She's mine

Lifetime Partners

No Bong Hee is an enigma when she's drunk.

 

There's no line between her emotions when her mind is muddled up with alcohol. Happy, sad, angry, amused, Ji Wook had seen her drunk countless times but her reactions are always different.

 

"Your wife is crazy." Mr. Byun would sometimes comment even though he himself was amused of that tiny girl who's now drunk and singing her heart out to a trot song again. The girl had an ahjusshi's taste to music sometimes.

 

When he didn't hear any response, he turned towards Ji Wook and sees him smiling widely while watching Bong Hee sing as if she was some legendary singer who was featured numerous times in Immortal Songs.

 

"Yah." he sets down his beer glass and elbows him. "how can you bear listening to her sing?"

 

"What? She's cute." he answers without looking at him and continues to clap his hand in beat with her singing.

 

Has Ji Wook gone deaf after hearing her countless times with her tone-deaf singing? He certainly had no qualms lately compared to the first time he stopped her to sing in front of them knowing how bad she was.

 

Mr. Byun shook his head in amusement. How fearsome love is, it devoids you the sense of proper hearing.

 

"Thank you thank you!" Bong Hee proudly bows and staggered before Ji Wook assisted her to sit. She sheepishly smiles at him and gives him a heart sign with her fingers.

 

He responds with a smile and lets her lean her head on his shoulder, circling an arm around to support her form. "Just rest for a bit. You're drunk already."

 

"It's okay jagiya, we're celebrating my success over winning a huge case! Of course i should drink!" she made a move to shot a glass again when he held her tighter to stop her from moving.

 

"Arasso arasso, later." he sighs as he attempts to fool her, brushing the stray hairs in her face.

 

"Take her home Wook-ah, she drank too much tonight." Eun Hyuk suggested which made Ji Wook relieved that someone finally uttered something that would allow them to leave earlier.

 

After much debate and complains, the others finally agreed and he proceeded to piggyback her towards his car, her weight now a familiar thing to his back.

 

He was about to put her seatbelt on when her eyes suddenly opened and stared at him, unfocused.

 

"Ahjusshi! Where are you taking me?!?" she complained as she closed her eyes again and wiggled her way out of the seatbelt.

 

"Bong Hee-ya, we're going home." she must've lost her contacts again while they were drinking a while ago. She had a bad habit of rubbing her eyes when drunk.

 

"No! I have a husband! I'm not going with you." she continued to wail drunkenly before he decided to cup her cheeks with his hand to force her to focus on him.

 

"Bong Hee--"

 

"Ahjusshi" tears were starting to form in her eyes and she sniffed. "I love my husband, no matter how handsome you are, please don't make me cheat on him."

 

He didn't know whether to get amused, angry or happy but he couldn't stop the grin that made it's way to his face. She was so unpredictable and cute.

 

"Don't worry, i'm just taking you home to your husband." he decided to give her a break and play along with her drunk act to calm her down.

 

"Really?" immediately perking up, she positioned herself more comfortably in her seat. "What are you waiting for? Let's go!"

 

Amusement got the better of him and he proceeded to drive them home, waking her up from her slumber and supporting her staggering steps towards their room when they arrived.

 

He plopped her down in their bed, changing her clothes before taking a bath to freshen himself up then went to settle to his position beside her in bed.

 

"Ah...Jagiya..." her soft voice surprised him in the dark and he welcomed her in his arms when she burrowed herself in his chest.

 

"Do you feel better?"

 

"hmmm." she nodded. "Thank goodness the ahjusshi took me home to you. I thought i won't be able to come back to you tonight."

 

He smiles in amusement as he hears her concern, she was still too drunk to think rationally.

 

"jagiya...." the crack in her muffled voice confused him and it wasn't until he felt something wet on his shirt that he grew alarmed. Was she crying?

 

"What's wrong??" he gently pulled her away to look at her now red eyes that were welling up with tears. He wasn't used to a crying drunk Bong Hee, she was usually boisterous and funny when intoxicated.

 

"i have a lot of fears." she started, her small fingers making their way to cup his cheeks with a gentle touch. "sometimes i can't believe that you're here,smiling beside me."

 

He gazes at her fondly, her words making him feel like a little child. He could feel her desire to convey to him how much she felt and was trying to hold back her tears and overwhelming feelings towards him. She must be so confused thinking with her drunken mind.

 

"I like you so much...it's too much to handle." a broken sob escaped her lips along with her words. "we've been married already but i still fear that when i open my eyes in the morning, everything will disappear."

 

He didn't know what to do. He wanted to scream into the air I LOVE YOU TOO!!! yet he also wanted to squeeze her tight in his arms and whisper his love quietly. He knows. He knew for so long already, how much she truely love him. Seeing her confess to him again with tears in her eyes was making his heart ache with longing and happiness. His eyes burned as he stared affectionately at her.

 

In the end, he kisses her deeply, gently holding her neck to draw her closer, hoping that she would understand how much he loved and needed her as well.

 

Bong Hee was a crazy and emotional woman, but she was entirely his and he wouldn't have it any other way.

 

.

 

NOTE: this fic was inspired by Ji Chang Wook's cover of "Like a Child" (≧∇≦)

He has such a wonderful voice, and the lyrics of this song huhuhu (╥﹏╥)