[FINAL] Chapter 17

Second Chances

Why are you telling me that?”

Minhyun just confessed that he loved you. He didn't just confess that he once loved you but he still does. You were the one who asked him if he ever loved you, but did he have to be so sincere? Exactly, why now?

I'm with Daniel now. You know that. And how do you want me to trust you? You didn't show you loved me at all.”

He nodded. “It's hard to believe, I know, but I sincerely loved you. You were my first love. And I ruined it all.”

You were shocked as you thought that Minhyun could have been your boyfriend now instead of Daniel. That thought made you feel sad. Daniel was the best that had happened to you. You didn't regret anything.

I just wanted you to know that I wasn't as bad as you thought. It might sound as an excuse; I have always loved you but I approached you for the wrong reasons.”

What do you mean?” Why he had tell you this just now when you were dating Daniel? Was he expecting you to fall for him again?

It all started as a bet between my friends. They chose you because you were the most quiet and innocent looking out of the class so they thought you would be easy to trick.” He looked down as he was ashamed to tell you that. “My friends –well, they're not my friends anymore– insisted me to ask you out, so I did. I dated you due to a losing bet but then I began to fall for you. I really liked you. As time passed, I began to feel things for you. But you were so into me in such a short time. You trusted me so easily, you loved me and took care of me blindly. I didn't deserve all that. I fell for you and approached you for the wrong reasons and that made me feel bad. I wanted to break up with you but didn't know how.”

So you chose the wrong way to break up.” You judged him. “You could have told me the truth. You should have been sincere. That would have saved many problems. But you chose the wrongest way to break up with me. You really thought that hurting me was the best and easiest way?” You didn't realize you were crying. It was a mix of feelings building up inside your chest. You were angry and sad, frustrated and dissapointed.

My friends insisted me to date you since it was fun. If I didn't do as they say, they would have approached you and hurt you. I'd have prefered to keep dating you than let them lay a finger on you. But you... "He groaned, clearly frustated. "You were so good to me. Even though I began to be colder with you, you kept loving me and being so sweet. It was driving me crazy. Then I thought hurting you would help you forget me. You didn't deserve someone like me. Loosing you was a apunishment for accepting that stupid bet. I should have approached you in another way. I really ruined it.” He left out a sigh. “As to Daniel, I already apologized to him. He said he doesn't want to see me again and I understand.”

You wondered what was the meaning of fun for them. That wasn't even fun, it was bullying. Playing with someone's feelings just to make fun of him or her... what kind of crazy bastard would do that.

So it all started as a bet and ended as a bet,” you said. “Can I ask you something? Those friends you made a bet with were...?”

No, it wasn't Daniel and his friends. We didn't see that much since we weren't in the same class. They weren't even from our class, they were our sunbaes. I just happened to meet them at a party and kept in touch with them. They're not my friends anymore. Well, they never were. Anyways, I want you to know that I spent a good time with you. You're a wonderful person. Daniel is so lucky to have you. Please, don't ever think you are not worth it.”

It hurt me that you had to go so far to the point to use me as a stupid bet between your friends so you all could have fun. You hurt me a lot. I really lost confidence in myself. I don't think I can ever forgive you. I don't hate you anymore, but I can't forgive you.”

I don't deserve it anyways. I came back to Seoul to finish some papers and to apologize. I'll go back to Japan tomorrow. You won't know about me anymore.”

You thought it was a pity he did what he did. You could have been good friends but it was better to stay away from each other.

You said your last farewells. You saw him leave through the door, watched him cross the street and then he disappeared from your view. You wished him the best. You really did.

 

**

You called Daniel and the phone rang several times but no one answered. You tried texting him.

 

You

Where are you?

 

You didn't feel like going home since it will be empty and the least you wanted was to feel lonely in an empty and cold place so you just wandered around the streets. You needed a hug from Daniel so much. Where was him? You wanted to know if he was okay. Why wasn't he answering your phone?

Where are you, Daniel?

You sent him another message. Then something happened. He left the message as “seen” but didn't answer. When he didn't text you back you realized he was avoiding you. You were dissapointed at him.

You could also play his game if that was what he wanted. You decided to stop trying to reach him. If he was going to be that childish, you would let him alone and stop trying to contact him. You were mentally tired and didn't want to get more stress. You went back home and fell asleep as soon as you lay on your bed.

 

**

Daniel didn't go to classes the next two days. You were getting angrier as time passed by, but as the same time you were worried. Was he really avoiding you? Or what if something happened to him? What if someone stole his phone and that's why you haven't been able to contact him? What if...?

You decided to go to his house after classes, whether he wanted to you see you or not.

When you arrived at his house, you saw a tall boy riding a skateboard on the empty narrow street. It was Daniel. He saw you and approached you on his skateboard. He didn't say anything and just stayed still. He gave you a shy smile. Why it was such an umconfortable situation? You broke the silence first.

Can you teach me?” You pointed at the skateboard. “I've always wanted to learn.”

It's easy. Once you learn the basics, you will be able to ride it. Then you can learn more tricks.”

He showed you first how to ride it and did few tricks. You were amazed at how easy he made it look. But once you got on the skateboard it wasn't as easy as you thought. You lost the balance several times but luckily Daniel was there to save you.

Please, be patient. I think I'll need more time than expected to learn.”

After few trials you finally got to ride the skateboard without falling. It felt good to be on it and feel the wind on your face. No wonder Daniel loved it so much.

You approached Daniel and put the skateboard aside. It was time to talk.

Why you haven't gone to classes?”

He shrugged. “I didn't feel like to go.”

You didn't feel like to go? What kind of answer is that. Tell me the truth. I've tried to call you several times but you never answered me. Why? You didn't feel like to?”

Is Minhyun alright?” He suddenly asked.

Why do you care about him right now?”

I heard he was your ex-boyfriend. Did you meet him?"

"I did meet him. So?”

I don't know.”

Okay, clearly I can't have a conversation with you now. Call me when you want to talk.” You turned around and left, upset. Yes, you were upset. Daniel made you angry. 

Daniel grabbed your hand and stopped you. You didn't want to look at his eyes because yours were getting watery. “I'm sorry. I was angry and scared. I didn't know how to react or how to protect you.”

I thought we were in this together.”

I'm sorry,” he said as he back hugged you. “I'm sorry. I was so childish.”

You dissapeared when I needed you the most. You don't have idea how much I needed you.”

I'm sorry,” he kept repeating.

You shook your head. “It's also my fault. I didn't tell you first. I wanted to tell you but I was afraid.” You turned around to look at him. “I'm also sorry.”

He whiped your tears with his thumb and huggen you again.

"I'm such a bad boyfriend. I didn't know how to comfort you so I hid."

"You don't have to do anything. Just stay by my side." You looked up at his eyes. "I don't mind if you keep in touch with Minhyun. I know he was your friend.” 

He shook his head. “We decided to stop contacting each other.  I don't think we can be friends anymore.” 

Please, don't dissapear again like that. I was so worried," you said as you buried your face on his chest and let him surround you tightly with his arms. 

I won't. I promise.”

The truth was Daniel came right into your heart so you didn't want he go anywhere.

 

** 

You called Daniel early in the morning. He was already awake when you he answered your call.

I woke up to feed my cats,” he said ending it with a chuckle.

Are you free today?”

For you, I'm always free.”

You chucked. “I want to spend the day with you. All day.”

Sounds good. You want to go to somewhere in specific?”

You blushed. “Ummh, I already planned everything.”

He laughed and your ears were blessed.

Okay, I'll meet you in one minute.”

Wait. What?”

In less that one minute, the doorbell rang.

What are you doing here?”

What do you mean? To see you, of course." He pretended to be offended.

I mean, what are you doing here so early. Around my house.”

I wanted to surprise you. Cute pajama,” he said.

You blushed. It was your oldest and the most comfortable one, but also the ugliest. You facepalmed at yourself. How embarrassing.

You took a shower and changed your clothes meanwhile Daniel patiently waited for you in the living room.

You haven't eaten breakfast, have you?” You asked once you were ready.

Nope.”

Good. Because today we're going to do what we like the most: eat.”

Waaah,” he exclaimed excited as a little kid. You chuckled.

 

**

We already came to this cafeteria, didn't we?” Daniel asked when he saw where you were at.

You nodded. “The food was good. Why don't come here again?”

Last time you came it was crowded and you barely found an empty table. Now it was early in the morning so it wasn't crowded yet. The place was quite popular.

After your warm coffe with orange juice, a sunny side up and bread, you asked Daniel to watch a movie at the cinema.

Is there a movie you want to watch? Ummh, this horror movie looks good,” he pretended to be brave but you knew he hated those kind of films.

You asked him to choose one that he liked and once again, it wasn't your kind of movie but you let it be. Definitely you and Daniel didn't have the same taste in movies. But you weren't really interested in the movie itself, just wanted to spend time with Daniel and do the things that he liked.

You bought popcorns and drinks and went to your assignated seats. You made an effort to not fall asleep. However, the movie was more interesting than you expected and you actually enjoyed it.

What's next?” Daniel asked excited once the movie ended. He really enjoyed it. That made you happy.

There's one last place I want to go.”

 

**

Wait. This place...” Daniel said once you arrived at the place you wanted to go. “This place and the other ones...”

You smiled proudly. “Yes, there are the places that we went together once. We were just friends back then, so I wanted to go the sames places again as a couple. Oh, isn't it too cheesy?”

He shook his head and smiled. “I love it.”

It was Daniel's mom secret place; the romantic café that you came with him before he confessed to you. The place looked the same as the last time you came except they changed the flowers in the jars. The same waitress guided you to the same seat –the most romantic spot of the café as she stated.

You chuckled. “Remember back then everyone thought we were a couple. Now we really are.”

Should we ask for hot chocolates?”

Oh, I've wanted to drink that hot chocolate again since a while. Do you think they will give it to us for free again?”

Probably they will.”

How do you know?”

Actually, I've to confess you somehting."

Uh-oh, he was nervous. That meant he was going to tell you something either bad or good.

Actually, this café, is not any café. It's a special one. My parents always have their marriage anniversary here. My mom told me if I meet someone special, I should bring her here.”

Oh. But we went here before we were dating.”

I already knew you were that special person.”

You smiled widely. Your chest could explodeat any moment out of happiness. Right at that momento you thought you were the luckiest girl in the world.

"I'm tired of this hidden dating. I don't care what people say. I want to proudlly tell everyone you are my boyfriend."

"So I can hug you whenever I want?" He smiled just by thinking about that.

"Oh, I almost forgot. I prepared something else." You took an iPod out from your purse. "Remember I promised you I'd made a playlist for you? Here's a playlist with songs I chose myself. They don't necessary have a meaning, some of them do but they are song that makes me good evertythime I listen to them. So everytime you feel tired, sad or happy, you can listen to them. I promise you will feel better."

Kang Daniel's playlist

Honne – Woman

Heize – Star

Standing Egg – 너라면 괜찮아

Sanchez – 5 More Minutes

The Hermit – 글로잉독

MoonMoon – Corntrail

Jesse Ruben – This Is Why I Need You

Sugarbowl – 오늘 더 좋아

Hallucinations – DVSN

램씨 – Love Like That

(Actually I do recommend these songs ^^)

After he looked through the playlist, he smiled at you and looked you with tender eyes. No words needed, you knew exactly what he was thinking.

You loved him mor than yesterday. Then you found yourself overwhelmed at how much you loved that boy.

[THE END]

 

___

Ok so let me explain this. When I write fanfics, I like to stick to the characters' real personality (idols in this case) as much as possible. I know Minhyun wouldn't be able to hurt anyone but he does have that innocent and caring boyfriend feel but when you watch him on variety shows you can see how clueless and inexperienced he is when it comes to dating. I think he would be the kind of person that would treat you sweetly and you would deeply fall for him. But he's also a person that can easily be manipulated? Like he would do anything for the ones he loves even if that means to sacrifice himself. I don't know if it makes sense. Anyways this is just my point of view, I don't really know Minhyun lol

THANK YOU so much for supporting this story! I appreciate every comment, upvote, subscription you did, really <3 I am really, heol, daebak, seriously, immensely thankful kkk Now I can die in peace because of black haired Daniel *^*

Kang Daniel's playlist: https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLQRN1epRSKWKEUEg__8_eCzF7uLntyDAX

tumblr_ov54z6rVja1qm7wvwo1_400.gif

Cr: ong-wu