bickering couple walk further away from them.

 

She stared at him as if he grew another head. You're the most childish out of all of us. She fought back a grin and opted to take a bite of her sandwich instead.

 

Seeing Ji Wook with Bong Hee was a brand new discovery for Yoo Jung. He was always that timid, sometimes playful, and quiet type of guy in their small squad of three. He was the follower among them since she and Eun Hyuk were usually the ones who liked to have fun and drink.

 

He was so insensitive to other's romantic feelings for him that she had no choice but make the first move and confess. She thought she had the world when they got into a relationship but somehow, his love was never enough. It was still the usual bestfriend treatment, and she always had to make the first move in any kind of skinship.

 

She understood that it was probably because she was the first girlfriend he had but bickering and arguments were never a thing between them. He always complied with her wishes and she was mature enough not to pick petty fights with him.

 

"Oh look, they're reconciling already." Eun Hyuk pulled her out of her thoughts.

 

She turned towards their direction and saw Ji Wook suddenly kissing her and Bong Hee pushing him away with an obvious smile in her face. They were laughing.

 

Was Ji Wook really that playful before? She was surprised at first but now she understood that only Bong Hee could bring out that side of him and they were very much in love with each other. There were stings of jealousy from time to time but the feeling of happiness for the both of them defeats that jealousy. She smiled as she looked at Eun Hyuk. After all, i have my own kind of happiness.

 

Ji Wook and Bong Hee may be polar opposites but that's exactly why they were such a good fit.