Chapter 9

Second Chances

Your room looked exactly the same as when you left your house this morning; a mess. There were clothes and a towel all over the floor and the bed was undone. Unfortunately, Daniel saw everything. You closed the door of your room, ashamed.

I'm not usually like this,” you explained. “I didn't have time to clean up this morning.”

It's okay, you're cute.” He chuckled.

I'm sorry for asking you to stay. I don't want to be alone. I...”

You don't have to apologize. I'm glad you asked me.”

You nodded and thanked him.

Thanks for taking care of me. I hate crying in front of people.”

You knew that Daniel wanted to talk about the confession you made before but he decided to not talk about it yet. You thanked him for not forcing you to talk.

You want something to drink or eat? I've a lot of food in the fridge,” you said, breaking the awkward silence.

He laughed. “We should do a mukbang. We've eating all day.”

You were happy he could still joke.

Daniel went to the fridge and exclaimed when he looked inside of it. “Either you don't eat at all or you do the groceries every day. Knowing you, it's the latter.”

He then took out an popsicle. How could he eat that at this cold weather?

He shrugged. “I feel like eating a popsicle. Want some?”

He sat on the couch and began to eat the popsicle. He looked like a big child. Suddenly, the couch looked small. You sat next to him and he asked you to come closer to him. “It's getting cold,” he said while eating.

You chuckled and did as he said. “You ate that on purpose, didn't you?”

You sat like this, next to him, for a long three minutes without saying anything. Then you began to confess.

I dated a classmate on my first year of college.”

Daniel realized you were about to tell him your story. He stopped his popsicle and looked at you. “You don't have to tell me just because I asked you," he said with a worried face.

You shook your head. “It's okay. I want you to know. It's the least I can do.”

He gave you a smile to reassure you.

I'm not as inexperienced as you think when it comes to love. I atractted the most popular guy of my class. He was handsome, smart, y.” You chuckled at Daniel's sudden gloomy expression. “He was as popular as you. And I was a nerd, really, I'm not joking. I wasn't pretty, didn't have a great personality and was really shy. But somehow, this boy said he liked me. I thought he looked through my inner beauty, that he liked me for my intelligence, my way of thinking and not for my looks, you know, like that.”

You took a breath to look at Daniel's face. He had a dark expression.

We dated for about one month or less? I was the happiest girl of the universe. How, someone like me, was dating the most popular guy of the class? It didn't make sense. But I was happy. He made me happy. He really did. People always said bad things about me like how I got to date the most handsome man. I didn't care because I was happy. However, after one month of dating, he began to treat me different. He shamed me countless time in public saying he wanted to date me for fun just to try out with a nerd, but after a month of trial, he found out I was no fun. He kept shaming me in public but the stupid of me kept loving him. People from my class began to say even badder things about me to the point I got a fear to talk to them. Later, I discovered he dated me as a result of a lost bet. But you know what? I truly believe his love was sincere. He was just afraid because his friends began to say things and then he took the easy way to break up.”

You took a pause and blinked several times. You didn't want to cry again.

When I say that looks are not everything, I really mean it. I don't trust people easily. They can be so mean. Luckily, I was able to change to another class. Now I don't have them as my classmates but I do see them from time to time around the campus. It's okay though. They don't talk about it anymore, they get tired of it eventually, but I can't trust people easily. However, what I regret the most is how fast I got to trust him. I told him everything about me. My secrets, my likes, my dislikes, my dreams. Silly me.”

You're not silly. Your feelings were genuine and sincere. He didn't deserve it though. And just like you, I neither think looks are everything. I thought you were beautiful when I first saw you, but you know what really made me fall for you?”

What is it?”

When you smiled at me.”

When did I? I hated you.”

You might have smiled at me unconsciously. But I am sure you did it. It was a genuine smile, not a flirty one.”

You wondered how silly you were all this time. Daniel was the sweetest guy in the world, how could you hate him? All this time you thought he was like your ex-boyfriend. He was not even close to that jerk. You wanted to trust him. You trusted him. You rested your head on his shoulder.

Thanks,” you said.

For what?”

For everything. For being so nice to me, for not pushing me to do things I don't want to, for always making me feel good and for being patient with me. I know you're not like him. I'm also sorry for not trusting you, for hating you.”

He put an arm over your shoulders and when you looked up to his face he rested his eyes on you. You weren't sure if it was right but you just followed your feelings for the first time and kissed him. You pressed your lips onto his. They were warm, soft and sweet. He placed a hand your cheek and gently kissed you back.

I also like you, Daniel. I'm sorry it took me so long to realize it.”

He killed you with a smile and gave you peck on your lips. He laughed nervously, but then he leaned towards you to give you another kiss, this time more intense than the previous one.

I'll show and prove you in many ways that you can trust me. I want to gain your trust.”

You bit your lips as you couldn't hide your smile and happiness.

 

__

Okayyy this is so sweet I'm cringing at my own story lol. Daniel is so boyfriend material TT and I didn't update as fast as usual because of work and I was keeping up with all Wanna One's shows haha