The Jealous Type

Lifetime Partners

No Ji Wook believes he isn't the jealous type. He had no reason to be jealous of anyone.

 

"i see, i understand Mr. Kim. Let's talk about it later when you have time to visit our firm again." Bong Hee said her goodbyes and placed her phone on the table, resuming her eating.

 

He swallowed his food and stared at her. "Was it him again?"

 

"hmm?" she took a pickled radish and swirled it in her jajangmyeon bowl before taking a bite. "Yeah, it's Mr. Kim again. He said he have more evidences to prove his wife's infidelity."

 

Ji Wook frowned and stopped eating his noodles. He couldn't help but get irritated at Bong Hee's latest client. The guy kept calling her frequently at random times, even during the evening when it was the only time he had a chance to cuddle with her. Doesn't the guy know how to have respect for married lawyers' personal time?

 

"oops! I have to go now, i have a trial scheduled after lunch!" Bong Hee set her empty bowl on the table and kissed his cheeks as goodbye. "i'll see you later jagiya." she hastily went out of his office, not noticing his blank expression.

 

"Prosecutor No." Mr. Bang waved his hand in front of him in an attempt to get his attention. "hello??"

 

"ARGH I'M SO ANNOYED!" Mr. Bang jumped in his seat in surprise when Ji Wook suddenly bursted out in frustration. "why does that guy keep disturbing us?!? And since she's so busy lately, we rarely even spend our time together!" he crossed his arms and bared his teeth.

 

"Such a jealous husband." Mr. Bang snickered and quickly fixed his expression when he glared at him.

 

"I'm not jealous! Why would I be?"

 

Mr. Bang laughed and started cleaning up their bowls. "You know how complicated divorce cases get especially when the other party refuse to settle." he stood up and threw away the bowls. "let your wife handle it herself and focus on your work instead."

 

Ji Wook looked back to his desk and saw the mountain of paperworks that were still waiting for him. He sighed and scratched his head vigorously in annoyance.

 

.

 

When he arrived home, it was already late. He expected Bong Hee to be cooking dinner by this time, waiting for him and welcoming him with a smile and a kiss. He smiled in anticipation, knowing that his tiredness will be blown away by her presence.

 

Her laughter was the first thing he noticed when he opened the door. He quickly looked for her and noticed she was inside the meeting room with her annoying client.

 

"Your jokes are always jjang Mr. Kim." she wipes away a tear, a smile still evident in her face "okay okay we have to stop now, i'm glad things are turning out well but we both have to rest and prepare for tomorrow's trial. I'm sure everything will be settled tomorrow." she assures him.

 

"i see, although i would love to still chat with you, you do have a point. I'll go now, thank you and see you tomorrow Lawyer No." Mr. Kim held out his hand and shook hers firmly, responding with a smile of his own.

 

Ji Wook furrowed his eyebrows and stood still at the entrance of the meeting office, waiting for Mr. Kim to see him. Why was this guy acting all chummy with Bong Hee? It was already late in the evening and he was joking with her? She had lots of clients before him but there was never a time that a client would be this persistent with her.

 

When the guy finally came out of the meeting room and met him eye to eye, Ji Wook was confused with his dumbstruck expression, it was as if he saw a ghost. Mr. Kim stood in his place and gasped at him. What's wrong with this guy?

 

Suddenly, Ji Wook thought that maybe he was so surprised because he had intentions with Bong Hee and he didn't expect her husband to come home tonight??

 

His hands itched, if only he was at the rooftop and had access to the water hose, he would've blown this guy off with a spray. His anger rose and he wanted nothing but to get this guy outside their house, he'll be damned if he lets him steal away his wife. Bong Hee is his and his alone.

 

Her sudden giggle pulled him out of his thoughts. "Mr. Kim, this is my husband, Prosecutor No Ji Wook."

 

"oh! N-Nice to meet you." Mr. Kim held out his trembling hand for a shake but Ji Wook just glared at him.

 

Bong Hee cleared and guided Mr. Kim outside the door instead. "Let's go."

 

Ji Wook was fuming when she came back inside. He took off his necktie and had his hands in his waist with his back to her. She sighed and gave him a backhug. "Are you mad?"

 

He swiftly turned to her with a frown.

 

"okay, stupid question. You are mad." she looked at him in the eyes, not backing down from his anger.

 

"Bong Hee-ya" he started, keeping his voice calm as much as he could. "that guy's behavior is just too suspicious. He's getting too close to you for such a case, bothering and calling you at inconvenient times. Is there something going o--" he couldn't finish his sentence when she suddenly kissed him.

 

He bit his lips in frustration, mad at the fact that he was just too weak when it comes to her sudden kisses. She hugged him and leaned on his chest, feeling how fast his heartbeat was.

 

"Jagiya, he was just asking stuff about the case. He's actually a very good client, very cooperative. And he was just asking about some....." she hesitated for a bit, squinting her eyes in an effort to think of a good word. "...girly things? I guess?"

 

Huh? Ji Wook pulled away as he wanted to see and read her face. They were still hugging, her hands resting on his waist. "What?"

 

She held back a laugh. "i have a feeling he was taken aback by your good looks. Really, why do i have such a handsome husband?"

 

"what are you talking about?" he was so confused with the way the topic turned.

 

"you don't have to be jealous jagiya."

 

"i'm not jealous."

 

"hmm? So it's ok if i spend times like this with Mr. Kim again?"

 

"No!" he held her tighter in instinct and she laughed at his frowning expression.

 

"Jagiya, you see..."

 

He looked at her and he could see the amusement in her eyes.

 

"Mr. Kim is gay."