Missing You

Lifetime Partners

It's been years already.

 

Was it only just yesterday? she woke up so early just to prepare him his breakfast and although it was a bit on the salty side, he thought it was the best breakfast he had in a while.

 

He remembers that short yet sweet kiss she always gives him out of nowhere while they're watching a movie and cuddling on the ottoman sofa. She always fits the best in his arms.

 

That distinct memory of her being so distant the whole day and worrying him nonstop only to find out that he we was set up for a trap while the rest of the gang prepared a surprise birthday party for him. He had been pissed and happy at the same time, it was confusing.

 

He sighed. How long ago was that?

 

He coudn't help but pace around the room in his restlesness until he ended up on the kitchen.

 

Jagiya, how many kids do you want?

 

He had nearly choked on the ramen he was slurping when she suddenly asked him that question during dinner.

 

Uhmm...h-how many?

 

She had giggled at him and continued to eat her noodles. She didn't know it bothered him for days because he couldn't decide yet if he was willing to share his days with his wife to their future kids or not. He still wanted her for himself. For now.

 

A sad smile crept to his face. He missed her so bad. Those days where she would suddenly do an aegyo to convince him to play with her at the arcades again whenever she was too stressed with work and he would begrudgingly comply. He never got to win any games against her.

 

Those times when she would just know when he's tired and stressed and she would quietly massage his shoulders that always ends with a cute peck at his cheeks and her cheerful Hwaiting!

 

Even those times when they would just bicker nonstop and he could never understand what he did wrong. He figured out a sudden kiss worked better than an empty sorry, she would always end up fighting a smile and stomping away from him murmuring how it was so unfair.

 

How did he ever allow her to slip away from his reach? To leave him alone in that lonely house that felt so empty without her?

 

He was starting to hate himself immensely when the sudden click of the door grabbed his attention.

 

"Jagiyyaaaaa! I'm home!!"

 

He nearly slipped in his house slippers when he ran so fast towards her and nearly knocked her off with his hug.

 

"Bong Hee-ya!! You're finally back!! I missed you so much! You don't know how lonely it was without you, i was dying!" okay he was overreacting but who cares?

 

Bong Hee awkwardly laughed but hugged him back. "Why are you acting like a puppy? I was just gone for 3 days for a business trip."

 

Huh? Was it only 3 days?

 

He cleared his throat and looked at her face. "Hey, how could you call your husband a dog?"

 

"That was a compliment. Let me sit first, my legs hurt, i'm tired."

 

"oh! Here, sit here, what do you need? Do you need water? Juice? Do you want me to massage your feet for yo-"

 

His words were cut off when she suddenly kissed his blabbering mouth.

 

"aigoo, there you go again, being a busybody. I'm okay, just sit here beside me and let me relax with my husband."

 

He easily complied and sat beside her with a smile, his arm hugging her shoulders.

 

"I really missed you." he held her fingers and kissed her forehead. "Next time,don't take years to come back."

 

She laughed and it was the best music he ever heard in a while.