Behind that face

Lifetime Partners

"He's really scary."

 

She couldn't help but pay attention to the women who were talking inside the court. She was part of the audience today after she finished her trial and decided to watch her husband during his trial next door.

 

Bong Hee always admired him as a Prosecutor. He was meticulous and stern in his work, never leaving any holes for those criminals to get away with. He was in his element and he would shine brighter than anyone in the room.

 

"No wonder he's always called the Worst Prosecutor of the Year."

 

She furrowed her eyebrows in annoyance. She wanted to slap them with common sense and zip their mouths to stop them from uttering nonsense. How could they judge him so easily without even knowing him first?

 

Ji Wook would always wear either a serious or a poker face whenever he's working and he would look very intimidating inside the court. She understood that he had to be that way to pressure the witnesses and the defendants to tell the truth.

 

People tend to avoid him because of his aloof personality, never having the motivation to mingle with other prosecutors and lawyers. He had a very small group of friends and he seems satisfied with that.

 

"But he's so handsome, what a waste." the other woman commented in admiration and Bong Hee couldn't resist but shoot them a glare.

 

They would never know how childish Ji Wook was. How he would get annoyed whenever he loses a game with her at the arcades and pout his way home. 

 

How affectionate he would be and verbal in his love for her, often whispering his i love you's in the most unexpected situations.

 

How his eyes would look at her ever so adoringly and that smile he gives her whenever they talk over dinner.

 

They would never expect him to be the clingy type, always wanting to cuddle with her at the ottoman sofa, trapping her in his arms and constantly her hand with his fingers.

 

He would do sudden aegyos at her whenever she got annoyed and she won't be able to resist laughing at his weird yet cute attempts.

 

And most of all, they would never ever see his hungry and passionate eyes as he loves her at night, whispering his adoration for her and holding her gently yet firmly as he worshipped her with love.

 

She waits for him outside the room and he excitedly went towards her the moment he sees her, quickly taking her hand. "You came?" his excitement was that of a child.

 

"He's married?" 

 

Bong Hee hears them again as they passed by behind her.

 

She tiptoed and kissed him in the cheeks. "Good work today as usual, Jagiya." and as expected, he smiled brightly towards her, softening his usual hard expression as he linked their arms together.

 

"C'mon and let's eat together, i missed you." he happily said as he dragged her forward with him, behaving the exact opposite of his persona at court.

 

Bong Hee turned her head towards the two women who were left standing in awe to what they just witnessed. She smirked and waved them goodbye.

 

They would never expect him to be the best husband a girl could ever have but it doesn't matter.

 

They didn't have to know anyway.