Chapter 3

Second Chances

Next day the same routine followed by. Kang Daniel ignored you during classes and smile waved at you during lunch.

Once the classes of the day ended, you reached the bus stop to go home. A weird thought came to your mind: you wanted to walk, but suddenly an even weirder thought came to your mind: you wanted to see K-D. Really? Why?

You left the bus stop and walked towards your house. You didn't see him anywhere. You already walked five minutes and there was no sight of Kang Daniel. You laughed at yourself. What were you expecting, uh? Then you heard a familiar voice.

Annyeong,” he said in a cute way. “Looking for me?”

As usual, your initial reaction was to freeze and lose the ability to speak.

Missed the bus again?”

Not really. Just wanted. To walk.” Aahg, why couldn't you properly finish a sentence.

Don't you mind if I walk with you?”

You shrugged. “I don't... mind.”

He scratched the bridge of his nose. You realized he did that often especially when he was nervous. “I was wondering... perhaps do you hate me?”

You was taken aback with his sudden question. You thought your answer well and decided to be honest.

If you asked me this question few days ago, I would say yes.” You couldn't look at his eyes. “Now I don't hate you. But I don't like you either," you said as you kept walking with Daniel besides you.

Why?”

To be honest, we are not even friends. I don't know why you talk to me.”

We are almost neighbours.”

You laughed.

Oh, you laughed.”

What?”

You look pretty when you laugh.”

Your cheeks turned color pink. He didn't seem a bad person. You actually didn't hate him (but that didn't mean you liked him either) and it was easy to talk with him, but you still didn't know him well.

I don't know why you don't like me but let's try being friends since we will see each other everyday during and after classes. If you still don't like me, you can stop talking to me.”

You thought about it. I can't judge a book by its cover. With that thought in mind you agreed. You were curious about the Kang Daniel phenomenon. Or maybe you just wanted to find more reasons to hate him. You weren't sure anymore.

Deal.”

He handed you his right hand. You wondered what he was doing. Did he want to hold your hand? Then you realized he wanted to shake hands to close the deal. How silly of you.

Deal,” he said. His hands were soft and warm.

See you tomorrow.” This time, it was you who said it first and Daniel gifted you a wide smile. You thought you heart melted a little.

Were you too fast to judge him? Did you hate him all this time for no reason? Suddenly you found yourself wanting to know more about him.

 

___

(a short chapter, sorry;;)

tumblr_ou2fl7WVos1wvpj1wo1_540.gif

Gif: nielongs