Incomparable love

Lifetime Partners

"i love you more."

 

It wasn't her usual response but Bong Hee would sometimes respond to him in that way and he gets conflicted.

 

Does she not notice how she got him wrapped around her small fingers? How even her presence alone can complete his whole being? Her smile, her voice, her determined gaze, her clumsy steps, her childlike personality, he could give a mile long list but it would never be enough.

 

Ji Wook loved everything about her and even that fact scares him sometimes. She would joke about breaking up with him especially after they face each other in the court and he would playfully bicker with her but it would never fail to prick his heart every time, although he would never mention it.

 

She was a strong presence for him since the very beginning, a force that he couldn't fight against and he couldn't imagine how life would be if they hadn't met again after those two boring years that they were apart.

 

He heard her giggle as she watched the comedy movie on the laptop in front of them, her back leaning against his chest.

 

"That ahjussi is so funny." she laughed and grabbed some snack.

 

Even her giggles gave him butterflies, enough to fill his stomach. He hugged her tighter and leaned his chin in that space between her neck and shoulders, which he figured out is quickly becoming his favorite spot. He loves cuddling with her during their free time.

 

There are times that he becomes very frustrated with her, she empathized too much with her clients and it worries him because she ends up blaming herself if the client was proven guilty. He knew she was capable of so much more and he didn't want anyone to make her feel doubtful of herself. He was always so proud of her.

 

She tends to scold him at times when it is needed and he would complain at first but he knew she only wanted to take care of him and it never fails to warm up his heart. Her sincere eyes reflected how pure she was inside and he wished that nothing would ever stain that part of her. 

 

He smiled as he realized that he was getting so lost in his thoughts again. It was becoming a frequent thing now, him thinking about how much he loved her. He really needed to correct her if she thought that he didn't love her as much as she did.

 

"i love you more than you think." he whispered in her ear and his sudden confession startled her. She looked back to him with a confuzed gaze.

 

He smiled and gently kissed her, his hand cupping her cheek and his forehead touching hers. He stared at her eyes, needing her to see the sincerity in his.

 

"So much more than you think, Bong Hee."

------